• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General XenForo Issues/Glitches/Ideas Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like the avatar uploader doesn't accept PNGs. I tried uploading one that's 18.16 KB and it came up with the 50 KB error message.
They do accept PNGs - I've used it for the majority of my avatars. However, from what I'm able to tell, there's also a limit to the dimensions that the image can be. It's a bit annoying since they don't tell you this at all, but generally I'll find that I can get an avatar to work if its dimensions are no larger than 200x200 while also being under the 50kb size limit.

Though it may be that the dimensions are actually even lower than that, because I'm fairly sure I've submitted images at that size under the size limit and still had them rejected! Generally I upload avatars at a maximum of 180x180 resolution, no matter what format I use.

Recently I've been finding my tabs here have been automatically refreshing and redirecting themselves to the forum index. No input from me, I don't even need to have them active, they just do it on their own. Wondering if it's a bug of some kind, or if not how to make it stop. Because this is really obnoxious, needless to say!!

Why is my avatar distorted all of a sudden?
The Distortion World theme has updated to now feature larger avatars,
because of this, some smaller or not perfect square avatars look weird with this update.

If we take a look at your avatar
33222.jpg
you see that it's way wider than it is tall.

The forum however, is trying to resize your image to be a perfect square, squishing everything together to make it fit perfectly.

If you'd like, I've made a cropped out version of your avatar so it looks better with the Distortion World skin :)

not just you, very slow for me and other people on the discord too

It needs about 60-90 seconds to load a single page. It's actually been doing that for me all week. Thought it was just my internet.

The forums are slow for me as well. Been happening to me on and off for the last 2-3 days. Seems to be especially slow at night, from about 8 PM onwards.

Is puush disallowed for images? If so, why?
I can't save my signature and all it says is "Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements."
Code:
[center][img]https://puu.sh/zY9Mq/6db63b969d.png[/img][/center]
Heyo! It's because we have a system to filter out spam. You'll need 10 messages to put a link in your signature. Should be easy to do in Outside the Box by just posting in a few threads! Feel free to contact me if you need help :D

Would it be possible to change the error message it gives, to make it clearer instead of giving a generic error message? Or is this a XenForo limitation and it can't really be changed?

Regardless, thanks for the heads up.
Also, cute avatar, by the way. Eeveelutions are king :D
I'm not sure myself, but we'll look into it, thanks for bringing it up :)

(And thank you!)

There seems to be an error with blog titles.

What I entered as the title: "2018 - Games I've finished so far"

What the title ends up being: "2018 - Games I\'ve finished so far"

It's not a typo on my end, I've edited the title twice now (so three times total it's done it) and it changes itself back to it afterwards. It's not a huge problem, but thought I'd mention it.

There seems to be an error with blog titles.

What I entered as the title: "2018 - Games I've finished so far"

What the title ends up being: "2018 - Games I\'ve finished so far"

It's not a typo on my end, I've edited the title twice now (so three times total it's done it) and it changes itself back to it afterwards. It's not a huge problem, but thought I'd mention it.

With blogs being an add-on, there's not much we can do on this, unfortunately. :(

This is a littke nitpicky, but the new “favorite Pokemon from Generation” lists have a few typos, like Tukimenoko instead of Yukimenoko for Froslass.

Again, it’s not a big deal, but still.

This is a littke nitpicky, but the new “favorite Pokemon from Generation” lists have a few typos, like Tukimenoko instead of Yukimenoko for Froslass.

Again, it’s not a big deal, but still.
Thanks! Feel free to PM me any errors you find and I'll fix them. Sorry for the inconvenience. Very long lists haha :)

This isn’t really a report on a glitch, but i’ve noticed some user profiles were “unavailable”. Were they banned or had their account deleted or something?

This isn’t really a report on a glitch, but i’ve noticed some user profiles were “unavailable”. Were they banned or had their account deleted or something?
Most likely they've set their profile privacy so that others can't view it in their settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom