• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How will Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon effect the anime?

Ash will beat all the Kakuna's then beat the new Drake to win the trophy. Throw away season.

Why call it a throw away season when it's going to be a brand new series rather than an arc like the Orange Islands was? People making this kind of assumption or dismissal of Alola in the anime does kind of bother me.

Nothing says that there can't be a final tournament in the anime's version of the island challenge. Or even in the games, for that matter.

And the Kahunas aren't the only battle challenge during the journey itself. The Totem Pokemon are supposed to be strong, and it will be interesting to see their unusual tactics.

I now want Ash to have the Fire/Dragon. It would be an amazing Fire type pokemon for him.

Stufful is indeed adorable and I could see someone catching it. Maybe the new female lead or something since I could see it being held around in someone's arms frequently.

After how the last two series have handled Dragon types in the main cast, I kind of hope that no one ends up with a Dragon Pokemon in the next series. Axew, Dragonite, Goodra and Noviern have all been annoying and frustrating for me in different ways. I'm even starting to question how much I like Mega Charizard X now due to how much I do not care about Alain and the overexposure it has had in general, so maybe no one ending up with a Dragon Pokemon for awhile would be good.

Why call it a throw away season when it's going to be a brand new series rather than an arc like the Orange Islands was? People making this kind of assumption or dismissal of Alola in the anime does kind of bother me.

I think if there was more to it they have shown it already. It seems like a long Orange Islands. I'd love if there was some sort of serious league competition but I doubt it.

Maybe the new female lead or something since I could see it being held around in someone's arms frequently.
The Only Problem with that is that Stufful Doesn't like to be Touched, so I'd Doubt they'd allow ANYONE to hold it.
P.S. I know that Not all Stufful are the Same nor might they act all the same, and that the Anime Depiction of Pokemon DON'T always Match their Pokedex entries, or their In-game Lore, or their In-game depictions, But that's besides the Point; Whatever the Case may be, We'll literally just have to wait and see.

I think if there was more to it they have shown it already. It seems like a long Orange Islands. I'd love if there was some sort of serious league competition but I doubt it.

I'm not saying that there's more to the Alola region in terms of the number of islands. I'm just saying that calling it akin to the Orange Islands and labeling it as a throw away season when it's a new region full of a new Pokemon seems oddly dismissive and it does annoy me seeing that kind of attitude towards Alola when neither the games are out or there are any signs of an anime version of the region.

The Only Problem with that is that Stufful Doesn't like to be Touched, so I'd Doubt they'd allow ANYONE to hold it.
P.S. I know that Not all Stufful are the Same nor might they act all the same, and that the Anime Depiction of Pokemon DON'T always Match their Pokedex entries, or their In-game Lore, or their In-game depictions, But that's besides the Point; Whatever the Case may be, We'll literally just have to wait and see.

They can easily go against the Pokedex entries, as they have done with plenty of Pokemon, and I was just imagining how cute a Stuffful would look being held anyway.

I'm not saying that there's more to the Alola region in terms of the number of islands. I'm just saying that calling it akin to the Orange Islands and labeling it as a throw away season when it's a new region full of a new Pokemon seems oddly dismissive and it does annoy me seeing that kind of attitude towards Alola when neither the games are out or there are any signs of an anime version of the region.

They can easily go against the Pokedex entries, as they have done with plenty of Pokemon, and I was just imagining how cute a Stuffful would look being held anyway.
OK.

I might be reaching here, but I think in the lead up to Alola, the incentive to go there or perhaps the mini Alola Arc in Kalos much like Alexa in Unova will involve Satoshi getting a Z-Ring and an Electric Z-Crystal for Pikachu. I dunno if anyone has noted this yet, but remember the theme lyric involving 1 Million Volts? That was the last move/ability lyric in a string of lyrics that also involved protean for Greninja. A lot of people thought it was superfluous, but what if that line was actually a shoutout to one of the final episodes involving Pikachu using Gigavolt Strike?

what if the trials are only a name change of the gyms? or what if we get a seperate gyms and league ?
We dont know everythig . Maybe they will do only more then regular 8 gyms to make us want to fight more.

I've been wondering if they'll really formally cover the Totems in the show, it doesn't seem quite right for the feel of the show to have Ash go out and hunt down wild Pokemon to fight like that.

Been awhile since I've been here...

Anyways, I'd like to see Ash take a back seat and let the new playable girl character star in the Sun and Moon series. Have Ash and that Mallow chick work as mentors to the main girl. That way the writers can still have Pikachu to market lol .

I've been wondering if they'll really formally cover the Totems in the show, it doesn't seem quite right for the feel of the show to have Ash go out and hunt down wild Pokemon to fight like that.
They aren't your standard wild Pokemon. They seem to be overlords of sorts; they may sense any island challenger near them.

BW gave us a taste of this with extremely angry wild Pokemon going after the gang.

When I hear the word Totem I think more of a protector Pokemon, not an angry Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom