• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas for creating completely cheap teams.

Hellpest

Spoon.
Reaction score
Basically, I'm try to create the cheesiest teams possible, so I can force my friends to watch as their entire team falls to the hands of a single pokémon, as I stand there laughing.

My last attempt was a Drifloon with Minimise, Stockpile, Baton Pass, and Recycle. It would pass the increased evasion and defence to my Mega Venusaur, with Leech Seed, Sludge Bomb, Synthesis, and Giga Drain. Recycle was there so I could reuse a mental herb, so I wouldn't get shut down by taunt.
Unfortunately I overestimated the tankiness of Drifloon, and it didn't survive long enough to get itself set up.

My next attempt is a Bastiodon with Iron Defence, Taunt, Rest, and Toxic.

Do you have any more ideas for me to try?

Well, if you're after trolly tactics, then I say look no further then SwagPlay Klefki (a.k.a. a Klefki with Swagger, Thunder Wave, Foul Play and some other move, most likely Substiute) and Paraflinch Togikiss (a Serene Grace Togikiss with Air Slash and either Thunder Wave, Roost and Flamethrower, or one with a Choice Scarf, Air Slash and three other coverage moves). Though there is also a little gimmick set that I've come up with that will probably turn out to be s***, but may be worth it if you want to annoy people: a Rivalry Haxorus with Attract, Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw and Earthquake.

Oh, and what format do you usually battle in, because if you battle n Doubles, Tripples, etc, you can do a lot of things that you can't do in Singles, some of which may or may not be annoying.

Well, if you're after trolly tactics, then I say look no further then SwagPlay Klefki (a.k.a. a Klefki with Swagger, Thunder Wave, Foul Play and some other move, most likely Substiute) and Paraflinch Togikiss (a Serene Grace Togikiss with Air Slash and either Thunder Wave, Roost and Flamethrower, or one with a Choice Scarf, Air Slash and three other coverage moves). Though there is also a little gimmick set that I've come up with that will probably turn out to be s***, but may be worth it if you want to annoy people: a Rivalry Haxorus with Attract, Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw and Earthquake.

Oh, and what format do you usually battle in, because if you battle n Doubles, Tripples, etc, you can do a lot of things that you can't do in Singles, some of which may or may not be annoying.

I usually battle in singles, but my friends often do double battles, so I'm not closed off to doubles ideas.

I'll look into the serene grace + flinching combo, thanks for the suggestion.

I've also been playing around with a contrary Shuckle with shell smash, infestation, wrap, and rest. It works pretty well, but it suffers if it comes up against a water or steel type, or sweeper before it gets set up.

I've also been playing around with a contrary Shuckle with shell smash, infestation, wrap, and rest. It works pretty well, but it suffers if it comes up against a water or steel type, or sweeper before it gets set up.
Paired with a psych up Tangrowth in doubles, it works very well, especially with the previously mentioned Drifblim and a trick room Bronzing to boost them forwards.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom