• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN085: Rival Showdown! Satoshi VS Saitou!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20211006-172117.png

So, I just learned via Serebii that the 86th episode of Journeys is apparently titled, "Mega Evolution vs Gigantamax!!" Does this mean the battle between Ash and Bea is going to be a two-parter?

how is no one talking about Ash possibly losing to Bea or is the battle too big (pun not intended) for him not to lose. how come people talked about ash losing to iris or the battle being a tie? but not this one?

how is no one talking about Ash possibly losing to Bea or is the battle too big (pun not intended) for him not to lose. how come people talked about ash losing to iris or the battle being a tie? but not this one?
I think it just feels like there's no real reason to draw this out any longer. He was able to force a draw last time after a bit of extra training, and with Leon and Cynthia in the PWC Ash has much bigger fish to fry than Bea.

I think it just feels like there's no real reason to draw this out any longer. He was able to force a draw last time after a bit of extra training, and with Leon and Cynthia in the PWC Ash has much bigger fish to fry than Bea.
it’s like in the great/super class people wanted ash to lose but in the ultra/hyper class they don’t even care

Bea is one of Ash's more memorable opponents in this series.
She will be memorable as one of the blandest and flattest characters ever, but this is more of Game Freak's fault since she's the same in the games.

Last edited:
I would have preferred it if Ash lost in the previous rematch, and Riolu was furthered determined to gain Mega Evolution from that point. Instead, we have the writers randomly pulling it (Mega Evolution) out of nowhere without a mention of it in a year and a half, with no build-up, and there looks to be no risk involved to master it. It feels so disjointed, and the focus on Lucario’s desire to achieve more power has been so weak that I feel nothing for this grudge match and whether Lucario can master the tide. There’s nothing to fear here. If Ash lost the previous rematch, maybe they could have at least had an issue of Lucario ignoring Ash in battle, being frustrated/desperate, making him lose. Or at least that’s what previous series might have done.
As @Daren said, there’s just no point in continuing this rivalry. Essentially, it’s has been boiled down to achieving one thing fans have wanted Ash to have for years, and ultimately culminating in nothing else being assembled.

Bea is one of Ash's more memorable opponents in this series.
Gonna be honest, that’s true, but it’s really not hard for her. Ash has faced other characters once, and they’ve never appeared again, so they have no connection to anything to form a bond, whilst Rinto is the only exception, and he’s developed as a stepping-stone for G.Farfetch’d, having no personality other than being a battler.
So, we are picking at the bottom of the barrel here.

Wonder if Korrina will be in attendance, considering her first encounter with Bea went sour, and the fact it’ll be Ash’s Mega Lucario’s first outing, with the potential to have call-backs to her first time applying the technique.
Actually made me realise, surely Korrina should be in a higher division than the last time we met her. You can’t tell me she’s still a Normal Class trainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom