• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

.:: HOENN MEMORIES ::. Win Event Pokemon by participating on the Hoenn Trivia

It would be finish on satruday night or sunday morning. :)

Also, thanks, I've been working hard on the pics!!! :)

WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU GOT PICS!

These are great. Keep making pics and writing the story, hell this could be the next Rival's Story!

I just added the pics yesterday!! XD

I'm workin on chapter 6. Hiro's Rival will make his first appeareance!!

A fanfiction that doubles as a gameshow? AMAZING!!! Must read more just so I can get all sorts of fabulous prizes! I mean.... I'm going to be anticipating the next chapter! Also, seeing all the things you do to make this look like it could be an actual game is quite amazing. You really put loads and loads of effort into this, and I salute you for that!

Thank you so much!!! :)

I work hard on this because I totally love Hoenn, it was the first region i really really played.

Although, i did play Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal, the one that really caught my attention, the one that really made me love Pokemon was Sapphire and eventually emerald!!

I love Hoenn!!!!

Last edited:
Chapter 6
Don’t be afraid

anim8e8fc4c9f5ef1294996.gif

The forest was pretty dark due to the tall trees that casted an eternal shadow over the ground, but even then it was still possible to see. The cries of the Pokémon were a background sound that made the already sinister area scarier and the movement on the trees and bushes was also perturbing enough that one could felt like if someone were watching.
It was certainly difficult to travel through Petalburg Woods, some trainers even got lost for days; luckily for Hiro and his friend they had a Pokenav and a Pokegear that could help them to find the exit, a task that proved to be very tricky.
The party stayed really close to each other while they were walking fast enough but at the same time carefully. Hiro and Jack constantly checked the GPS to be sure where they were going. They calculated that it would take 4 days to cross the entire forest, something that Sakura worried because from the three, she was the most scared.

“Maybe we should rest” Jack suggested “Is getting dark…” Both Sakura and Hiro looked at him with a sarcastic gaze “Well… darker I mean”

“I think Jack’s right” The twin boy said.

“Azu” Azulmarill said. While Sakura, Azu and Azulmarill sat on the grass, Hiro and Jack started to collect some logs and branches they found around them, they also took some rocks and arranged them on a circle.

“What are you doing?” She asked.

“We are trying to make a fire, all we need is your Torchic’s ember attack” Jack said while he and the other boy set the logs.

“Ok, Torchic, come on!” The girl threw her pokeball and the chick Pokémon was released “Please use ember!” The creature’s fire burned the logs and created a flame. She thought on returning her to the pokeball but then changed her mind and supposed it would be better to keep all the need she could use just in case a scary forest spirit appeared. Sakura hugged both her Pokémon.

hoennmemories0601.png

“Sorry sis, I know you’re afraid of the dark, but this was the shortest route to Rustboro. Just try to focus on the great performance you’ll be doing on your first contest” Hiro and Azulmarill smiled. Suddenly Sakura got pale; her eyes opened wide and stared directly behind her brother “What is it Sakura?” She pointed and Hiro turned to see what she saw. The first thing he noticed was a bright red eye floating right behind him. Hiro was petrified but he managed to turn to Jack. The other boy was just standing there with a curious look.

“Is…” Jack started to say.

“A ghost” Sakura screamed and hold tightly Azu and Torchic. The so called ghost got a little closer to them and was lighted by the bonfire revealing what it seems to be a small hooded masked creature in a black robe. It also had a mask that resembled the front of a skull.

“Is not a ghost; well it is, but is also a Pokémon” Jack corrected. Hiro was a little more calmed thanks to this explanation, but Sakura was still terrified. The older boy took out his Pokedex to find out about it.

pokedexduskull.png

“Duskull, the Requiem Pokémon. A glare from its single scarlet eye makes even burly grown-ups freeze in utter fear. It is a nocturnal Pokémon that roams about under the cloak of darkness.” Jack returned his gadget to his pocket.

“Sakura, there’s nothing to be afraid of, is just a Pokémon” Her brother said.

“And is kinda cute” Jack whispered, and Azulmarill laughed at his comment. Duskull got close to Sakura. It made a scary face then shouted loudly. It released waves of red energy from its mouth. The girl started running in circles and the requiem creature chased her while Hiro, Jack, Azulmarill, Azu and Torchic just watched.

“Help me!!” Sakura screamed scared and angry.

“Azulmarill, use Bublebeam” The attack hit Duskull; it turned at look at Hiro and Azulmarill. It rushed to them while a black-purple energy covered its eye. From it a beam was released and it hit the boy’s Pokémon. Azumarill resisted the attack.

“Thanks bro” Sakura said. The Pokémon turned and stared at her. It disappeared and repapered right next to her. She started running again and the ghost chased her.

“Azulmarill, use Bubblebeam one more time!” Hiro ordered. The attack again hurt Duskull, and it tried to attack the aqua rabbit but he dodged it. The Duskull once more reappeared next to the girl and the chasing started all over again. Jack laughed.

“Is not funny!” Sakura screamed “Do something!”

“Azumarill, use Ice beam!” Hiro said. A light blue ball formed in front of Azumarill’s mouth. Light blue beams were released from it and it advanced leaving a frost path until it hit Duskull. The requiem Pokémon immediately turned badly hurt and a little angry. The twin boy promptly took an Ultraball from his pocket and threw it to the creature. The device opened and the Pokémon was trapped. It moved twice before he eventually was caught. Hiro hurried and picked it up.

“Thanks Hiro” Sakura kneeled exhausted from the running. From behind some bushes the party heard a laugh; they swiftly turned to see who was it.

hoennmemories0602.png

“I was having so much fun” A blonde boy around 16 said, he had a cynic smile on his face. He was wearing white pants, a green shirt and a black leather jacket on top. He was the same boy they saw at Littleroot town when they were heading to Birch’s lab.

“Who are you?!” The twins asked.

“My name is John; I’m a Pokémon trainer, just like… Well better than you” He said and laughed again. He had a very strange accent and it was clearly to them that he was not native from Hoenn or Jhoto. Sakura, Hiro, Jack and the three Pokémon looked at him a little angry due to his attitude.

“Is there a reason why you were watching us?” Hiro asked.

“Actually… ” He got really close to him. He grabbed his chin and looked at him in the eyes “I was watching you. You caught my attention since Littleroot town. It seems you’re a very special trainer…”

“Leave him alone…” Jack serenely said. Sakura and the Pokémon took one step closer to him. The blonde teenager let go Hiro’s chin and turned. He took a few steps away from them. The twin boy was pretty disturbed.

“Why are you so angry? I just wanted to meet you in person… and battle you!” He turned and threw two Pokeballs into the air “Demeter, Ceres Adeste Fideles!”

Two Pokémon appeared in front of them; the first was green and had a dinosaur-like appearance. It had two tails and they had a leafy appearance. It also had three long leaves on its wrists and a large leaf on top of its head. Its familiar appearance made them believe it was the evolution of Treecko the starter Pokémon the blonde boy took before they reached birch’s lab.
The other one was a primarily pale-green, snake-like Pokémon. It had curled pale-green patterns on the sides of its face and snout. Its face and upper neck was white-colored, and curled. Tendril-like darker green extensions spread out from the sides of its lower neck, forming a curling pattern lower down the body, resembling a fancy collar. Curled yellow patterns adorned its body, and a sprig-like feature of several leaves tip its tail.
The twins were impressed by the look of his Pokémon, as they had something malicious on their glare. Hiro immediately took out his Pokedex to learn more about them.

pokedexgroovyle.png

“Grovyle, the Wood Gecko Pokémon. Grovyle is well known for its dexterity in the treetops, as it is often seen jumping from branch to branch. Even the fastest of Pokémon cannot catch a Grovyle in wooded areas” Hiro pointed his gadget to the other creature “Unknown Pokémon. No available data” the female robotic voice said.

“It seems you’ve never seen a creature as beautiful as my dear Demeter” The boy stroked the unidentified species “She was my first Pokémon back in Unova, my native region” He bragged like if his born place was better than theirs “So what are you waiting? Are you gonna battle?”

“Of course” Hiro said. He was a little scared because he has never been on a double battle. Even thought he saw a few at the battle tent on Verdanturf, he knew it wasn’t the same to experience one on first hand. He took one of his pokeball and threw it. Mudkip was released. Hiro look at Azumarill and they both nodded. The Aqua rabbit took a step ahead and got ready for the battle “I choose Mudkip and Azulmarill”

“It will be a double battle, 6 on 6” John said. Jack, Sakura, Azu and Torchic turned and stared at Hiro.

“I only have 5 Pokémon” Hiro stated.

“Ok then, it would be two double battles and a single one” John said informing not asking “Now let’s start! Demeter,Ceres use leaf blade!” Both Pokémon attacked. The serpent creature went to Azumarill while the other jumped from tree to tree against Mudkip.

hoennmemories0603.png

“Dodge it!” the boy ordered to both Pokémon. Azumarill was fast enough and Demeter’s tail impacted on the ground with a intimidating sound, unfortunately, Mudkip didn’t managed to evade it and the Ceres leaf blade hit him directly. “Mudkip!” Hiro screamed. The Pokémon immediately shook it and tried to put itself together “Mudkip, use Dig! Azulmarill, Ice beam now” The mudfish dug a hole and entered it. The Aqua rabbit’s attack directly hit Demeter but he endured the hit. A small portion of her body was frozen. John was a little mad for the injuries on his beloved Pokémon. Meanwhile Ceres tried to determinate where the other Pokémon exactly was.

“Demeter, Wring out!” The blonde boy said upset. The snake Pokémon hurried and constricted Azumarill. The small Pokémon screamed in agony while his trainer watched scared.

“Azuzu” Azu screamed.

“Azulmarill, ice beam!” Hiro ordered, immediately the other Pokémon let go the Aqua mouse and escaped the attack. Jhon’s Grovyle was still standing looking for Mudkip.

“Demeter, leaf storm!” The blonde boy said. The Pokémon started moving his tails in circles realizing leaves from it, the leaves then spiraled around her in a tornado-like fashion, then it pointed its tail at Azulmarill and the leaves fired at it like a cyclone, hitting it. The Aqua rabbit was badly hurt so Hiro hurried and picked him up. Sakura and Jack took the poor creature so it could rest from the battle.

“Seems your Azumarill is not strong enough” John cynically said. His Grovyle started laughing. The twin boy looked at them really angry.

“Mudkip now!” Hiro screamed. From below Ceres the blue Pokémon appeared and hit him really hard “Use mud bomb!” the creature opened its mouth and a ball of mud was fired. The attacked smacked Ceres face, covering it with filth and preventing it to look around “Finish him with Tackle!” The mudfish run towards them and strike it. The Grovyle fainted.

Bonus factum” John said and returned his Ceres to its pokeball “Now Demeter, use Wring out!” The serpent went for Mudkip!”

“Mudkip, Dig!” Hiro Screamed and the Pokémon went underground before she could attack. The other Pokémon stood still waiting for the Mudfish.

“Demeter, be prepared!” The blonde boy said. From behind her, Hiro’s Pokémon emerged “Now, use Leaf storm!” The snake attacked the small creature with the leaves cyclone. Mudkip tried to endure but the attack was too strong. It fainted.

“It seems I won the first match” John bragged. He and Hiro returned their Pokémon to their pokeballs.

“Let’s continue” Hiro said irritated. He took his Timer and Repeat balls and threw it into the air “Ralts, I choose you!” Both feeling Pokémon materialized, the strange-colored one was released with a sparkling effect.

“You’re in deed remarkable, you have a shiny Pokémon!” The teenager smiled at Hiro. Sakura was angry at his comment because it seemed John didn’t cared about her green Marill, like if only Hiro were worth of his compliments. The blonde boy took two Luxury balls and threw them “Lilith, Azazel, Quaere veru!” Two unknown Pokémon appeared in front of them. The first was a feminine Pokémon with a gothic appearance. It was black and it had what it seems to be bows on its body and head. It also had piercing blue eyes. Its Face and hands were wisteria colored. The other creature was also humanoid but its appearance was more masculine. It looked like it was wearing a red and black armor. Its feet and arms were white. It had two silver blades on its torso and a gold and silver one on its head. Hiro used his Pokedex again; he pointed it at the gothic one.

pokedexazazellilith.png

“Unknown Pokémon. No available data” Hiro then pointed to the other “Unknown Pokémon. No available data” The device informed again, He returned his Dex to his pocket.

“Use confusion” The twin boy said. Both Ralts obeyed; the female one focused and threw the black creature against the three; his male shiny Ralts tried to do the same but the attack didn’t affect the knight like Pokémon.

“You seem surprised!” John pointed “My Azazel is both Dark and Steel type. Psychic attacks don’t affect him” While he explained that, the gothic Pokémon stood up and returned to his original place. “Now, Lilith use Shadow ball! Azazel, Night Slash!” A black-purple energy ball formed in the hands of the feminine creature while the masculine one ran towards the shiny Ralts.

“Teleport!” Hiro screamed. Both of his Pokémon disappeared just in time. Azazel slashed his arm furiously and Lilith shot the energy ball but they both missed.

“Be alert!” The blonde teenager said. The two small Pokémon appeared behind them.

“Use double team and Lucky chant!” The shiny Ralts multiplied, Azazel looked confused trying to figure out who was the real one. Meanwhile, the female Ralts put together his hands and started to chant. A mysterious purple aura surrounded her.

“Lilith, use Psyco Shock!” the Pokémon shot Psychic energy to the female Ralts but it didn’t hurt her so much.

“Surprised?” Hiro asked sarcastically “Lucky Chant prevents critical hits on the user” He smiled, much to John’s dismay “Ralts confusion!” The female Ralts attacked Lilith.

hoennmemories0604.png

“Night Slash!” John ordered to his Dark-Steel type Pokémon. It rushed and hit the little female Ralts. The attack was so strong that she fainted. The Shiny Ralts lost his focus and and all the other illusions disappeared; he tried to help his friend but Lilith got in his way “Shadow Ball!” the teenager said and the gothic creature immediately hit the small blue Pokémon. He also fainted.

“Come back!” Hiro said and returned the Pokémon to their pokeball “I’m so sorry” He whispered.

“That’s not fair!” the girl yelled “The little Ralts was targeting Llilth and then Azazel was the one who attacked her".

“Actually, it is. In a double battle a Pokémon can attack any of the others, even its partner” the blonde boy established.

“He’s right, Sakura” Hiro said with his head down. The battle should end as John won the two matches but Hiro’s pride was smacked so he tried to use his newly captured Pokémon to prove he was a skilled trainer. He took the Ultraball and released the ghost “Duskull, you’re next!” The Pokémon turned and stared at Sakura. She shuddered.

“You want to continue?” John returned his Pokémon “You’re admirable” He smiled at Hiro and threw another Luxury ball “Now, Merihim, Sursum cord” a moth-like creature with an egg-shaped purple body and green wings appeared. It had yellow antennae and red stubby Legs. It was a Pokémon the twins met before. Jack didn’t know what species was it so it took his Pokedex to find out.

pokedexdustox.png

“Dustox, the Toxic Moth Pokémon. Dustox is the evolved form of Cascoon and the final form of Wurmple. Dustox is drawn toward bright light. When flapping its wings, it will scatter a poison dust.” He returned his gizmo to his pocket.

“This can’t be happening…” Sakura said so low that Jack barely heard her. Both Azulmarill and Azurill looked worried. Torchic was wondering why her trainer looked so preoccupied for her twin brother.

“What? What’s wrong?” Jack asked. He turned and looked at Hiro. His body was shaking and he was sweating profusely “What’s happening to Hiro?” He said one more time really scared.

“He’s afraid of insects…” Sakura said. John heard her and then looked at Hiro. He was terrified.

“Are you really afraid of bugs?” He then closed his eyes and returned the Pokémon to his ball. He sighed, then turned and started walking “Me paenitet, Hiro” He whispered, but no one paid attention to him. The party hurried and comforted Hiro while the blonde boy left.

hoennmemories0605.png

“Hiro are you all right?” His sister said. The twin boy fell on the ground. His Azulmarill and Duskull got close to him.

“I’m not ok… “Hiro answered “I’m a terrible trainer. I couldn’t move and I let down my Pokémon. They tried so hard but I can’t win. I lost at Petalburg, and I lost to John!”

“Stop saying that! You’re a good trainer, no matter what” Jack said.

“You are really skilled” Sakura affirmed “You already caught three Pokémon! You keep training with them and even came up with new strategies. You’re doing your best. Please Bro don’t give up!”

“She’s right. You shouldn’t listen to that Brat” Jack said. Hiro looked up.

“Thanks guys… ”The boy stood up. “But let’s just rest for now”

The party took out their tents and prepared to sleep. Hiro immediately went inside with his Duskull and Azulmarill. He returned the ghost Pokémon to its ball and hugged his Azulmarill. The twin boy heard how his sister ordered to Azu to use water gun on the bonfire. The flames extinguished.
Hiro stayed awake for a little longer; he kept repeating on his head the battle and how he lost, but the thing that really bothered him was how he reacted to the insect Pokémon. He thought that he let down his Pokémon.
Azumarill smiled at him like trying to cheer him up, he did the same. Hiro then just realized that his Pokémon wasn’t disappointed, in fact they were happy to help him and do their best, and they trusted him as much as he trusted them. Hiro knew that with hard work and patience he will become a champion.

hoenntrivia.png

bagcherishballsprite.png
What are Hiro and Sakura afraid of? - Hiro is Entomophobic [afraid of instecs] while Sakura is Nyctophobic [afraid of the dark] (3rd Place - Magnus Prime)
bagcherishballsprite.png
How many different Pokémon species Hiro owned? - 6 different species. Azurill, Marill, Azumarill, Mudkip, Ralts and Duskull. (2nd Place - NikNak3000)
bagcherishballsprite.png
What are the motif of John's Pokemon nicknames? - They are based on deities. Demeter and Ceres are Godesses while Lilith, Azazel and Merihim are Demons (1st Place - EonMaster)

Last edited:
Yay, a rival! And he uses ISSHU POKEMON! Yay!

I REALLY liked the pics. They add a new dimension to the story, and they make me feel like I'm actually watching! Great job - how do you do them?

This Hoenn Trivia is a toughie, but as I know that Demeter is the Greek god of the harvest and and Ceres is another God... I think John's Pokemon are named after gods and mythical creatures from ancient mythology...

Last edited:
Demeter God Of Harvest, Ceres Roman God Of Agriculture, Lilith Roman Demon, Azazel Goat Demon?, Merihim is the Demon Prince of pestilence.

They are based around Gods and Demons.

ok this chapter! Very nice. When did Azulmarill get Ice Beam? Im enjoying it. I hope you continue to write even after Hoenn Memories :)

Last edited:
Sorry NikNak, but EonMaster got it right! :)

EonMaster won the First place!!!

Jhon's starters nicknames are based on goddesses. Demeter is the Greek goddess of Agriculture while Ceres is the Roman Goddess of Agriculture. You could say they are the same.

Grovyle is named like that because is the same(a starter) but from another region. All his other Pokemon nicknames are based on Demons.

And if you're wondering, John's quotes are in Latin. XD

DARN! :( I said gods and mythical creatures... Not goddesses... OHNOES!

Ah well, I'll go for second place. Hiro has owned a Azurill, which evolved into a Marill, and then an Azumarill (so that's 3), he was given a Mudkip, then he caught a Duskull and a Ralts, which makes 6?

I hope I get this one right...

Yeah, I noticed the cool Latin quotes. YAY LATIN!

You're right!!

NikNak3000 won the Second Place!! :)

Don't forget to PM me about what pokemon you want.

Just one question left, I wonder who will answer?? XD

Aww, maan! I'm late! Well, I really liked the way this chapter revealed somme of their emotions! I mean, when you look into a characters deepest fears, you're just characterizing more, which is great!
Oh, and Hiro is afraid of Bugs, Sakura is afraid of the dark.

Magnus Prime won the Third Place!!

You should know that, in reality, I actually am Entomophobic (afraid of insects) specially Cockroaches!! :(

Well, I'll start with the positive. This fic is really good, of course journey fics like this one come out every second of every day, but for someone who's just starting you've really done well with your fic. I like how you introduced Isshu Pokemon but the language John speaks is either Latin or French, I can't distinguish the two, point is since Isshu was revealed as the Pokemon counterpart of America shouldn't he talk in english with italics, to make it look as if he's talking in a different lenguage than the other characters.

Now the other part, the fic is good for someone that speaks spanish, even better than when I started since I speak it too though I've never written fics in spanish, but I still think your grammar could be better.

Also, I think that Azulrill evolved way to fast, I mean he was Hiro's first Pokemon and even if the Azurill line isn't that entertaining (trust me it isn't) I still think you evolved it way too fast.

I like the shiny Ralts but I recommend you stop putting Shinies in the story for awhile so that it doesn't pass as mary-suish to other people.

The language John uses is Latin because he's kinda obsessed with Gods and Demons.

Azumarill was with Hiro since the very start, it evolved by happines when they reunite with their friends. It then evolved because he was strong enough to do that.

I'm basing this story on my real journey on the games. I found a shiny male Ralts and a Shiny Marill (that I named Azu) in Hoenn. I decided to give Sakura the shiny while i kept my first and original Azumarill called Azulmarill.

Finally, thanks for reading I hope you keep checking my fic!! :)

^^
I could imagine a plot twist where it turns out our character is living in a game hacked by an Action Replay.

You're really lucky if you encountered so many shinies then XD

I also found a shiny Roselia on emerald. Later, in Diamond, I found a shiny Uxie!!!

Obviously those won't be included. I like my shiny Roserade but is not that important to the plot; and a legendary pokemon shouldn't be capture, besides it is from Sinnoh.

^^
I could imagine a plot twist where it turns out our character is living in a game hacked by an Action Replay.

That would be so weird!! :lol:

Chapter 7
A stone's throw

anim196af2dc32fd6954012.gif

Hiro looked around the store; he was pretty excited with all the gadgets from the Devon Corporation, the largest commercial entity in the whole Hoenn region. It began as a small company several years ago, but they succeeded with all their useful products, many of them focused on Pokémon training, like specialized Pokeballs or the Poke navigator, as the one the twins has.
All of those products were on display, including new ones like the Devon scope, a gizmo that helped to identify invisible Pokémon, something that Hiro wanted but it will surely be useless for him. He sighed and continued walking with his Azulmarill. He went to the trainers section to find out what new products they released recently. He saw the new Pokenav model, it was pretty amazing, but again he knew having two would be pointless.

hoennmemories0701.png

“What did the attendant say?” Jack asked to Sakura as she and Azu returned to them. Hiro stopped watching and turned.

“He said he could fix my Pokenav and it would be ready in 4 days.” she answered.

“That’s great, sis” Hiro said, her sister smiled and then stared right behind him.

“Look at that!” The girl exclaimed and hurried to a shelf with many pokeballs on it. There were 11 different balls, only 2 of them were unknown by the twins. Jack seemed a little surprised.

“Those are the special balls we bought at Oldale. I’ve been using some of them to capture Pokémon” The twin boy said to his friend.

“But those two… I’ve never seen them” she and her brother got a little closer; they noticed they had tags with a description of them. Sakura picked a pink pokeball with beige markings “Here says: Heal Ball – Cure Pokémon upon capture” Suddenly Sakura’s eyes brighten in excitement.

“You want to buy them right?” Hiro said and her sister handed to him a blue and yellow device. He read the explanation; it was called Quick Ball and was good for capture Pokémon when used early in a battle. Hiro laughed “I guess we could buy one each. Are you going to buy one Jack?”

“Sorry, I only use Apricorn Balls… besides they are cheaper” Jack smiled. The twins rolled their eyes while Azulmarill and Azu laughed. The whole party went to the register to pay the pokeballs. When they reached it, they saw many others Pokémon products, but there were only two that really caught Hiro and Sakura’s attention.

“Sakura, look!” The twin boy said as he pointed to a bunch of silver cases “Those are for Ribbons and Badges. Take one for you and one for me” Sakura rushed.

The twins paid and put the devices on their bag packs. They were pretty happy with the things they bought. Jack stared at them as they happily exited the Devon Corp building. Sakura and Hiro practically jumped of joy along with their Aqua Pokémon.

hoennmemories0702.png

They stopped for a moment while the young boy took out his blue Pokenav and check the city map; then they headed east to the gym. As they continue they looked at all the tall structures, it was a pretty amazing sight especially for the twins as they’ve never been in an immense city. They grew used to the small houses and buildings at his home town, so they never imagined how big those edifices could be.
On their way, they passed the Pokémon school were the Contest would be held next week. Sakura could see herself already winning the competition. She looked at her green Marill and they both nodded.
Soon enough, the gym could be watched at the distant, it was a few blocks away from them. The boy and his Azumarill smiled and they started walking faster. Somehow, Jack looked a little serious. Hiro noticed the way his friend was watching them and his smile disappeared.

“What’s wrong Jack?” Hiro asked preoccupied.

“Nothing is just…” He sighed “You two seem pretty happy, despite having soon your Gym battle and Contest. I know you two have been training really hard with your Pokémon all week but don’t be so confident”

“C’mon Jack, don’t be such a spoilsport” The twin boy said and showed to him his Pokenav “Besides I’ve been researching about the Gym leader. Her name is Roxanne and she specializes in Rock-types. Did you hear me? Rock-types!! I got two Water Pokémon. I have some advantage!!” Hiro smiled.

“And I’ve been working on a perfect combo with Azu’s Watergun and Bubbles” Sakura said.

“I know all that, I’ve been watching you all these days but don’t forget you’ll be facing against other trainers and Pokémon” Jack said while they continue walking “And… sorry to brought that up Hiro, but you lost your last two battles”

“Jack” Sakura whispered.

“It’s allright. I know I’ve lost but is all in the past, I will win this challenge I can feel it!” Hiro said. They finally reached the gym, it was a huge building made with rocks. It looked pretty simple, but still was very impressive.

“Let’s go brother!” The girl yelled while she, Azu and Azulmarill ran to the door. Hiro tried to do the same but Jack held his hand.

“Please Hiro; promise me you’ll be careful” The older boy looked down “I don’t want you to get hurt like in the woods” the twin turned and looked at him.

“I… I promise” He let go Jack’s hand and they both walked to the door.

hoennmemories0703.png

They entered the gym. Inside there was a battle arena with rocks. It was pretty obvious what type they specialized even if Hiro hadn’t checked his Pokenav. They walked and looked around but no one was there. They stared at each other trying to figure out where was the leader.
They saw a door on the left; from it a girl entered. She was pretty young and beautiful; she had taupe hair and red eyes. She was wearing a small blue dress with red stockings and what it seemed a bow of the same color on her hair. She smiled at the party and walked to the other side of the Arena.
Behind her a boy came in, he was holding a green and a red flag, it was pretty obvious he was going to be the referee. He walked to the left side and stayed there.

“Hello, my name is Hiroshi and I’m from Verdanturf Town. I’m here to challenge the Gym leader” The boy said as he and his Azulmarill took a steep.

“Hello, I am Roxanne, the Rustboro Gym Leader. I became a Gym Leader so that I may apply what I learned at the Pokémon Trainer's School in battle” She winked “Would you kindly demonstrate how you battle, and with which Pokémon?”

“Of course” Hiro said.

“It will be a three on three battle. If you defeat me you’ll get the Stone Badge” The leader said “Now let’s start!”

hoennmemories0704.png

“Ok then…” He looked at Azulmarill and remembered his promise. Hiro took a Repeat ball and threw it into the air “Ralts go out!” the female Pokémon appeared.

“I thought he would use a Water Pokémon” Sakura said.

“I guess he wants to put on test his skills” Jack answered as they watched the battle start.

“A Ralts right? That’s a good choice” Roxanne took a pokeball and threw it “I choose you, Geodude!” a Pokémon appeared, it was a simple rock with arms and a face.

“Let’s find out more” the twin boy took out his pokedex.

pokedexgeodude.png

Geodude, the Rock Pokémon. Geodude has incredibly high defensive power, making it virtually resistant to any physical attacks.” Hiro returned his gadget to his pocket.

“Geodude, use Rock Throw!” The leader ordered. The rock Pokémon took boulders and threw them at the other creature.

“Teleport, now!” Hiro screamed. Ralts disappear just in time; the rocks violently hit the ground and broke in small pieces. The Feeling Pokémon appeared on the right side of the Arena.

“Awesome!” Sakura screamed and cheered her brother.

“Use confusion!” Hiro said. A blue aura surrounded the small green and white Pokémon. Geodude started shining as well. Suddenly it was thrown against a big stone. It hit pretty hard but the creature endured the attack.

“Geodude, Rock tomb!” Roxanne commanded. The Pokémon hit the ground and various boulders came out f the ground creating numerous obstacles between the two creatures. One of the rocks hit Ralts. She was thrown but she managed to recover in time and landed safely.

hoennmemories0705.png

“It didn’t hurt Ralts so much” Sakura said.

“No, but all those boulders are on her way, that would slow down her attacks” Jack commented.

“Ralts, use confusion again!” Hiro said. The small creature attacked again.

“Defense curl and then Rollout!” Roxanne yelled. The Pokémon put its arms around its body. It was thrown away by Ralts attack but it bounced against the boulders and started to roll. It gained impulse and went towards her and hit her pretty hard.

“Ralts!” Hiro screamed. The small Pokémon was badly hurt. Meanwhile the other creature kept spinning.

“Hiro now has to be careful. Every time it hit it would be more powerful” Jack said. Geodude hurried once more against Ralts.

“Teleport!” The twin boy said the Pokémon disappeared and then reappeared behind the rock creature; it turned and went for her “Use Confuse Ray!” The boy yelled. Ralts eyes glowed red and an orb was released, it hit it and suddenly Geodude changed directions. It started to erratically move and crash against the boulders.

“Geodude!” The leader screamed as her Pokémon continued to hurt itself.

“Use confusion again!” Hiro ordered. Ralts used her psychic powers one more time and threw Geodude against the wall. It fainted.

“Geodude cannot continue. The winner is Ralts” The referee said. Roxanne returned the creature to its pokeball. She took another one and released her next Pokémon. Its body was hard, angular, bluish-colored rock and its most prominent feature was its bright red, triangular nose. It also had arms and legs, but don't appear to have any joints and had small, circular holes on the undersides. Its eyes were darken and appeared to be closed.

“Nossepass, you’re next!” She said and smiled.

“That’s one ugly Pokémon” Sakura said and her Azu laughed.

“I think is cute!” Jack as always said. He took out his pokedex to find out more about it.

pokedexnosepass.png

Nosepass, the Compass Pokémon. Nosepass has a nose that functions as an electromagnet and determines location by moving its nose about.” He returned his green gizmo to his pocket.

“Nosepass, use Thunder wave!” Roxanne ordered much to Hiro’s dismay.

“What?” Hiro seemed very confused. Static electricity came out from the compass creature and hit Ralts paralyzing her “Use teleport!” He said but the feeling Pokémon couldn’t move.

“Now use Rock throw!” The leader said. The big nosed being raised it arms and various rocks started floating; it then pointed at Hiro’s Ralts and the rocks were thrown at her. The small Pokémon fainted.

“Ralts is unable to continue, the winner is Nosepass” The referee announced. Hiro returned his Pokémon. He took a pokeball and send Mudkip out.

hoennmemories0706.png

“Interesting choice!” Roxanne said “Nosepass, Rock throw!” The Pokémon summoned rocks from all over the arena.

“Quick, use dig!” Hiro commanded, the mudfish dug a hole and went inside. The leader knew that attack could do serious damage to her Pokémon so she stayed sharp.

“Be careful!” Roxanne suggested. Suddenly, Mudkip came out from below and threw Nosepass into the air.

“Watergun, now!” Hiro yelled. The blue creature attacked and the water made the rock creature hit the ceiling very hard. It then hit the floor raising dust from the ground.

“Rock throw!” the leader said but there was no response. The dirt settle and it was revealed the Pokémon has fainted “Nosepass!” she screamed.

“Nosepass cannot battle anymore, the winner is Mudkip” The referee said as the girl returned the creature to its pokeball. She took another one and released her last Pokémon. It was a giant chain of gray boulders, with a rocky spine on its head. It somehow resembled a snake.

“I choose Onix!” Roxanne said. Hiro was intimidated by its size. Sakura took his pokedex and pointed it at the creature.

pokedexonix.png

Onix, the Rock Snake Pokémon. It tunnels through the ground which shakes when it raises its thunderous roar. It can move the ground at fifty miles per hour.

“Wow!” The girl said as she put her device back.

“Azuzu!” Hiro’s Azulmarill cheered Mudkip.

“You can do this!” The twin boy said to his Pokémon.

“Onix, use Iron Tail” The leader ordered. The rock snake’s tail started glowing silver. He swung it against the small blue creature.

“Mudkip, Dig!” Hiro screamed and the Pokémon went underground. Onix’s tail crashed against the floor. Roxanne paid extra attention, but it wasn’t enough. The water type creature attacked. Despite its different sizes the attack was very effective.

hoennmemories0707.png

“Onix, constrict” The girl commanded. The big creature took Mudkip with its tail and started to crush it. The small Pokémon cried in pain.

“Use Watergun and escape underground” The boy said and the Pokémon obeyed. The water attack hurt the rock snake “Dig many holes!” Hiro added. Mudkip came out and then dug a hole and entered it again. The Onix tried to attack but it couldn’t. The mud fish continued to come out and returning underground several times. Soon the Arena was full with holes.

“What are you doing?” Roxanne asked.

“You’ll see!” The rookie trainer answered as he smiled “Use Water gun now!” From all the holes spouts of water came out, they hurt pretty bad the gigantic rock being. The Onix started stumbling. “Finish it with tackle!” Hiro ordered and his Pokémon came out and attacked. The other creature fell and fainted.

“Onix cannot continue. The winner is Mudkip!” The referee said “Hiroshi from Verdanturf is the winner!”

Hiro and his Azulmarill hurried and hugged Mudkip. Jack, Sakura and Azu ran towards them to celebrate as the leader returned her Onix and walked to them. Unexpectedly, the mud fish body started glowing. Both his trainer and Azumarill let it go. His body grew and it stood in two legs. When it stopped shinning it was shown that it evolved. Hiro immediately took his Pokedex to learn more about his new Pokémon.

pokedexmarshtomp.png

Marshtomp, the Mud Fish Pokémon. Marshtomp is the evolved form of Mudkip. It is able to move and swim more quickly through mud than through water.” He returned his gadget to his pocket.

“Congratulations! Not only you manage to defeat me, but your Pokémon also evolved, you’re a remarkable trainer” The leader said as she handed the golden badge at Hiro. It was shaped like a rectangle with two of its corners more emphasized then the others.

“Thanks!” He took the badge and smiled.

“Marsh, marsh” the Pokémon said.

“Congratulations Hiro, you were amazing!” the other boy said.

“Thank you Jack” Hiro said as he put his new badge on his new case. He returned Marshtomp to its pokeball.

The party said goodbye to Roxanne. They exited the Gym and headed to the Pokémon center to heal the creatures. They reached the building in no time. The twin boy handed his pokeball and his Azulmarill to the nurse.

hoennmemories0708.png

He then called Professor Birch with the videophone to inform him on his new victory. Hiro also told him all about the others battles he lost and the Pokémon he caught.
The twins then called their mother and informed all of their adventures and how their Pokémon evolved, they also introduced Jack to her. They talked for several minutes before hanging out.
As they waited for the nurse, Hiro took out his Case and stared at his new badge. He silently thanked his Pokémon for their hard work, and his sister and friend for their support. With this victory he was one step closer to become a champion.

hirosbadges1.png

hoenntrivia.png

bagcherishballsprite.png
What did Sakura buy at the Devon corp.? - Sakura bought a Heal Ball and a Ribbon Case (3rd Place - Flame Haze )
bagcherishballsprite.png
Where is Jack exactly from? - Jack is from Ecruteak, Jhoto.(2nd Place - Mikey Boy)
bagcherishballsprite.png
In which Pokeballs has Hiro caught his Pokemon? - Azumaril: none, Marshtomp: Pokeball, Shiny Ralts: Timer Ball, Ralts: Repeat Ball and Duskull: Ultra Ball (1st Place - Magnus Prime )

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom