• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN133: Project Mew

Status
Not open for further replies.
FhIauQjUUAAuuLF
screams and cries in TR fan
735EB3DE-4AE2-4AE1-8AF6-294535349BEC.jpeg

Carry on

Certainly didn't expect Groudon and Kyogre, of all Pokémon, to be here. And look at Grookey! It seems to be actually doing something!
I'm not expecting it to do much, doubt it is powerful to beat a legendary

Would be nice to see Grookey evolve

My wild prediction is that Grookey might evolve here because Goh might make some cameo appearance for an arc or something in the next series and they’ll want him to have Rillaboom by that point. I have no evidence of this, just a gut feeling, lol.

Also I wonder if Groudon and Kyogre are Mew in disguise. It would be a little strange/coincidental for the two of them to be at the island at the same time that the PM Chasers are.

My wild prediction is that Grookey might evolve here because Goh might make some cameo appearance for an arc or something in the next series and they’ll want him to have Rillaboom by that point. I have no evidence of this, just a gut feeling, lol.
Grookey's evolution wouldn't probably feel deserved after how little it's done, but I'd welcome it nevertheless.
I wonder if Groudon and Kyogre are Mew in disguise. It would be a little strange/coincidental for the two of them to be at the island at the same time that the PM Chasers are.
Unless both of them attack the different parts of the divided team at the same time. Then they can't be Mew.

Grookey's evolution wouldn't probably feel deserved after how little it's done, but I'd welcome it nevertheless.

Unless both of them attack the different parts of the divided team at the same time. Then they can't be Mew.

It wouldn’t bother me that much. Goh’s time as a main character in the anime is probably over so it doesn’t really matter if Grookey evolves or not at this point. It’s also been in the show for so long that it evolving in an attempt to save Goh would at least add a little something extra to it before it leaves since it has been pretty attached to Goh since it was caught.

And that could definitely be possible. Though I wonder why they would both show up at the same time if that is the case.

...Grookey's going to miraculously evolve and save the day, isn't he? :|

Last edited:
...Grookey going to miraculously evolve and save the day, isn't he? :|
God I hope not. Last thing we need to to send Go out on yet another case of the writers handing him something on a silver platter with an unearned evolution. Grookey has done basically nothing in its entire existence. It suddenly evolving here would actually be worse than the Drizzile scenario.

I can’t help but feel that maybe I’d actually feel something if Project New had been something that they had built up to for Go since the start rather than a halfhearted attempt at giving Go something compelling to do when they realized that just chucking balls at ever that moves isn’t a very interesting narrative for a protagonist. Which is a shame because, based on the preview, the writers really want us to be into this and feeling hyped and emotional about this 2-parter.

Grookey Evolves By Doing Absolutely Nothing fits with the rest of Go's MO, so are we really going to be surprised when it happens?

I mean hey, at least we can finally say Grookey did something!
All that experience, event and encounter. He want to be like the rest of the partner especially Aceburn/Cinderace and Inteleon been through to get out the crisis. Now, it is his turn to do it. Also, only way to defeat Kyogre is by clam it down from playing music or singing. Just like Lana's Primarina did from Sun and Moon series.

Certainly not. But it does feel like now or never. Plus Go's Pokemon have form for getting undeserved evolutions.
I’ll never understand how the writers could be so tone deaf as to think that them basically giving a main character freebies like that is remotely satisfying for the audience. If anything, it just makes the character look like a writer’s pet.

Even worse is that there are now rumors of Goh catching a Sprigatito and there's an actual legitimate possibility that we might actually go through this same shit with the Paldea Starters

Even worse is that there are now rumors of Goh catching a Sprigatito and there's an actual legitimate possibility that we might actually go through this same shit with the Paldea Starters
We don't even know anything about what the anime is going to do after these three episodes, so I wouldn't put much stock into those rumors right now. I can't really see Goh sticking around with the Paldea starters. I'd much rather see them distribute the starters among the cast instead of giving them all to one character since that hasn't worked out in the past, not just with Goh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom