• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

greninja's tongue

Re: Do Greninja Have Two Tongues?

Their tongue just comes out of their mouth and wraps around. You can tell pretty well in this image.

greninja_in_pokemon_amie_by_voiaman-d6p01e3.jpg

I imagine that he would get a lot of mosquito bites on that tongue, considering it's basically an exposed muscle.

Are there any specific official pictures of Greninja that make they look like they have two tongues?

I imagine that they would get a lot of mosquito bites on that tongue, considering it's basically an exposed muscle.
Fixed. It would work, too. Greninjas aren't exclusively male.

First time I hear of it :p. It only has one, and with the size of it really doesn't look like it can have another.

• Staff

Oh I couldn't really tell. When I would pet mine in Amie, it looked as if it had a regular tongue inside of its mouth, in addition to the one around its neck.

Just as additional information, Bulbapedia says,

It's mouth is hidden behind a large pink tounge wraps around it's head.

So singular :-D

Its tongue is really gross, must be dirty and annoying to have to taste stuff.

Anyway it's just the one.

Their tongue just comes out of their mouth and wraps around. You can tell pretty well in this image.

greninja_in_pokemon_amie_by_voiaman-d6p01e3.jpg

So I take it that its tongue begins to seep out of its mouth towards the right, right? And then forms what wraps around its neck?

I don't know how I feel about that. One it looks uncomfortable, and two its being exposed to the natural elements, moves, and everything else. But thank you for clearing up the confusion. Either way, Greninja looks very happy ^___^

So I take it that its tongue begins to seep out of its mouth towards the right, right? And then forms what wraps around its neck?

That's what it looks like.

Oh, and for those saying it looks painful or uncomfortable, it's probably evolved in a way that makes it more durable and resistant to the normal stresses of everyday life. Although I'm not entirely sure why it would benefit from having its tongue stick out like that. Probably just a Rule of Cool design. XD

That's what it looks like.

Oh, and for those saying it looks painful or uncomfortable, it's probably evolved in a way that makes it more durable and resistant to the normal stresses of everyday life. Although I'm not entirely sure why it would benefit from having its tongue stick out like that. Probably just a Rule of Cool design. XD

The tongue is pretty sensitive (look at Greninja's reaction in Pokemon Amie by touching his tongue and comparing with other body parts), so I think it's for letting them sense their surroundings better. It's supposed to be a ninja anyways.

It pretty clearly only has the one tongue.

I like the tongue scarf design but I've always had trouble trying to think what practical purpose it could serve. Leaving your tongue exposed like that seems really risky, all someone has to do is grab it and they could choke you. It would be nice if the Pokedex entries could offer some insight, but the current ones don't.

I guess they could use it to "taste" the air and detect nearby foes that could be hidden from sight or something? idk

The tongue is probably just way too big, so it's better to have it outside its mouth.

The tongue is pretty sensitive (look at Greninja's reaction in Pokemon Amie by touching his tongue and comparing with other body parts), so I think it's for letting them sense their surroundings better. It's supposed to be a ninja anyways.
Ah, that would make sense if the tongue acts similar to cat whiskers or, as Winterdaze put it, allows it to "taste the air." This would give it a sort of sixth sense, which fits into its ninja theme nicely.
The tongue is probably just way too big, so it's better to have it outside its mouth.

Tell that to Lickitung. XD Although I guess Lickitung has a significantly larger body compared to Greninja. A large body isn't a good adaptation if you want to be fast and stealthy.

Last edited:
anyone else find it odd that it's just hangin around its neck? that's disgusting imo :202:

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom