• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favourite Pokemon Game Music

Don't know much about Gen 1,2 and 6 music, but here are mine
Hoenn-The first route (101?), Gym leader battle, Sealed chamber (it's just enchanting), Steven battle
Sinnoh-Spear pillar, Snowy part of Mt. Coronet, Dialga/Palkia battle, Cynthia battle, Frontier brain battle
Didn't like much from unova except the N theme, driftveil and castelia city themes.
Lavender town or Pokemon tower, anyone? :)

So apparently this gem was recently found in the data for XY--it's a remix of the Champion theme from RBY. I am obsessed with this remix and it's now one of my favorite game tracks.

Oh wow, that's awesome! There must be some reason it's there...
According to the video description, it's going to be used in the Pokemon World Championships? How could they possibly know that though?

So apparently this gem was recently found in the data for XY--it's a remix of the Champion theme from RBY. I am obsessed with this remix and it's now one of my favorite game tracks.

Oh wow, that's awesome! There must be some reason it's there...
According to the video description, it's going to be used in the Pokemon World Championships? How could they possibly know that though?

I think it's just a thing that they do at the World Championships. I can't confirm this myself since I've never been to one of these events before lol, but this update from PokéBeach suggests this stuff has been done before.

Overall, Hoenn and Sinnoh had the best tracks. I think Sinnoh had the highest quality and most stand-outs, while the standard was overall at its highest for Hoenn.

Kanto: Cerulean City and Lavender Town in HGSS are both fantastic. I don't particularly like any of the music in the gen 1 games.
Johto: Goldenrod City, Mahogany Town and Bike Theme
Hoenn: Ending credits, Sootopolis City and Fortree City.
Sinnoh: Route 209, Routes 225/226/227 and Route 229, Hearthome City.
Unova: Accumula Town, Opelucid City (both of them), Emotion (I got very blubbery when this was played at the end).
Kalos: Friendship forever, Bike theme, Ending

Best Starting Town: Twinleaf Town
Best Surf: Kalos
Best Bike: Kalos
Best Pokemon Centre: Sinnoh
Best Ending: Hoenn
Best Trainer Battle: Hoenn
Best Wild Battle: Hoenn

Best EVAR: Friendship Forever (Kalos)

Oh, Route 10 of unova has an AmAzInG theme. It made me so emotional.....
it just fits the theme.... End of a journey, Gotta save the world(well, a pokemon world)

Holy mother of Arceus. This was here, this whole time? In the same game that uses that lame track for Diantha's battle?! Where was this during that dark hour?!!
... anyways, great track, Blue's champion theme ranks pretty high in my favorite Pokemon music of all time.
Also, listening to this, I thought: What if they made a track that's like all the champion's themes combined, like a medley? That would be one epic blast from the past.

List incoming:
Kanto: Route 1, Route 4, Vermilion City, Lavender Town, Celadon City, Pokemon Tower, S.S. Anne, Pokemon Mansion, Cinnabar Island, Viridian City, Safari Zone
Johto: Azalea Town, Ecruteak City (original and remade), Tin Tower, Dragon's Den
Hoenn: Slateport City, Lilycove City, Rustboro City, Fortree City, Mt. Chimney, Mt. Pyre (indoors and outdoors), Fallarbor Town, Sootopolis City, Cave of Origin, Route 120, Route 104, Route 110, Ever Grande City, Battle Frontier, Battle Palace, Battle Arena, Battle Pike, Battle Pyramid
Sinnoh: Jubilife City, Eterna City, Hearthome City, Amity Square, Route 221, Route 212, Resort Area, Pastoria City, Spear Pillar, Floaroma Town, Valley Windworks, Eterna Forest, Old Chateau, Sunnyshore City, Fight Area, Stark Mountain
Unova: Nancrene City, Nimbasa City, Driftveil City, Lentimas Town, Opelucid City (modern), Humilau City, Virbank City
Kalos: Lumiose City, Camphrier Town, Cyllage City, Anistar City, Dendemille Town, Route 15 Brun Way, Laverre City, Poke Ball Factory

Last edited:
G3:
Steven/Wallace battle theme
E4 battle theme

G4:
Galactic battle theme
Frontier brain battle theme
Cynthia battle

G5:
Too many to count

Top 10 Trainer Battle Themes:
1. Hoenn Elite Four
2. vs. Blue/Green
3. Johto Trainer
4. Kanto Gym Leader
5. vs. Cynthia
6. vs. Brendan/May
7. Hoenn Trainer
8. Kanto Trainer
9. vs. Steven/Wallace
10. Johto Rival

Top 5 Legendary Battle Themes:
1. vs. Giratina (Platinum)
2. vs. Regis
3. vs. Deoxys
4. vs. Raikou/Entei/Suicune
5. vs. Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza

Top 10 Route Music:
1. Route 120
2. Route 113
3. Route 209
4. Route 38
5. Route 42
6. Route 3 (Kanto)
7. Route 10 (Kanto)
8. Route 26
9. Route 205
10. Route 15 (Kalos)

Top 10 City Music
1. Canalave City
2. Jubilife City
3. Sootopolis City
4. Dewford Town
5. Littleroot Town
6. Santalune City
7. Goldenrod City
8. Lavender Town
9. Celadon City
10. New Bark Town

Top 10 Other Locations Music
1. Sinnoh Pokémon League
2. Abandoned Ship (Hoenn)
3. Pokémon Tower (Kanto)
4. Mt. Pyre (Hoenn)
5. Mt. Coronet (Sinnoh)
6. Celestial Tower (Unova)
7. Kalos Power Plant/Poké Ball Factory
8. All Battle Towers
9. Battle Frontier (Hoenn)
10. Cave of Origin (Hoenn)

Top 10 Miscelaneous Music
1. R/S/E Credits Song (My favourite Pokémon song)
2. KISEKI (Kalos Credits Song)
3. Emotion (Unova)
4. All Hall of Fame songs
5. Hoenn Hall of Fame itself
6. Cynthia Pre-Battle
7. Pokémon Contest Theme (Hoenn/Sinnoh)
8. R/S/E Opening
9. G/S/C/HG/SS Opening
10. R/G/B/Y/FR/LG Opening

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom