• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Japanese Bands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MINI MONI. And, anyone who sing's the songs for Pokemon ^-^

There is one band that isn't Japanese - They're German - but the name of their band is Tokio Hotel. They're awesome! =3

Apart from the name, do they actually have anything to do with Japan? One of my friends was obsessed with them, but as far as I could tell, it's just German emo music. Do they ever sing in Japanese or anything?

Anyway -
Matsumoto Rica = Love (But Pokemon fans should know that ;-))

And anything composed by Kanno Yoko. Cowboy Bebop soundtrack for example is just amazing.

I actually don't like a lot of Japanese music as far as the pop and rock goes. I don't know why. I do have a few I make exceptions for, though.

• ALI PROJECT ... People I meet either love them or can't stand them. I love how out there the music is, especially in Grand Finale. I really admire the soundtrack work they did on .hack//ROOTS, too.
• Two-Mix ... Detective Conan :D
• See-Saw

And... yup. Exciting, right?

I don't know much about music artists or bands from Japan or otherwise, but...

I like Gackt because of Dirge of Cerberus.
I like Ayumi Hamasaki because of Kingdom Hearts.
You'd think I therefore like "The Black Mages", but I don't.
I like some of X Japan's music, but I'm afraid of what they might be saying.

I love Japanese music! My favorite bands are Perfume, Morning Musume, Buono, Yanawaraba, and Mihimaru GT. My favorite singers are Ayumi Hamasaki, Utada Hikaru, Megumi Hayashibara, Kokia, Maaya Sakamoto, Ai Otsuka, Yuna Ito, Yui, Ayaka Hirahara, and Jyongri.

I don't really listen to Japanese music, but I do enjoy lolling at CORICORI

I mostly like opening/endings/inserts songs from anime, but I guess I have a few to mention:

Pizzicato Five
Megumi Hayashibara
Rica Matsumoto
Inuko Inuyama (xD)
DJ SHARPNEL
Rie Tanaka
Hiromi Konno
Tamura Naomi
Tommy February6

I also like Shinji Miyazaki's and K-Taro Takanimi's music.

Oh, and I love Aya Hirano's singing Konata's character songs. The whole Lucky Star cast is amazing!

Edit: Add Crystal Kay.

Last edited:
I don't really listen to Japanese bands, so much as random Japanese songs I find with AMVs... L'arc~en~Ciel is a good band, though. Ali Project is too... Yoko Kanno is a great Japanese composer.

Oh, and what I've heard of Blood Stain Child is really good too.

Ali Project (Hands down)
Maximum the Hormone
Whoever sings the theme from Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei

I'm not really into japanese music, mostly because I have no idea what they are saying. I am a fan of ska, so at least I find this band pleasing: Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra I found out about them by accident one day on the internet. Ahhh, youtube. What would i ever do without you?

Maximum the Hormone an The Pillows are my two favorites! ^_^

Puffy, the band, I have loved them since i saw that Japanese Lucario movie ending. And there are so much more that I love but don't remember the names. I tend to love Japanese musical acts, and Heck I can love all the artists mentioned above too.

IOSYS and Dbumusic.

I only know three Japanese bands, and even then I only know the names - Dir en grey, Girugamesh and The 5 6 7 8s. So yeah...

The only band I have ever listened to outside of video game music and anime music is Do As Infinity (for some reason I developed some interest for them after reading about them on the internet). Then again I do not really listen to a lot of Japanese music (aside from some anime and video game music). I have also been listening to Utada Hikaru and Otsuka Ai, but they are solo singers.

Jamesredsilver said:
I like Ayumi Hamasaki because of Kingdom Hearts.
You are thinking of Utada Hikaru. Ayumi Hamasaki never performed any music in Kingdom Hearts (Infact all of the songs in Kingdom Hearts are performed by Utada Hikaru).

Andrew_Kaulitz said:
Now I remember the other one... Fahrenheit.
Isn't Fahrenheit a Chinese pop band from Taiwan?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom