• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN073: Captain Pikachu! Advance, Tairetsu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The writers' record of doing new things with Pikachu continues: evolving
from a Pichu
, being harassed to evolve, being framed, being impersonated (kinda), running away from Ash and now being a military leader (and to think that all of those things got their own episode...Some would argue it has more focus than Ash lol).

It surprises me that the opening actually covers a very specific event from 6 months later, they really planned it in advance.
The writers' record of doing new things with Gengar, Dragonite and Dracovish: None .

And Pikachu Pikahogs the spotlight yet again.

This actually reminds me of how the mouse was used as Ash's final Pokemon in Burgh's gym over the newly evolved and Tranquill despite the bird being far better suited typewise for that particular battle and really needing the screentime. Now we have Pikachu acting as a leader for a Falinks when Ash has two Fighting-types who haven't done anything in a while and would have been perfect in Pikachu's apparent role... I can't believe that Lucario of all Pokemon is being completely wasted despite ostensibly being part of the main cast.

Let's just hope Falinks gets a good portrayal here, because it's by far one of the most fun Gen 8 Pokemon.

Look Guys! A new scan!

Episodes 72 and 74 only tho.

One thing is for certain. They are DEFINITELY hiding something important for episode 73

IMG_20210620_230839.jpg

Wait. I just realized they seem to be in the Lab?

Cause Raichu, Panpour, and Pansear are with them?

How did Falinks and Eiscue end up there?

Did Ash and Gou catch them?

Will my long time theory of Ash catching Eiscue actually be correct???

Greattttt! Writers, what are you doing? More Galar mons being out of place in Kanto. Do you hate Galar or what?

Also: When did Go catch Eiscue en Falinks, they haven't been to Galar since the fossil episode.
They went to Galar last during the Ponyta episode.

Look Guys! A new scan!

Episodes 72 and 74 only tho.

One thing is for certain. They are DEFINITELY hiding something important for episode 73

View attachment 146396
Okay, so I'm assuming that what's gonna happen is that Falinks and Eiscue will get captured by Goh, then something is gonna happen and the brass will get separeted from the rest. Therefore, the brass will get distressed and Goh will put some of his mons to make up for the loss of it's friends. Ash will get the others and Pikachu will act as the leader for them until they can reunite at the end of the episode.

There, I predicted the entire episode.

So that's what's going to happen....

I never expected anything from this episode...

Meme aside, this is very underwhelming.
Come on, the Creativity Sterility Plague is real?

Seems like a rehash of that Pikachu short that came with Revelation Lugia....
Tamatama thinking that Togepi is one of them.

I also fail to see any resemblance between Pikachu and the Tairetsu Leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom