• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How'd you choose your first game?

You chose your first game because of that version's...

• Color

Votes: 30 19.5%
  • Mascot

Votes: 30 19.5%
  • Catchable Pokémon

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • Other

Votes: 82 53.2%

• Total voters
My Parents gave me Blue one time for Christmas. But the reason I got the game was because a friend of mine had pokemon. We became real life pokemon rivals then.

I remember seeing Red Version and Blue Version, at a local Toys-R-Us. I told my parents that I wanted one for my birthday; they ended up buying Blue.

My first game was Pokemon stadium, so it wasn't really a choice, per se.
But my mom just came home with a Pokemon Blue cartridge, so I just started playing.
Now I choose by mascot, and I always luck out because it always has the Pokemon that I would prefer anyways.

b lue because it is my favorite color, but I didn't buy it, I probably got it for a birthday

Red and Blue were announced. My brother liked Blue, I liked Red. What's funny, is that I chose Squirtle and he chose Charmander.

Simples.

Last edited:
I remember going to the electronics shop with my mom, I wanted a new GBA game , so I saw the Pokémon FireRed version and thought "I play the TCG, why not give the games a try?" and so I started my Pokémon journey. THEN I realized that the game isn't original, it's a bootleg copy! But that didn't matter cuz 75% of the shops in Lebanon sell those, I mean you can get a X360 game for 4$, LITERALLY 4$! then I always got both second and third version from the US. Now I ordered all the GBA games from amazon to catch up on what I missed.

I started with Red version because it was my favourite colour, although I prefered my Blastoise to a Charizard.

-begins to reminisce-

It was my little sister's last christmas before my parents decided to tell her Santa [SPOLIER]WASN'T REAL!!![/SPOILER] so the lucky devil got a Gameboy Yellow, Gameboy Camera, Gameboy Printer, Super Mario 1, 2, Tetris and POKEMON BLUE!!!

What did i get? I dunno, coal i guess.

After a few gyms she got bored of it and I ninjaed it and became a poke-addict.

Seriously, I can't remember what I got that christmas o.o

I told my dad to buy me a Pokemon game.
He bought me red :3

It worked because my best friend at the time had Blue.

It was a match made in heaven.

My nephew and I wanted to play the games when they first came out, so we did. He got Red and I got Blue. Not sure why we picked that way, we just did.

My parents brought me a game boy colour and a copy of Blue for Christmas with my brother getting Red.

I wanted Yellow because my bestie telling me about and showing me hers. I had not known any other version existed until after I had gotten addicted to my Yellow. I probably would have chosen Yellow even if I did though to match my bestie and have pikachu following me.

I thought everyone would choose Red, and I wanted to have different Pokémon to them. Someone stole my Blue cartridge on a school trip... oh well, at least I got Yellow later, definitely one of my top 3 games.

I don't think I chose. If I remember right, my 1st was crystal from my brother's friend. If not, it was silver or yellow, but either way, I didn't choose. now, I choose my favorite color: Soul Silver, (1st gen remakes, I've had both), sapphire, diamond (better than pink pearls :p ), and black

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom