• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ010: With Nemo and Colza

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Nemona appear then, Paldea Pokemon League might occur as well. Alongside with the possibility of Geeta making appearance.

Last edited:
If Nemona appear then, Galar Pokemon League might occur as well. Alongside with the possibility of Geeta making appearance.
I guess you mean Paldea Pokemon League, right?

Honestly, when Leon appeared in Journeys, people were saying the Galar League could happen, but it didn't.

So, I really doubt Nemona means the Paldea Pokemon League will happen.

I guess you mean Paldea Pokemon League, right?

Honestly, when Leon appeared in Journeys, people were saying the Galar League could happen, but it didn't.

So, I really doubt Nemona means the Paldea Pokemon League will happen.
My bad for that correction is Paldea. Also gotta agreed with you. Only time will find out if there is ever Paldea Pokemon League occur. If so, Liko might go straight for her first lost in her train wrecking streak. Because, the studio don't want to give her the W.

My bad for that correction is Paldea. Also gotta agreed with you. Only time will find out if there is ever Paldea Pokemon League occur. If so, Liko might go straight for her first lost in her train wrecking streak. Because, the studio don't want to give her the W.
Huh?

If Nemona appear then, Paldea Pokemon League might occur as well. Alongside with the possibility of Geeta making appearance.

Ah heck, I'd just be happy seeing Paldean characters appear! Especially after how Journeys screwed over almost everyone from Galar...

Arceus knows Paldea's ALREADY gotten more love than Galar often got.

I think that's missing the point when we're talking about the female leads. Not to mention most of these trainers would still have Pokemon that are considered traditionally cute. Even when Iris was the main female lead of BW, she still had Axew and Emolga.
At least Misty, May, Dawn, and Iris got to even own Pokemon that weren't considered stereotypically cute and feminine, such as Dawn's Mamoswine or Iris's Excadrill. In addition the four of them also battled quite frequently. Something happened in XY that made it so the female characters were written more stereotypically girly than before.

At least Misty, May, Dawn, and Iris got to even own Pokemon that weren't considered stereotypically cute and feminine, such as Dawn's Mamoswine or Iris's Excadrill. In addition the four of them also battled quite frequently. Something happened in XY that made it so the female characters were written more stereotypically girly than before.
To be fair to XY, I hesitate to classify Pancham as Stereotypically cute and feminine.

I wouldn't really say that Misty or Iris battled frequently. They both technically had battle active goals with being a Water Pokemon Master and Dragon Master respectively, but they really didn't battle that often in their respective series. They both spent more time talking about their goals than actually being proactive with reaching them, especially Misty. They still had battles, but it was much less frequent compared to May and Dawn. That was a big reason why May stood out at the time when she got to battle more consistently than Misty ever did in the original series.

The female characters having mostly traditionally cute/feminine Pokemon or being more stereotypically girly isn't exactly the issue. The bulk of most female characters' teams have always been full of traditionally cute/feminine Pokemon. Outside of Mamoswine, all of Dawn's Pokemon are traditionally cute, but that didn't make them weak and most of them had fleshed out/memorable personalities. Being more feminine or girly isn't a bad thing either. Serena being more feminine didn't make her a bad character or undermine her personal development over the course of XY. The issue for me is that they haven't been interested in making female lead characters more battle active in a long time. Being more feminine or girly doesn't mean that they can't still be into battles too. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Wow, this is a really nice surprise! I knew Nemona had potential to appear but I expected the explorers to take her role for a while, but apparently not! I hope they get her, ahem, peculiar personality from the games right, since it wasn't that evident in the prerelease material. If the writers want to follow Tomioka's style she'll have Floragato as her main Pokemon for sure, but if not it'll be hard to guess. My top 3 picks would be 1. Pawmo 2. Dudunsparce 3. Sligoo.

Brassius has a "Real art is angsty" personality that could be very funny too. I think they'll keep its ace as Sudowoodo as it looks like a statue, is easy to animate and could present teracrystalization's effects.

Last edited:
A dream come true would be seeing Nemona this early with a Floragato. My favorite Gen IX Pokemon. I'm so excited to see it in action and see them utilize the yo-yo in battle. I kinda she has Pawmo and the Smoliv line appears under Brassius as well. I have hope since this series is already off to a good start showcasing Gen IX Pokemon.

I kinda hope against that, one because this feels a lot earlier than they usually show off starter evolutions and two because there's a trend with only a few exceptions where if another character has an evolved starter the main characters version of the starter doesn't get to evolve.

If Liko doesn't do the gym challenge after this episode then they are just being cruel lol.

I don't care about Nemona but if Arven and Professor Sada shows up later then I'm happy.

I think Penny could have some interesting interactions with Liko since she is kind of an extreme introvert which is something Liko can relate to. If Liko doesn't do the gym challenge I could accept the Team Star route as an alternative just because she is so similar to Penny.

If Liko doesn't do the gym challenge after this episode then they are just being cruel lol.

I don't care about Nemona but if Arven and Professor Sada shows up later then I'm happy.

I think Penny could have some interesting interactions with Liko since she is kind of an extreme introvert which is something Liko can relate to. If Liko doesn't do the gym challenge I could accept the Team Star route as an alternative just because she is so similar to Penny.
If it occur. Then, prepare for Liko to lost in Pokemon league possibility since that is the studio method of excuses for character being every series of protagonist like Ash been through. As for Team Star, I would love Liko takes on them in a near future not far away from upcoming months. Also, agree with you that Gym Challenge might be out of the question, unless..

If it occur. Then, prepare for Liko to lost in Pokemon league possibility since that is the studio method of excuses for character being every series of protagonist like Ash been through. As for Team Star, I would love Liko takes on them in a near future not far away from upcoming months. Also, agree with you that Gym Challenge might be out of the question, unless..
I think it’s fine if she loses once and the. Next series, almost makes it, and the finally makes it. It’s not a good idea to stall a victory for too long or else it’ll just get dry like it did with Ash.

And also, if she loses at the league, then it should be a loss worth watching instead of having some super amazing new and random character defeating her.

But anyways, this might not even matter as Liko might not even touch the Pokémon league.

While I agree there can be interesting interactions, Liko isn’t really an introvert but rather one who is more shy and reserved, with a habit of overthinking things. Go on the other hand was more of a solid example of an introvert to the point that it showed in full when he was taken out if his comfort zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom