• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite video game characters not from Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jade from Tales of the Abyss if my favorite video game character, and one of my all-time favorite fictional characters in general. Aside from being hilarious at points, especially when interacting with Dist, I love how he gradually warms up to the rest of the party of the course of the game.

Kratos from Tales of Symphonia is a close second. I initially hated him, but his backstory just kind of made me want to give him, and I wound up really liking him.

Riku - KingdomHearts
Wakka - FFX
Alistar - Dragon Age Origins
Swaine - Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

With Dual Destinies coming out, and some other games I've waited awhile for I can definitely add on to my previous faves.

For Dual Destinies there's Athena, Simon Blackquill, and Jinxie Tenma so far. Tho I'm only on case 3 as of now.

And for Rune Factory 4 there's Dolce, and surprisingly Margaret. I'm enamored with MMargaret oddly enough and I didn't like her before.

Instead of writing a big list from all my favorite games I'll just say one:

Minato from Persona 3 FES.

Well, since characters is plural, it's okay to make a list.

Kefka - Final Fantasy VI
Silver the Hedgehog - Sonic the Hedgehog
Rosalin - Super Mario Galaxy
Matthew - Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Lucina - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Frederick - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Ellie - Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
Joel - The Last of Us
Lanschnekt - Etrian Odyssey 4
Mr. Saturn - Earthbound

Squall, Zell, Seifer, Laguna from Final Fantasy 8

Cloud from Final Fantasy 7

Ryu & Jin from Marvel Vs. Capcom

Ryo from Shenmue

Garrus Vakarian, Mass Effect 1/2/3: He would be the character I would romance with if Man Shep+Garrus was possible.
Liara, Mass Effect 1/a little bit in 2/3: IMO, I need Garrus, Liara, and Tali, or I just can't play the game.
Tali, Mass Effect 1/2/3: See Liara. She's also the funniest of the three.
Renegade Shepard, Mass Effect 1/2/3: He/She's really badass, unlike the boring Paragon Shepard.
Coco, Animal Crossing: She's my favorite villager. I like the whole Gyroid bunny/whatever she is idea. I think it makes her look cute, somehow.
Edward Kenway, Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag: I like his personality.
GLaDOS, Portal 1/2: Best and funniest evil AI ever!
Wheatley, Portal 2: Best stupid AI ever!
Narrator, The Stanley Parable: I don't know why, but I really like the narrator.

The lone wanderer from Fallout 3, I love that game so much, and it's fun to make up your own head cannon about him.

Bastilla from KOTOR, She's awesome, a bamf, and a great character to talk to.

Darth Reven from KOTOR, pretty much the same reasons, and I really love bastilla and Reven story.

Chrom from fire emblem awakening, one of my favorite jrpg characters ever.

Lissa from fire emblem awakening, not only my favorite ship with the avatar, but also she's a pretty cool character

Boon from Fallout new vegas, probably one of the best partners in the game.

Willow from willow mod for fallout new vegas, I saved the best for last. I love willow she's an awesome character and is pretty good with a gun. I really liked the charm of the mod and all the hard work that was put in it.

Last edited:
Lieutenant Carter Blake from Heavy Rain, because he's badass. If it's only player-characters that are allowed, Ethan Mars from the same game then.

Lloyd Irving from tales of symphonia, (sad sad sad story)

Lloyd is one of my favorites too. Not a sad story, but I like how normal boy goes from being loser to hero. :)

My favorites are the entire party of Tales of Symphonia:

Lloyd Irving, he's an underdog, he goes from zero to hero, and he's not even part of the prophesy! He fights for what he believes in and makes an amazing leader.

Colette Brunel, we're both klutzs and act alittle ditsy. But we have big hearts and are caring for others. And we look alike.

Genis Sage, he's so young and yet so wise! Indignation Judgement is monstrous too!

Kratos Aurion, he's just a mysterious guy, he's wise, awesome and
I adore his father/son relationship he has with Lloyd. It shows that even though Kratos is a strong grown man, his role of being Lloyd's father takes over all priories. He watched Lloyd from afar at the beginning of the journey, but you could tell he was watching over him.

Raine Sage, she's a wise elf. She's compassionate about her line of work, and her Japanese name Refill, is hilarious since she's the healer of the group.

Shenna Fujibayashi, again, also a klutz, she's strong and determined.

Zelos Wilder, he's extremely secretive and is over all amusing with his antics. Behind his smile he hides a dark past, which most people can relate too.

Presea Combatir, she's soft spoken and awkward around people. And she's just so freakin adorable untill you find out she can lift an ax and iron maiden with one hand. O.O

and lastly, Regal Bryant, he's a sorrowful man who carries a heavy burden. He's like the voice of reason despite being a prisoner. His loyalty to protect those who he loves makes me like him even more.

My favorites are Ib, Garry, and Mary from Ib, as well as Madotsuki and Seccom Masada in Yume Nikki. (Also, I believe that the entire Corpse Party cast counts as well. ^^ I love all these stories~)

Here are my favourite characters:
Ling Xiaoyu- Tekken
Kasumi- Dead or Alive
Yuna- Final Fantasy X

Man I have so many of those, but I'm going to only name Nidai Nekomaru for the sake of simplicity. I'll try to make a more comprehensive list later down the road, because to be honest I like too many video game characters heh.

Hmm let me see..

Trevor - GTA V

Kirigiri, Celestia, Fukawa - Dangan Ronpa

Gundam, Owari, Tsmuiki, Ibuki - Super Dangan Ronpa 2

Jill and Chris - Resident Evil (OTP)

Ellie - The Last of Us

Clementine - Walking Dead

Princess Kenny - South Park Stick of Truth

and probably loads more that I'm forgetting.

Big Boss - Snake Eater, Peacewalker

Kazuya - Tekken

Max Payne

honestly, i dont think this is a question that can be answered, there is just so many characters i like that i cant say i have a favorite
like haseo from .hack//g.u
or snake from metal gear
akiyama from yakuza 4
lon'qu from fire emblem awakening
tiny tina from borderlands 2
i could go on but it would take alot of time

I love the entire crew from the Hyperdimension Neptunia Series.

11186dj.jpg
From the Top Row (Left to Right): Falcom, Nisa, Compa, Neptune, Histoire, IF, Kei Jinguji, Vert, Chika, Cave.
From the Bottom Row (Left to Right): Gust, Mina Nishizawa, Blanc, Ram, Rom, Nepgear, Uni, Noire, and 5pb.

there's even a few characters that I like that aren't in the pic above.

like Plutia...
ilvl1w.png

...and Peashy.
2hnnvbm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom