• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Event Flowering Love ~ Spring 2024 Shipping One-Shot Competition

Okay so I'm considering adding an epilogue to my entry, but I didn't think it'd be a few more paragraphs long. Oh well, gotta keep the wholesomeness... Whole.

Alright, I'm actually done with the story itself, epilogue and all. The fanfic is just below 5500 words so... I don't know if my entry will be the longest or not, and if so, hopefully it won't be a shore to read through once we can start posting. I'll do some proof-reading of said epilogue and iron things out if needed.

The fanfic is just below 5500 words so... I don't know if my entry will be the longest or not, and if so, hopefully it won't be a shore to read through once we can start posting.
I'm here to assuage your worries immediately LOL. I'm at 3.5k words right now and nowhere near my finish line, I fear I may have to end up condensing my pacing if I start nearing 10k too soon.

woah u guys r doing amazing to write that much!! mine is still pretty short but i might add to it over the next few days. i dunno if it's just that i'm used to writing short fics or if i just subconsciously had the thought in mind while working on it to keep it short and sweet :chansey:

Haha, mine is at just about 5.4k words at the moment, and I, too, am primarily a writer of short one-shots (I love love love writing drabble variants and flash fiction). This fic will undoubtedly be one of the longest amongst all of my works.

Choosing to write my first oneshot as my finals season is coming to a climax... yeah I did not think this through.
I hope you can pull through!! Rooting for you!!

My issue is as I expected, the pacing of my fic. My friends are telling me to just write what I want to without worrying about the word limit and cull what I have to later, so we’ll see. Definitely my most difficult fic yet for the cap alone. :wynaut:

Wedding vows are hard to write. Heck, weddings are hard to write. Why did I choose to write a wedding fic. Because a sickfic would be too self indulgent
oof that sounds like a challenge. :stunfisk: I haven't been to enough weddings in my life to know where to start with writing one lol.

Though from what I've read of yours Kamo, you're really keen at researching the cultural aspects that go into your writing. I'm sure it will be great!

My issue is as I expected, the pacing of my fic. My friends are telling me to just write what I want to without worrying about the word limit and cull what I have to later, so we’ll see. Definitely my most difficult fic yet for the cap alone. :wynaut:
I agree with that approach though — if it's proving difficult to express something in fewer words, you can always try writing out everything you want to say, then figure out how much of that is excess/inessential and trim it down. (Easier said than done I know, but it will at least prevent you from feeling stuck!)

As for how mine's coming along, I'm not too worried about exceeding the word cap right now, though it's gonna be a bit of a long read anyway. >_>; I'm already past my personal 5k cap that I set earlier, but I'm this close to it being complete... it'll probably end up around 7k total, if I had to guess?

I keep wondering if my pacing is a bit rushed, but I think it only feels that way to me because I successfully held back from filling it with the long slow-burn tangents that I usually go on, lol. I must not be verbose, verbosity is the fic-killer.

Okay, so I haven't posted here in a while. Been busy with life, but I haven't forgotten about this contest! I just finished my story! Although I feel it's a bit short... pacing wise in particular. I was really trying to weave snippets together between two pairings in one story. But I think I am happy with how it turned out?

When is the best time to post it? May 3rd right?

i'm just doing the finishing touches on mine with some small additions and getting a couple of buddies to proofread it just to see if there are any errors i didnt spot! i'm super excited to share it and to read everyone elses.

i know there'll be a message in the thread when we can start submitting but i just wanna ask, will it be around 12am gmt tonight or tomorrow night? just asking since i was planning to stay up to submit mine on whichever day it was :chansey:

i know there'll be a message in the thread when we can start submitting but i just wanna ask, will it be around 12am gmt tonight or tomorrow night? just asking since i was planning to stay up to submit mine on whichever day it was :chansey:
Tomorrow night, a little less than 24 hours from now!

The cutoff is May 5th at 11:59 PM, so submissions will open up tomorrow on May 3rd at 11:59 PM (that's 6:59 PM EDT/3:59 PM PDT). This will give everyone exactly 48 hours to finish up and post their entries; though if a number of entrants need more time, we may consider a small extension to the deadline. :fingergunz:

Sorry for the double post but I cleaned up some punctuation issues and some phrases I had as mostly placeholders and I’m proud to say I’m officially done!! Can’t wait for tomorrow so I can share it!!!!! (I love my canon divergent verse……..I love you (REDACTED)shipping…..(you have to wait and see, but if you know me you can probably guess lol) I’m actually really proud of this, one of the first fics I actually took time to edit and revise and edit more, I think competitions like this really get me to work well!

I'm so excited to read everyone's submissions! Sadly, I won't be submitting anything; these last few weeks have been very hectic (exams, other class projects, lack of motivation...) and I overestimated my ability to write something completely out of my confort zone during the end of my school year :bulbaFacepalm: I'm sorry for dropping out this late!

Back
Top Bottom