• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If You Could Add One New or Previous Feature to SV What Would It Be?

MrMeowPuss

Reaction score
Now the game is out, what feature do you wish that you could just add in to make it that much more enjoyable for you?

For me it’s a very tough choice with stealth catching from PLA being one feature that I really enjoyed and made catching Pokémon so much more fun. Wild Pokémon being able to attack you really added some realism as well and it’s something I miss.

In saying that, both those features are just missing out to level scaling which would add so much to the game for me. I am finding myself having to constantly swap teams as it’s really easy to over level, even if you don’t do auto battles.

Being able to catch pokemon without battling them like in PLA would've made this the best game; the fact we can auto-battle to take out high-level pokemon without a problem but can't catch them without a fight is irksome
Yeah it does really feel like a downgrade without being able to do that!

Level scaling, level scaling, level scaling. Having fixed levels really undermines the open world exploration, there needs to be some kind of dynamic level adjustment system to really do the quests in any order or else the level serves as a soft roadblock. You don't really have the type of player freedom they're promoting without it.

Level scaling, level scaling, level scaling. Having fixed levels really undermines the open world exploration, there needs to be some kind of dynamic level adjustment system to really do the quests in any order or else the level serves as a soft roadblock. You don't really have the type of player freedom they're promoting without it.
100% agree. I got 4 different teams I’m swapping between now and still struggling with being over leveled. I also find that the fact that I’m getting over leveled has limited how I play as I’m reluctant to explore as I know it will get even worse.

100% agree. I got 4 different teams I’m swapping between now and still struggling with being over leveled. I also find that the fact that I’m getting over leveled has limited how I play as I’m reluctant to explore as I know it will get even worse.
How much are you battling?

A Battle Tower. That’s it, that’s the thing I need; I want something challenging and engaging to do with my teams after beating content that is one-time-only per file. The next on the list would be the already-mentioned level scaling. I think the former would be better for me long-term, but both would be excellent additions and together would make this game very compelling.

Wait, there's genuinely no Battle Tower of any kind? If true, they did it. They finally removed it. Honestly, after the Battle Frontier bit the dust i was waiting for the Battle Tower to get the same fate.

Over leveled? I'm having more issues with being underleveled. Granted I'm skipping most of the trainer battles until I have to grind, but that's not the issue, the issue is that you could wander into a quest that's 20-30some levels higher than your current level and get steamrolled. And even if you tried to grind up to that level to make it easier, whoops, obedience caps are still in the game and your Pokemon won't obey you until you beat a certain amount of gyms to raise your obedience level. It all just works against the open world design. What good is completing quests in any order if there's only one order that results in fighting Pokemon at an appropriate level for where you are in the game? That's what you need level scaling for. If I want to go to the other side of the region and fight the gym leader there, their Pokemon should be Lv. 15, not Lv. 50.

Over leveled? I'm having more issues with being underleveled. Granted I'm skipping most of the trainer battles until I have to grind, but that's not the issue, the issue is that you could wander into a quest that's 20-30some levels higher than your current level and get steamrolled. And even if you tried to grind up to that level to make it easier, whoops, obedience caps are still in the game and your Pokemon won't obey you until you beat a certain amount of gyms to raise your obedience level. It all just works against the open world design. What good is completing quests in any order if there's only one order that results in fighting Pokemon at an appropriate level for where you are in the game? That's what you need level scaling for. If I want to go to the other side of the region and fight the gym leader there, their Pokemon should be Lv. 15, not Lv. 50.
The obedience thing only applies to when you catch it. Let's say your current cap is 25, and you catch a level 19 Pokémon. If you level it up to 26, it will still obey you. If you catch a level 30 Pokémon, it won't obey you unless you get more Gym Badges. At least, I think that's how it works.

How much are you battling?
Only the odd trainer I see off the path, not doing auto battles at all but I’m catching a ton of Pokémon, already over 100 different species.

Oh I have the oppposite issue, I’m always over leveled for everything they really do need to make it like a more traditional RPG that you need to accept the quest when you arrive and it advises you of the required level etc!

But I do agree Level scaling would be great for those who are under leveled too. I usually prefer to be a few levels under the gym leader/trainers so it’s annoying always being over for me.

The obedience thing only applies to when you catch it. Let's say your current cap is 25, and you catch a level 19 Pokémon. If you level it up to 26, it will still obey you. If you catch a level 30 Pokémon, it won't obey you unless you get more Gym Badges. At least, I think that's how it works.

Huh. Yeah, I wandered into a higher leveled area and caught a Lv. 22 Finizen before I had any badges and it wouldn't obey which really disappointed to me. I was so excited when I found it, I've always wanted to see a dolphin Pokemon and the game was basically telling me I wasn't allowed to use it yet. But regardless, that still goes against the design philosophy of an open world. If you want to wander into an area further off the beaten path and find a Pokemon you like the game shouldn't be discouraging you from using it until you've made progress in a quest that's supposed to be optional/"free" to do in any order you want. Just let you find whatever Pokemon you want when you want and scale the levels appropriately.

Last edited:
Apart from what's been said here, I really am disappointed that physical move doesn't make any contact like in Legends Arceus. That's high in my list about what I love about the game (as sad as it sounds). I know it'd probably be back in gen 10 or whatever the new game is, but still disappointing nonetheless.

Apart from what's been said here, I really am disappointed that physical move doesn't make any contact like in Legends Arceus. That's high in my list about what I love about the game (as sad as it sounds). I know it'd probably be back in gen 10 or whatever the new game is, but still disappointing nonetheless.
There’s a few small details like this they left it. I may be imagining it but I could have sworn in PLA when a Pokémon fell asleep, their eyes would close but that isn’t the case in SV.

Shiny sound effect like Legends Arceus has. I don't get why they could put that in LA, but not in these games. It's kind of a minor thing, but I still don't get it. For something more major, I'd bring back Mega evolution or the seals from Sinnoh. I really liked making cool entrances for my Pokemon!

There’s a few small details like this they left it. I may be imagining it but I could have sworn in PLA when a Pokémon fell asleep, their eyes would close but that isn’t the case in SV.
Really? Had to watch sleeping Pokémon more closely then. But as battling is now becoming a big part of the game again, I feel like the lack of the battle animations is quite a big step back. It's a bigger detail than overworld animations imho.

Really? Had to watch sleeping Pokémon more closely then. But as battling is now becoming a big part of the game again, I feel like the lack of the battle animations is quite a big step back. It's a bigger detail than overworld animations imho.
Yeah I need to play Legends again to make sure but I know from all the Pokemon I’ve put to sleep in SV they haven’t closed their eyes. I feel like PLA wasn’t really loved when it first came out but now we got SV a lot of people are realizing how damn good it was!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom