• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General questions thread - have a question? Ask here!

RexRacer

Level 98
Reaction score
Please direct all of your questions about the Trade Center and Shop Subcenter here.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: General questions

I still don't exactly get how this works. I have Platinum (for all intents and purposes- I have to borrow a DS to play it), but I haven't been on in awhile, and I don't quite get how trading works on there, especially if these forums are involved. How do you trade with a specific person over GTS? Or is it a WiFi thing? Feel free to message me the answer.

It's a WiFi thing. Basically, you state that you want or are offering a specific Poke. Then, somebody will have it, they'll say so, and you'll exchange Friend Codes and a time to meet.

@ AbbyNormal

Trading with the Generation IV games works over Wi-Fi. You will arrange a trade with someone and then exchange friend codes (acquired after you connect to Wi-Fi). After both of you have registered each other in your Pal Pad (acquired from the basement a Pokemon Center), you will go to the basement of a Pokemon Center and connect to Wi-Fi.

After connecting to Wi-Fi, one player will go up to a terminal and choose trade. The other player will then "talk" to the other player and the trade will be initiated. After the trade is initiated, choose the Pokemon you wish you trade and then trade them over and then exit.

EDIT: evkl beat me to it.

And a question of my own.
After I have completed a trade, what do I do with my thread?

Last edited:

either locking it or closing it would make sense, otherwise this is going to get seriously crammed full of threads

If you can close your own thread, that's fine. If you want to delete it, that's cool. If you can't delete it but want it to be deleted let a mod in this forum know.

O.K, here's my problem:

I want to trade Two Pokemon at the same time for the sake of evolution.

How do I mark my thread? Want or Offering?

When I place posts in other people's threads, how do I know when someone has messaged me back?

You could subscribe to the thread so you get updated by e-mail and updates appear in UserCP. Just go to Thread Tools and Subscribe To This Thread.

Can I trade pokemon with someone through the union room insteaqd of the wi-fi room? whenever I try to connect to wi-fi downstairs at poke centers itll connect, then disconnect a few moments later. I have the same problem when I try to go to the GTS. My question is can pokemon be traded through the Union room if the participants arent nearby? Also if anyone knows how to possibly correct my wi-fi problems it would be appreciated.

I'm still confused about some things. Is there any that I need in order to be able to trade a pokemon besides a DS and my pokemon pearl game?

Re: General questions thread - have a Q? Ask here!

I would like to make a shop thread for shining pokemon,
though they are hacked. i read somewhere in here that i needed permission to start one. ^^
i have a post in offers,
but i think it would be better recognized if it were a shop.
i notice alot of people are looking for shining.
i finished platinum and aim to finish both pokedexes, so im beginning to breed both regular and shining.
heres the link to my current offer post.
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=41817
thanks

I would like to say good work on getting this trade center up and running. I was told by a member about it recently, so I came to join and see what it was like. Everyone has been very nice so far.

Have you considered forbidding the trading of hacked Pokemon on here? It's not that hard to ask someone if it's hacked and also check yourself, but I have noticed many users offering hacks. I just wonder if only allowing legit Pokemon would stop any confusion from happening.

I wonder though, if the current setup might experience growing pains as traffic increases. The Offering/Want threads are a good concept, but since users are making new threads for each request, I fear that the volume may be too much after a while. Maybe encourage members to make one thread for all their wants, and update that thread accordingly. I have seen that approach work on other boards of similar natures.

To cut down on the actual posts in those threads, members could be encouraged to work out specific trade deals over PM/VM/IM.

Just a few suggestions, I hope this is the proper thread...

Last edited:

umm... how do I figure out my friend code?

Go to your Pal Pad.
Your Pal Pad is in your bag under key items.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom