• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I Am Looking For New Writers To Volunteer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoshadowwolf

Reaction score
It's been a while since I joined this site so it might be about time I do this. I go by a few aliases but I am commonly known as "Shadowwolf" to my friends, not to be confused with many other Shadowwolves on the net (nyeh, copycats...) I've been working on a big writing project for over two years and I am in need of new readers and writers for it. If you haven't known it, it is a collaborative Pokémon fanfic story called "Stray". Basically, it works very similarly to an RP but progresses very much like a real novel. It has several parallel storylines going on (written by different authors starring different characters) all in the same setting, and sometimes the characters of these storylines interact with each other for a unique and realistic way of writing various scenes.

Preview Topic of Chapter 1:
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/stray-102787/

Main Page

I apologize for the off-site link but "Stray" has been worked on from another site for a while and it's becoming expansive enough to warrant its own website for having all notes organized cleanly. I really don't like it when someone comes and says that I should host it on their site rather than letting it be independent or else they won't support the project, so I hope you understand where I am going with this. It's really a small site so please if you can, show your support and help us out. I've been to sites like these before but on one occasion, one of them refused to support the project and downright turned it down just for having a link in it and not even giving me the opportunity to edit it, which I feel is a total waste.

Only a small part of "Stray" was posted in Bulbagarden as well as other sites such as fanfiction.net, writing.com and DeviantArt. It is mainly hosted on its own website but I simply need to spread the word on it on some major sites. However, I've been having some real difficulties in finding audiences and some fresh blood to help continue it... and trust me, this project has a really high potential of making it big. Do some reading and you will see why. I am looking for some new and dedicated people to help bring it back to life. In the meantime, please make a post here if you are interested in participating. If you have any questions, go ahead and ask.

What is the plot like? This is a pretty different Pokémon story. Much like the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games, all of the characters are Pokémon so there won't be the typical regional journeys and collecting badges sort of ordeal. There will be quite a few human references though, since it's essential to the story's setting. Most Pokémon in this story receive their own names to distinguish one another. And unlike the Mystery Dungeon games, the plot revolves around a war between Pokémon of a grand scale. Content isn't really held back either: there is gore, there can be some mutilations, some harsh language... it's a dark fantasy world where death is common with violence and corruption barely keeping it alive. It's an epic tale of Pokémon working together to overcome these powerful forces and allow the world to live another day, to delay its destruction and endure the harshest trials out there...

Here's a summary straight from DeviantArt by the way:

It takes place in a later future in which humans have been extinguished from a Pokémon-dominated land. In recent years, the Shadow Pokémon have appeared out of nowhere and have been running rampant across this forbidden world... mindlessly killing whatever lies in their path. Their populations seems to grow and spread like a virus... and no one can stop it. As concerns over this evil force rise, an old kingdom of dragon Pokémon (known as the Blackclaw Dragoons) takes initiative and declares war against surrounding Pokémon colonies... in pursuit of a dream for world dominance (to prove that dragons are the superior species, as chosen by the deities themselves). In response to this large conflict, various Pokémon villages have created an alliance in means to protect their lives: the Peacekeepers. Serving as somewhat of a salvation army, the Peacekeepers protect villages from attack and provide aid to the homeless. Bound to the pressures of war, civil unrest and political corruption weakens the alliance and soon more villages burn to the ground... greed settles in place of morality... bound to repeat the same mistakes made by humans...

The main characters? A nomad Absol wanders the lands alone in search of a role in the world, believing it to be slaying a powerful figure known as Shadow Alakazam; who is "apparently" leading the Shadows. An Abra, selected by his village Elder as the "Chosen" to end the war, journeys with his master into a descending path of madness. An Eevee searches for means to gain the power of ice, as a step into fulfilling a personal wish. A Dragonair, having deserted the Blackclaw Dragoons, aims to be the most powerful Pokémon in the world through selfish dominance. A Pidgey was separated from her family in a land of humans and finds herself in a strange land surrounded by vicious and bloodthirsty monsters, now searching for purpose and companionship. A Cyndaquil hails from a distant past and nonchalantly approaches a dark future, swearing under his breath to find the one responsible for making his life miserable. There are many more characters and each has a unique personality and storyline following... eventually having the character cross paths and react into different situations. Basically, each story submitted is each part of a parallel storyline... depending on whose point-of-view it's from.

This is not an open sort of roleplay by the way. I'm seeking mainly writers who at least have decent talent in making a comprehensible and flowing story and can take constructive criticism.

Last edited:
I myself as an author probably wouldn't be interested, but it's not because it isn't a really intriguing idea because it is. I just like to have all the creative control when I write something and usually don't operate well when I'm writing with or for someone else. I also am not a fan of writing from a Pokemon's POV. But again, that's all just me.

From a reader's perspective however, I am very intrigued by your concept here and by the obviously huge amount of time and thought you have given your project. Your website and other background info is very interesting and I'll be really anxious to follow this.

Good luck!

That's fine but I find it appalling that I could not find one person here interested in the project. It was actually pretty easy before but I wasn't sure what was different that time. Am I missing something?

I'd rather you take this to the blogs. This topic is little else but an advertisement.

If you want the staff to support this idea, please consider having your group of writers join and contribute here. If needed be, we'll adjust the available Workshop space to fit your story, and could even convince the higher staff to help in some other way through the site. It also has the plus of not needing an external hosting space.

hmm... I am interested in this, I am not too sure how you would like my writing ability, but for a sample of my work, see: Phoenix Wright: Prosecution of A turnabout Chapter 17, a phoenix wright: ace attorney fanfic - FanFiction.Net
I'll take a quick look once I get a few things sorted out.

I'd rather you take this to the blogs. This topic is little else but an advertisement.

If you want the staff to support this idea, please consider having your group of writers join and contribute here. If needed be, we'll adjust the available Workshop space to fit your story, and could even convince the higher staff to help in some other way through the site. It also has the plus of not needing an external hosting space.
Thanks for the offer but there is a reason why I don't want to do this. We originally started this on another community and because of sticking to one community, it's easier to manage at the time. Some of the writers are still part of that said community and trying to convince them to be active in another one right now is simply un-doable. I can't just force them to leave. They can get picky plus quite a few of them live in different time zones from the ones in the United States. I have some Europeans and even Australians writing and it's hard enough to stay in contact with them. You know what I mean, right?

I did try this as a blog and got no luck from it at all, not even so much as a little reply. I thought it would've been better to give it a try in a specific type of forum, where a specific sub-community group resides.

Advertising without posting your story is forbidden.

Also, when a staff member tells you to do something, it is generally a good idea to listen to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom