• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN045: Sword and Shield IV - The Ultimate Sword and Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sword and Shield IV - The Ultimate Sword and Shield

1*Eo6gw1JVM7Ca57YKBkX3jg.gif

So i guess we get a 2-parter inside the 4-parter (Episode 44 and 45 are obviously connected, but not due to the arc alone). Episode 44 - Ash and Goh fight Eternatus, but can't hit it. Then they use the Sword and the Shield to summone ultimate Zacian and Zamazenta.

I’m guessing the battle with Eternatus will start at some point in SWSH III, but near the end of the episode it’ll Eternamax. At some point Zacian and Zamazenta will join the battle in SWSH IV.

I wonder how big this battle will be. We already have Ash, Goh, and Team Rocket involved. Zacian and Zamazenta are inevitable. Leon will be fighting Eternatus in it’s normal form but will probably get injured like in the games going by his voice in the preview, so he’ll be out. Raihan is up in the air, but I feel like he’ll end up having to fight off the Rose goons.

And that’s just going by the people (excluding Zacian and Zamazenta) involved. How many Pokémon will be involved? I feel like there should be more than just Pikachu, Riolu, Raboot, Meowth, and the legendary wolves going up against Eternatus. Dragonite and Gengar feel like they should be involved but they also shouldn’t be destroyed just so Riolu/Lucario can do it on his own (though Dragonite and Gengar could be tired from fighting Dynamax Pokémon if Ash is gonna be using them for most of those). Same thing goes for Goh’s Pokémon, I wouldn’t want something like Flygon to go down just for Raboot to shine (though he might not be carrying his strongest team considering he typically only brings his strongest when going up against a powerful opponent, and he doesn’t know that he’ll be fighting a Legendary, he thinks he’s just visiting a lab).

There's speculation over on Serebii that the cast lists are being withheld to avoid spoiling the evolution of Raboot and Riolu, like we'd have known otherwise

Even ignoring all of the merchandise that's popped up with those two, they literally slapped them on the cover of a CD that just came out, lol.

This show is so weirdly inconsistent with how they handle "spoilers."

The title is a clunky mess. Even something generic like “Sword and Shield 4: the Conclusion” would’ve been better. Or just “The Ultimate Sword and Shield” without the 4 numbering.

I hope is not going to delayed again since last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom