• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN086: Mega Evolution VS Kyodaimax

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time we had a two parter battle like this?

maxresdefault.jpg

Well the ball is certainly somewhat in Lucario’s court. After all, while Machamp has the size advantage, Lucario has the speed. And Dynamax only lasts for a limited time while Mega Evolution stays until the Pokémon faints or is recalled. So if it can’t beat G-Max Machamp, all it has to do is outlast it.

looks like pikachu won’t be the fall guy but probably hawlucha since pikachu is struggling against grapploct and bea's pokéball on the screen is dimmed out/not lit up

looks like pikachu won’t be the fall guy but probably hawlucha since pikachu is struggling against grapploct and bea's pokéball on the screen is dimmed out/not lit up

Which means Hawlucha is the expected Fall Guy on Bea's side and Pikachu on Ash's (Sirfetch'd takes down Hawlucha, gets recalled against Grapploct, Pikachu gets defeated by Grapploct and Grapploct vs Lucario is a tie, but because Ash still has Sirfetch'd left, he wins).

Sirfetch'd vs Hawlucha - Sirfetch'd wins

Sirfetch'd vs Grapploct - Grapploct wins

Pikachu vs Grapploct - Grapploct switched out

Pikachu vs Machamp - Machamp wins and is switched out

Lucario vs Grapploct- Lucario wins

Lucario vs Machamp - Lucario wins

Last edited:
Sirfetch'd vs Hawlucha - Sirfetch'd wins

Sirfetch'd vs Grapploct - Grapploct wins

Pikachu vs Grapploct - Grapploct switched out

Pikachu vs Machamp - Machamp wins

Lucario vs Grapploct- Grapploct wins

Lucario vs Machamp - Lucario wins
What?
Lucario vs. Grapploct- Grapploct wins?

Did you type it wrong ? Otherwise my same thoughts

After watching the preview for this episode multiple times, I noticed something in particular. There's a split-second frame after Pikachu is hit by Grapploct's attack where it rolls toward the scoreboard, and while it can be clearly seen that Bea has lost one Pokemon by that point, if you look right after that, for a split-second in the corner of the screen, it can be seen that Ash has lost one Pokemon too. Which means it is as others have suspected already: Sirfetch'd either ties with, loses to (reallllllly hoping no for that last one, it needs this win) or defeats Hawlucha, and is then beaten by Grapploct. After that I suspect (and actually hope for, he's had enough damn wins/screentime) Pikachu loses to Grapploct, but not before maybe dealing some more damage, or perhaps even Paralysing it, at which point Lucario can come in and finish it off. And from there it's obviously Mega Lucario vs Gigantamax Machamp to determine the victor. I can't wait, it looks like this will be the best battle of Journeys so far! (I mean, it probably already is just by the fact it's a 3v3 and a 2-parter.)

After watching the preview for this episode multiple times, I noticed something in particular. There's a split-second frame after Pikachu is hit by Grapploct's attack where it rolls toward the scoreboard, and while it can be clearly seen that Bea has lost one Pokemon by that point, if you look right after that, for a split-second in the corner of the screen, it can be seen that Ash has lost one Pokemon too. Which means it is as others have suspected already: Sirfetch'd either ties with, loses to (reallllllly hoping no for that last one, it needs this win) or defeats Hawlucha, and is then beaten by Grapploct. After that I suspect (and actually hope for, he's had enough damn wins/screentime) Pikachu loses to Grapploct, but not before maybe dealing some more damage, or perhaps even Paralysing it, at which point Lucario can come in and finish it off. And from there it's obviously Mega Lucario vs Gigantamax Machamp to determine the victor. I can't wait, it looks like this will be the best battle of Journeys so far! (I mean, it probably already is just by the fact it's a 3v3 and a 2-parter.)
which rival battle is more decisive: the ash vs gladion alola league battle or whatever tf this ash vs bea battle has going on?

After some revising, there’s one thing I absolutely wouldn’t want to happen here (and that’s most likely to): Lucario shrugging off Gmax Machamp’s giant magma fists and flipping the tables with a couple of Aura Spheres. I feel like the stakes start becoming way too artificial when they try to pull this.
Given how Lucario tanked High Jump Kick, a dozen Wing Attacks, and a full-charged Sky Attack with no damage WITHOUT mega evolving, it not getting fazed by Gmax Machamp while mega evolved wouldn't be at all surprising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom