• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Japan Likes Hikari......

Matsuri is the only Ichigo Mashimaro character in that list. That surprised me as Miu and Ana are more popular.

But yeah, yay for Hikari being in that list. Her MOE power is over 9000!

And Suiseiseki (Rozen Maiden) manages to beat Junk, Shinku AND even teh Rei. Desu is an outstanding force.

Finally, I'm quite pleased with Lelouch getting first place over those Gundam weenies. He's one of the few bishies that I can stand.

I'm upset that no School Rumble characters appeared on that list. Tsukamoto Tenma or Harima Kenji should've made that list. They are better than some characters on that list IMO.

I'm upset that no School Rumble characters appeared on that list. Tsukamoto Tenma or Harima Kenji should've made that list. They are better than some characters on that list IMO.
You didn't see the character?

You didn't see the character?

Apparently I didn't...the first time anyway (blame the tiredness among other things). Eri Sawachika is at number 84 and Yakumo Tsukamoto is a tie at number 77...that shows the decency in the series.

Hikari made it in. awesome. But I can't help but think she doesn't fit in with the rest of those characters.

Edward Elric made it in...No surprise there. Even though FullMetal Alchemist has been over for a little over 2 years. A number 9 slot is a good.

Kurosaki Ichigo has a sucky spot. He's more popular than some of the people there. It's Bleach. c'mon

And also, I totally agree with you TSS. Tenma and Harima definitely should have a slot made in there. They are one of the best anime characters around IMO.

Hmm.... Very interesting. Heh, those Japanese. You'd think they'd have Steven Stone, after he was one of the more requested characters for the Super Smash Bros. Brawl roster (Gardevoir being their Pokemon favorite)... Ah. Guess he doesn't do much on the anime, just for the games only...

Anyway, at least Hikari made it on the list. It would have been nice to see her as Number 50, that way she's smack in the middle, but hey. 57 works pretty well. That's almost half. But the picture they used... doesn't really look as detailed as everyone elses... Kind of stands out.

By the way... I just noticed how many anime females there are that are favorites. Heh. Well.

Hikari, Naruto, Edward Elric, and Keroro are like the only characters who really stand out. All the other guys look SO much alike......

Omg, Hikari? Well, at least May isn't on there. *hates May* And well duh Haseo from .hack//Roots is on there! He's fucking hawt!

Omg, Hikari? Well, at least May isn't on there. *hates May* And well duh Haseo from .hack//Roots is on there! He's fucking hawt!

The only reason Hikari is on there is because she's a brand new character and a big deal in a new series of Pokemon. May has always been one of the most popular characters in the fandom.

I also find it baffling how anyone can like Hikari but hate May, they're both pretty much the same. The only big difference between the two is May was more meek and Hikari has a bigger ego. In fact, one of the reasons I like Hikari is because she reminds me of May.

Haha.

And of course, the main reason why I like Hikari is because she reminds me of, well, myself. O_O

It's so weird how, apparently, my personality is very similar to her personality. XD

I also find it baffling how anyone can like Hikari but hate May, they're both pretty much the same. The only big difference between the two is May was more meek and Hikari has a bigger ego. In fact, one of the reasons I like Hikari is because she reminds me of May.
Maybe they don't like May's meekness. I also seem to remember someone explaining that some people hate May because she replaced Misty, and consequently like Hikari because she replaced May (i.e., misdirected anger).

People can like Hikari and hate May. The opposite is true, too; I like May a lot (I was very indifferent to her at first, but once her story started shaping up and Drew and Harley were introduced, I really started appreciating her), but I can't stand Hikari. I think I don't like Hikari's ego. Kid needs to learn modesty.

The funny thing is, I happen to like both May and Hikari. I don't like one girl more than the other girl.

And the same thing goes for Misty......

Actually, to be perfectly honest, I like everyone in the Pokemon anime equally. And that can be applied to either gender, girls or guys (except for Ash of course, everyone knows that I love Ash and he is my favorite character above anyone else <3 <3 <3).

Actually, to be perfectly honest, I like everyone in the Pokemon anime equally. And that can be applied to either gender, girls or guys
Agreed. They're just characters in a children's TV show, not real people; I can never exaclty figure out where these character debates come from. o_O

I think they purposely toned down Hikari's rivals to focus on Shinji.

I think they purposely toned down Hikari's rivals to focus on Shinji.

I suppose, but that would end up hurting Hikari's arc in the end.

A good reason May's story became so enjoyable is how much Drew and Harley appeared. The way May played off her rivals and Drew/Harley played off each other was fantastic, the writers knew they struck gold which is why they showcased them as much as possible until AG ended.

Nozomi is ok so far but she doesn't stand out that much...at least not yet anyway. Hikari needs good rivals to play off of so her story really takes off.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom