• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Forever - My Story

Sovereign

He Bled into the Throne
Reaction score
Forever is a small story that I've won a few writing competitions with that I wrote quite a while back, and though I honestly don't think it's great, I've had a request from a friend to post it here on the forums. A fair warning, beforehand: This story is completely true, and incredibly sappy. I hope you enjoy! I'd love to hear any feedback you have. Also, the formatting got a little messed up when I transferred it over, so please bear with me. ^^;

---

I looked up at black skies and frozen stars glowing behind the light of that pale streetlamp. Below, my ragged converse shoes pressed down on the spider-web cracked sidewalk, small jolts of cold and excitement tracing like a finger between my shoulder blades. My heart felt like rain, each little droplet cascading down and echoing into my chest. Each pulse became louder. Each beat filled the hollow of my ribcage. It was warm; very. I gave a smile, cold wind teasing my lips. The wind and the breeze rustled through my hair, my body slowly chilling under the obscure moon that hid behind gray sheets of clouds. I should’ve been freezing, but my blood felt like cinder pumping beneath the pale, soft surface of my skin. I wanted her. I needed her.

Many people will love another, but few will ever experience true love. Loving someone and being in love with someone are two different things entirely. I had always thought that I’d find love; everyone does, right? I didn’t, however, think that I could ever meet someone that I’d die for. I never thought that I’d meet someone that I would breathe for.

I owe my life to a friend. Jason used to be like a brother to me; our door would always be open to him. We’ve since fallen apart as friends, but the closeness has yet to thin from our blood. He’s joining the military soon. It’ll be a long time before I see him again, and I vow that before he leaves he will know what his actions have done for me.

Well, I suppose the actions weren’t entirely his. Lady luck had definitely played her part.

Enough waiting. Do something now, or do nothing at all. I refused to do nothing. Dogs were barking, vehicle lights zooming by in the distance like Earth’s personal meteor shower; I could hear sirens of police cars. I was enveloped by the city’s brilliant, chaotic clamor… So why did I feel deafened by silence? My eyes were half-closed, mulling over the concrete of her grey castle. I was here to save her, wasn’t I?

We had the entire world at our fingertips. Millions of people talking, befriending, loving, hating, fighting each other at once, yet I found clarity in the chaos. I sat down at my computer one summer afternoon, nearly four years ago. My fingers gently met the slightly-worn in grooves of my keyboard, a small noise drumming as an icon at the base of the monitor began to dance with a golden light. It was Jason, as usual, and I easily identified his stark blue letters against the white background of my chat box. He’d taken a liking to a certain international chatting site, and had been inviting me into conversations with random strangers he’d met for the past few days. I sighed and gave a wry smile. It was usually entertaining, but it was getting a little annoying.

Not that day. It would be anything but boring that day. He had met two girls; one named Emmy, the other Marina. It’s a beautiful name, isn’t it? Marina… We talked. We clicked. There was a spark, and that spark quickly began glowing into an ember. That ember would become the flame that kept me warm, despite the snow and rain that had been plummeting down for so long.

I had been there for so long, where was she? Maybe she really didn’t care. Maybe she was gone, and didn’t bother to tell me. Maybe she didn’t want to see me. I kept on lying to myself, letting my words dig into my lips like teeth biting down on a bullet to stop from screaming. She loved me. I loved her. My body tried to step off that spider-cracked sidewalk, but I refused. My body shivered in the night’s breeze, almost as if the combination of cold and my own nerves was trying to pull me away from this place.

Then, something hit me.

She was beautiful, completely and absolutely. I hadn’t yet heard her voice, or seen her eyes, and yet I knew she was beautiful with every string of my heart. We had known each other for days, maybe? We didn’t care. We were foolish; we didn’t care. Ignorance is bliss. Turns out, we weren’t so ignorant after all. This is where I have to thank Jason; this is where my vow begins, and where my vow shall never end. He had the entire world at his beckoning, and he had chosen to log onto his computer that day. He had chosen to speak to Emmy, who in turn had chosen to talk to Marina. I had chosen to talk to Jason. I almost ignored him out of spite. I didn’t.

You know what the craziest part is? He found Marina. He had the entire world, and yet he found the love of my life. He found the girl that lived only three hours away.

Something literally hit me. I staggered forward a half-step, turning my head down and over my shoulder. Mina had glomped me. A romantic way to first meet in person, no? I didn’t say anything. What could I say? No words could begin to describe what we had been through. An unfading longing had been forged between us, and we finally had each other in arms. I turned, slowly, making sure not to disturb her embrace. She nuzzled against my chest softly, her eyes closed with warm arms wrapped around my waist. Her arms had pushed the shirt at my waist up slightly, and I felt her body warming my naked flesh for the first time.

I held her close; so close that I couldn’t tell which was beating faster, her heart or my own. I held her for hours.
We fell in love. It was when she first called me that I knew I would never long for another girl. I would never love anyone but Mina. I fell in love with her heart, her voice, and finally, her eyes. We would video chat every day. She would call me before she went to bed, and we’d end up talking hours longer than we had anticipated. She was perfect, from the way that she whispered my name to the way that she would yawn in the middle of pleading, “No, Kyliebear… I’m not sleepy, I promise.”

I needed to see her. I needed to hold her, to look into those eyes, to feel her heartbeat pressed against mine. She was from Dodge City, a town only three hours away. She didn’t have a father. Her mother was a drug addict, too strung out to care. She lived in the poorer part of town, ripe with violence and crime. She had nobody. I wanted to give myself to her, entirely. She would have me.

We kept each other warm on that spider-web cracked sidewalk, bathing in the pale light of the flickering streetlamp. There were thousands of people zooming in and out of the city, and yet we were completely alone. Together. I don’t know how long we stood there, but I have no doubt that I could have stood there, holding her, for as long as my body would let me. It was getting late, however, and if I were to be caught sneaking out (and three hours away, with a girl I wasn’t supposed to be with, no less), this would be the last moment I would share with her, in addition to being the first. I had to go. I whispered in her ear, brushing the hair behind her ear before breathing softly on her neck. “I’ve got to go… I love you, Marina.”

She clung to me. She pressed herself to me, sending her own feverish warmth into my skin. Her check pressed against my chest, before she pulled back softly. She stared up at me, her deep, perfect brown eyes reflecting the streetlamp like a haunting candle. Her curved lips pressed into a pout as she brushed hair from her delicate cheekbones. She shook her head, averting her eyes. Her crimson hair spilled down into the curve of her chest, bright against her milky-caramel colored skin, and I couldn’t help but stare in awe of her. She was, is, and always will be the most beautiful thing I’ll ever see, both inside and out. My feather-soft touch met her chin, lifting it with a wink and a smirk.

She whimpered, “Don’t go, Kyliebear… Be my forever.”

My name is Kyle Ewers, and nothing will ever stand between Marina and I. No man, no king, no war, no god shall ever tear us apart. I’m going to marry her. I’m going to not only die for her, but I shall live every moment of this life to ensure that her smile doesn’t fade, just as she does so for me. I will not falter, I will not break, I will not fade. We won’t fade. I cross my heart.

I smiled, my heart sinking. My long, dark lashes fluttered to a close, as she reached up and twirled a finger in one of my ebon curls. Slowly, we pressed our lips together, our bodies on fire. It was passionate tranquility. Perfect imperfection. We kissed, but it was more than that. It was every time we would say “I love you,” before going to sleep. It was every time she would call me crying, whimpering, waiting for me to say “It’s gonna be okay, Mina.” It was every time we had ever thought of each other, every time we had burned inside for each other.
Gently, we parted, her small hands wrapping around mine. “I’m not going anywhere, Minabear… I’m yours. Forever.”

I don't usually read romantic novels or anything but this is great.
(100 posts. Yes!)

Thanks for the comments, everyone. It means a lot.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom