• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Holiday Mafia 2016 - Endgame: Krampusnacht (Mafia and Indep Victory) 7/1/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
3. I didn't defend max because he's new, and I gave chef and dearth the same new leeway. Clearly my Max defense has been misread. I defended him because I saw him trying and if anyone else had done the same they would have gotten a pass. He had a lot of people asking him stuff and you could see him trying. That's town to me. He's not me, he's not human, he's not Zexy. He isn't someone who can fully respond yet. He's still learning, and that's the only new fact I considered is that he's still learning.
I can totally understand this situation, but I'm still keeping in mind that he is possible mafia and plays noobie on purpose.

Max his vote on WO is interesting though. I might want to reconsider my vote.

UNVOTE: Max1996

Questions:

1. Who are your current top suspects?

2. Why so set on Jd?
Having tried to catch-up with the thread, top suspects are still jd, along with Hellcrow and at this point I'm thinking Pikochu might be godfather. My gut is telling me that jd is scum and that he's been trying to sneak along in this game by never really giving strong opinions. And when he does, it seems like he unvotes not long after anyway or he flat-out says that they're for pressure. His posts have little substance to them, and even when he has questioned people it seems like very little of the answers he gets get responded to. Most of the players left in the game have a line of thinking that makes sense to me and I feel like I understand the motives behind their posts, but not jd's.

Hellcrow I literally forgot was in this game, and that's not a good sign. He's not voted once iirc and his few posts contain absolutely nothing of use that I can remember. He only comes out of hiding when he's been talked about and provides no thoughts on anyone else. The thing that makes it tough to read him though is that generally he is a quiet player regardless of alignment, but even then as town he at least has some presence in spurts. DrumBeats's theory about him being scum contacted the indep to work with him is definitely possible as well if he's being active privately rather than here.

And then Pikochu. This one is admittedly very gut-based, but there's something about his slot that feels scummy to me, and to be scum he'd have to be godfather. We have nothing to work with from LG, but Pikochu's posts are very one-track-minded. His two most substantial posts were pretty much exclusively about two players respectively; the first was all quotes of Human's, and the later post was all about DrumBeats. The former was weird because it seemed like he suspected Human from the quotes and what he said about them, but when someone mentioned Human was copchecked, he just stopped and never even acknowledged that. The DrumBeats post is even stranger because Pikochu was coming down very hard on DrumBeats borrowing a lot of the same reasons that were floating around at the time (and some of the reasons he added himself were nitpicky imo, like the roleblock thing)... yet didn't vote DB. Or anyone? Given the way this game has been going, not voting someone you suspect is not helping town.
It seems more like a setup for that line.
Which line do you mean here? Or do you mean a general setup for voting Max like he did?
------
1. jdthebud - mentioned above, heavy scum read
2. Max1996 - leaning town; not seeing what he's done that is considered so scummy when he appears to be actively trying to help out and he never outright ignores any questions. In fact, he seems to answer all of them, it's just that the answers aren't super solid. But his behavior reminds me of his play in XY&Z, just that he had Human partnered with him as a lover in that game and of course that would probably make his posts feel more confident back then. That in mind, his posts feel genuine and as though he wants to make the right decisions.
3. Elementar - leaning town; when he makes posts, they are very good and filled with content (analysis, theories, reads, you name it). Sometimes he disappears for a bit but given what we've seen from him, I feel like he and I are in the same boat of being busy and I can sympathize with that. His early game behavior was a little shaky (D1 in particular), but since then I haven't seen anything that made me scumread him.
4. Slife - absolutely no idea when the number of posts this slot has made can be counted on one hand. Hoping to see more from Slife now that he subbed in, but this is a null read
5. Pikochu - mentioned above, leaning scum
8. WolfOwl - claimed independent and has been no threat to town so far, and in fact is one of the most helpful players in trying to get answers, using pressure votes effectively, etc. Only issue is the cagey behavior with Hellcrow's claim, but given the rest of her actions this game I at least feel 95% sure she's not scum and in the end that's what's important with an indep.
10. DarthWolf13 - nullread; his posts after Cheff was modkilled have been pretty solid and he is picking up steam now when it is most important for town. There's just something about this slot that I have a weird feeling about, but I can't even pinpoint why so I might just be paranoid. Maybe it's his interactions he had with Cheff, I dunno. I'd lean town more than scum, but pretty null overall.
13. Hellcrow - mentioned above, scum read
15. HumanDawn - leaning town, could only be scum if godfather given the copcheck. His posts haven't felt like either his town or scum selves imo, but the relative lack of anything exciting happening early on may be to blame since he shines as either alignment when things get crazy. Has definitely been active though and has asked good questions and made thoughts based on those that are helpful and analytical, so leaning toward the copcheck being accurate.

VOTE: jdthebud

Reasons I've said numerous times, and I think he's been super lucky to have escaped lynches twice because I feel pretty good that he'd be flipping scum. Don't know what his claim is, but iirc someone said it was pretty neutral back last day phase and that doesn't exactly make me feel better.

Having tried to catch-up with the thread, top suspects are still jd, along with Hellcrow and at this point I'm thinking Pikochu might be godfather. My gut is telling me that jd is scum and that he's been trying to sneak along in this game by never really giving strong opinions. And when he does, it seems like he unvotes not long after anyway or he flat-out says that they're for pressure. His posts have little substance to them, and even when he has questioned people it seems like very little of the answers he gets get responded to. Most of the players left in the game have a line of thinking that makes sense to me and I feel like I understand the motives behind their posts, but not jd's.

Hellcrow I literally forgot was in this game, and that's not a good sign. He's not voted once iirc and his few posts contain absolutely nothing of use that I can remember. He only comes out of hiding when he's been talked about and provides no thoughts on anyone else. The thing that makes it tough to read him though is that generally he is a quiet player regardless of alignment, but even then as town he at least has some presence in spurts. DrumBeats's theory about him being scum contacted the indep to work with him is definitely possible as well if he's being active privately rather than here.

And then Pikochu. This one is admittedly very gut-based, but there's something about his slot that feels scummy to me, and to be scum he'd have to be godfather. We have nothing to work with from LG, but Pikochu's posts are very one-track-minded. His two most substantial posts were pretty much exclusively about two players respectively; the first was all quotes of Human's, and the later post was all about DrumBeats. The former was weird because it seemed like he suspected Human from the quotes and what he said about them, but when someone mentioned Human was copchecked, he just stopped and never even acknowledged that. The DrumBeats post is even stranger because Pikochu was coming down very hard on DrumBeats borrowing a lot of the same reasons that were floating around at the time (and some of the reasons he added himself were nitpicky imo, like the roleblock thing)... yet didn't vote DB. Or anyone? Given the way this game has been going, not voting someone you suspect is not helping town.

Which line do you mean here? Or do you mean a general setup for voting Max like he did?
------
1. jdthebud - mentioned above, heavy scum read
2. Max1996 - leaning town; not seeing what he's done that is considered so scummy when he appears to be actively trying to help out and he never outright ignores any questions. In fact, he seems to answer all of them, it's just that the answers aren't super solid. But his behavior reminds me of his play in XY&Z, just that he had Human partnered with him as a lover in that game and of course that would probably make his posts feel more confident back then. That in mind, his posts feel genuine and as though he wants to make the right decisions.
3. Elementar - leaning town; when he makes posts, they are very good and filled with content (analysis, theories, reads, you name it). Sometimes he disappears for a bit but given what we've seen from him, I feel like he and I are in the same boat of being busy and I can sympathize with that. His early game behavior was a little shaky (D1 in particular), but since then I haven't seen anything that made me scumread him.
4. Slife - absolutely no idea when the number of posts this slot has made can be counted on one hand. Hoping to see more from Slife now that he subbed in, but this is a null read
5. Pikochu - mentioned above, leaning scum
8. WolfOwl - claimed independent and has been no threat to town so far, and in fact is one of the most helpful players in trying to get answers, using pressure votes effectively, etc. Only issue is the cagey behavior with Hellcrow's claim, but given the rest of her actions this game I at least feel 95% sure she's not scum and in the end that's what's important with an indep.
10. DarthWolf13 - nullread; his posts after Cheff was modkilled have been pretty solid and he is picking up steam now when it is most important for town. There's just something about this slot that I have a weird feeling about, but I can't even pinpoint why so I might just be paranoid. Maybe it's his interactions he had with Cheff, I dunno. I'd lean town more than scum, but pretty null overall.
13. Hellcrow - mentioned above, scum read
15. HumanDawn - leaning town, could only be scum if godfather given the copcheck. His posts haven't felt like either his town or scum selves imo, but the relative lack of anything exciting happening early on may be to blame since he shines as either alignment when things get crazy. Has definitely been active though and has asked good questions and made thoughts based on those that are helpful and analytical, so leaning toward the copcheck being accurate.

Reasons I've said numerous times, and I think he's been super lucky to have escaped lynches twice because I feel pretty good that he'd be flipping scum. Don't know what his claim is, but iirc someone said it was pretty neutral back last day phase and that doesn't exactly make me feel better.
I'm going to cry if you're mafia FA ;_;

Anyways by line I meant that line about killing DB. Also Max just feels like an easy lynch and that's why I think that people are going after him, because he's easy and DB just gave reason. As you pointed out, and what I've noticed as well, he has a hard time expressing himsel, but the effort is there. That lack of ability due to still learning makes him an easy lynch. And just that whole "max would kill DB out of fear of his role" is way too strange.

I also agree with that feeling on Piko. Something feels off, however cop is still alive so it makes me wonder how if Piko is godfather, so I'm thinking the gut feeling might be off.

I also don't think jd looks town at all. He never gave a defense, the only thing that throws me off is that human says the claim is town.

@HumanDawn are you sure jds role is town and not scum possible?

@Slife you alive??

UNVOTE: Hellcrow

Again, jdthebud's role was not a claimed Town role. I'm unvoting Hellcrow because after some private chats with WolfOwl that I got and some explanation about what she meant about her passive role, I completely understood why she decided not to out Hellcrow's claim because of how harmful it can be to the Town.

Re: Pikochu being a Godfather. It's possible but I would not fret over it at the moment.

actually wait a minute i still have no claim from finalarcadia in my inbox despite her posting again what am i doing lmao

UNVOTE: jdthebud
VOTE: FinalArcadia

Vote: FinalArcadia

You were seen visiting DrumBeats last night.

Also, @Slife, I need a claim. You visited DB as well.

In that case I'd say at least one of them is Town. It seems pointless for both of them to target a player twice when one is needed to kill somebody.

@Pikochu, how can you tell who visited someone?

A power role. If Pikochu is claiming that he knows that two players visited DrumBeats then it's Watcher, which watches somebody during the Night Phase to see who else targeted the player that is being watched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom