• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fansites served with copyright infringement notices: PokéBeach, Serebii targeted, mor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fansites served with copyright infringement notices: PokéBeach, Serebii targeted,

Hmm...perhaps it's time I start backing up certain data for myself, just in the off chance the C&D nonsense carries on beyond just the B/W images. Things certainly have turned interesting on this matter overnight.

Re: Fansites served with copyright infringement notices: PokéBeach, Serebii targeted,

Hmm...perhaps it's time I start backing up certain data for myself, just in the off chance the C&D nonsense carries on beyond just the B/W images. Things certainly have turned interesting on this matter overnight.

I already have every Isshu sprite saved. I might post them on my facebook or something and see what happens.

*cough* PLDH still has all their sprites up *cough*

I agree with Rainbow Moondust. This problem started because of Melkor's lack of morals and horrible work ethics.

and WPM's Victinigate wasn't much help.
Bolded for truth.

If it's really the leak they're upset with, why....why is Melkor seemingly untouched here?:eh:

[Wow, I never expected THIS to be the thing that finally got me to register here!]

I already have every Isshu sprite saved. I might post them on my facebook or something and see what happens.

I'm saving a lot more than that, just in case this fiasco spirals out of control into something a lot bigger than just removing images.

I'm saving a lot more than that, just in case this fiasco spirals out of control into something a lot bigger than just removing images.
Like what? I might just do the same....:dodgy:

I hope this doesn't turn into the aforementioned Neopetsgate. I'm kind of worried that the more successful pokemon becomes the more copyright sensitive Nintendo execs will become, which is a shame.

Do it.

I my friend on the other hand, prefers hardcopies, whre they'll have to pluck the sprites from my their cold, dead hands, just to be sure.

I hope this doesn't turn into the aforementioned Neopetsgate. I'm kind of worried that the more successful pokemon becomes the more copyright sensitive Nintendo execs will become, which is a shame.
You talk as if Pokemon is small. The only other thing for it to do now is to beat Mario.

Like what? I might just do the same....:dodgy:
If by the slightest chance it turns into something that will shut down information sites like Serebii and co. altogether, I would like to have some of the in-depth information still on hand. It might not get that far, but it's best to be safe than information-less.

http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/16468#16468

Here's a post on Nintendo's tech forums I found about the B/W games. It's short, but it shows that they are doing something different regarding future releases of games.

If they did that they would basically be cutting their own balls off and eating them.

http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/16468#16468

Here's a post on Nintendo's tech forums I found about the B/W games. It's short, but it shows that they are doing something different regarding future releases of games.
Its called region-locking. Nothing new, and only applies to DSi's. Really, DSi users were screwed considering nothing that great was added for a trade-off.

I don't find this too relevant but if anything it shows a more unflexible attitude on nintendo's forums. Blizzard forums, Steam/Valve forums, and other big names allow free fan discussion and speculation on their boards, another example of how nintendo is failing with its fans.

If nintendo is concerned that fansites draw more people than their official site, then I point them back to the whole purpose of copyright. The purpose of copyright is that you put effort into creating something, and you then want your work to cash in its reward. Bulbagarden too, put effort into their site, admittingly a lot more effort than nintendo put into theirs, and it's only natural that they get the recognition they deserve for their hard work. Furthermore the site stands testimony to what amount of dedication fans will go to in recognition of their franchise's popularity. Independent and unbound by the corporation, they are inherently a far more realistic indicator of a franchise's popularity than anything that can be produced officially.

Fansites are an asset of a unique flavor that adds to their popularity, one that they themselves could never produce, a finalciar benefit brought to them by fans, for free.

Last edited:

So if Bulba didn't use Melkor's info does that mean we're safe? Relatively?

MMmmmm....visuals..... 8|

Sorry about that, but I needed to get the point across. Imagine it: "We made this new system that a whole bunch of people bought! Now let's make a new game that a lot of those same people will want but make it not work on the new system they paid a bunch of money for!" It's just stupid.

Sorry about that, but I needed to get the point across. Imagine it: "We made this new system that a whole bunch of people bought! Now let's make a new game that a lot of those same people will want but make it not work on the new system they paid a bunch of money for!" It's just stupid.

Well it was stupid to buy the DSi in the first place. Just wait for the 3DS which has everything the DSi has, and more. Infact you could call the 3DS a portable Wii.

Well it was stupid to buy the DSi in the first place. Just wait for the 3DS which has everything the DSi has, and more. Infact you could call the 3DS a portable Wii.

I bought a DSi because my 4 1/2 year old DS finally gave out. And still, why would they make it normal DS exclusive?

There's something called trade-ups. When the 3DS comes out, I'm definitely trading in my barely-even-old DSi.

Of course, that's only if we're allowed to. If not, then I'll just have to auction it on eBay or something.

You do realize that region-locking's been around a long time right? The games will work so long as they are of the same language. Buy an American DSi, only American BW works.

You're acting like Nintendo's out to piss people off left and right by not allowing the DSi to work despite the games being DSi-enhanced. Of course, their minor enhancement doesn't outweigh the trade-off since I haven't heard anything about WPA security settings.

Here's an article on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_lockout

Really, unless you're planning to import the Japanese games, there's no reason why you should be overreacting and claiming that they made it DS/Lite exclusive :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom