• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: Favourite computer font?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zakisrage

SAEV DEH WHALEZ!
Reaction score
What is your favourite computer font?

My favourite computer font is probably Wingdings. When I was a kid, I used to type secret messages in Wingdings, print them out, and ask people I knew if they could translate it.

I also really like Ravie. It has so much personality. Another font I like is that medieval Gothic font that you see a lot in old German books. I forget what it's called.

OPTIONAL: What is your least favourite font?

I like the cleanness of Helvetica. I do think it is pretty funny when people use fonts like Chiller in more serious places. I've seen clothing shops and cafés use it and it almost never suits the business.

I used to really like Verdana for very similar reasons, myself. Nothing wrong with being a little boring, though!

Comic Sans is one of my most favourites because of the sarcastic implications it has.
Courrier New is another favourite because of how spaces work, it's particularly useful for making tables out of characters that will always allign right.

Tahoma, and Avant Garde they're just pleasing to look at really.

I'm more of a Courier kind of guy, especially when I make checklists.

Arial- It's clean and easy to read.

Courier new- I use this font when writing documents and letters (Courier and Times New Roman; depending on who I am writing to).

Least favorite is comic sans. I guess as an artist it just comes off as tacky when I see people use it in comics, regardless of the artist's intentions in using it.

I pretty much love Book Antiqua. It looks great on long texts consist of paragraphs. Gotham something is also the best one for banners or videos. But if I need something simple and easy, I just go with Verdana. 8 and 10 size are the best for it.

I hate Times New Roman and Arial with passion, however. Whenever I set up a browser, I always change default font from Arial to Verdana. It even looks way better on websites such as Bulbapedia.

I really enjoy using Magneto. A big, colorful Magneto. Like this one right here!
(I really enjoy using Magneto. A big, colorful Magneto. Like this one right here!)

Gonna be honest, I don't have any preferences. None of these fonts are ones which I've grown to like or dislike with a burning passion. My only requirement is that the text be legible.

I like Helvetica and Verdana.
I like Courier New. I like monospaced serif fonts in general, the spacing is extremely useful for me and the serif just gives it a decoration I feel it needs to keep it lookable at.

I really don't like Arial at all. Not the least of which because of it's "Il" issue. Text becomes too narrow easily too which makes it annoying for me to tell how much text is really in there, especialy without serifs so it all looks like thin vertical lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom