• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How do you like your potatoes?

What is your favorite way potatoes are cooked/ potato focused dish?

• Total voters
I like fries and not much else...I guess chips and tater tots are good too. I have a lot of texture issues and potatoes are one of the foods that set them off the most. I only like mashed potatoes if they're incredibly smooth; I will literally feel nauseated if there's even a hint of chunks in there. Boiled/baked/roasted/literally all other kinds of potatoes are all sensory nightmares and I refuse to eat them.

I like chips, but only when they're done right. Crinkle cut are pretty decent but nothing beats a good thick-cut oven chip.

Crisps are almost always good, but they need a good flavour (which is practically anything that isn't prawn cocktail or worcestershire sauce).

Hash browns are hit or miss for me tbh, too thick and they don't hit right. McDonald's does them at the perfect thickness imo.

Mash is my S tier pick tbh. Smooth feels like a crime, but the chunks can't be too thick. Perfect consistency and some onion gravy on top and it's just heaven.

Jackets (or "baked potatoes" as other places seem to call them) are meh for me. I've only ever had them served as the meal and they leave a lot to be desired. Potato should be the side, not the main imo

Potatoes are the best and I eat potato products a lot! They say you are what you eat. I guess that explains why I look like a potato.

I'm afraid I trend toward the junkier potato foods like french fries and chips. French fries are one of my favorite things ever. I love them! Sometimes I'll eat baked potatoes.

I truly do my Irish ancestors proud I guess, because I like pretty much every variation of the potato. Boiled or baked, hash browns or tater tots, french fries, you name it. I think one of the only variations I haven't tried yet are sweet potatoes. I've gotta try them one of these days.

I love crispy French fries, especially the ones from McDonald's. NOM NOM. I'm also a fan of sweet potato fries and curly fries. They taste great with ketchup.

I'd give potato chips a close second. My favorite brand is probably Lay's Classic, they just taste so fresh. Also, I think baked potatoes are okay, but they're too plain without any butter.

Pretty like potatoes in most forms. The only form of potatoes that I don't really enjoy are the sweet varieties.

I truly do my Irish ancestors proud I guess, because I like pretty much every variation of the potato. Boiled or baked, hash browns or tater tots, french fries, you name it. I think one of the only variations I haven't tried yet are sweet potatoes. I've gotta try them one of these days.
Are we related or something?
No seriously, I am also part Irish and we both like dragons, and potatoes!

I have had every form of potato in existence, my favorites being mashed, fried, and Au Gratin. When my family would get together for holiday meals, it was normally my job to peel the potatoes for them to be mashed.

Back
Top Bottom