• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Lamest Episode Titles

Gligarman

Unova! Represent!!
Reaction score
I've never been a big fan of the English episode titles because they all sound like levels from Donkey Kong Country. So out of sheer boredom I'd thought I'd ask, what are some of the worst English episode titles you've either heard or that you can come up with?

I know this is an English thread, but I have to mention this Japanese episode title. Some of them can be pretty lame as well, but this one takes the cake. It's the episode in which Gomazou hatches:

Egg, Hatch

Egg, Hatch. Wow. It must have taken Junki Takegami all night to come up with that clever title...

I know this is an English thread, but I have to mention this Japanese episode title. Some of them can be pretty lame as well, but this one takes the cake. It's the episode in which Gomazou hatches:

Egg, Hatch

Egg, Hatch. Wow. It must have taken Junki Takegami all night to come up with that clever title...

Egg, Hatch?
Haha, that's amazing!
One that comes to mind at the moment is Gettin' Twiggy With It.

Egg, Hatch

^ This made me laugh hysterically.

I think most titles are corny anyway, but one I really hated was Xatu the Future. It doesn't even make sense. Is it supposed to be like Back to the Future? Idk. But it's not even a very good episode, either...

They do actually get some good titles, though. Let me rack my brain to think of one. ....Pikachu Revolts? Well, there are some good ones.

I like the Japanese titles better though because they kind of tell you what's going to happen in the episode. The English titles mostly leave you saying WTF. ^^:

Once There Were Greenfields
(No there weren't)

It was based off of a poem that fit the episode really well. I'm not sure how someone can't like that title. It's the Japanese one that was lame and made no sense. Natane & Sabonea! Farewell to Whom!? Um, Natane was gonna leave anyway...

Sandshrew's Locker!
(wtf?)

Its pokeball was in a chest underwater... what's so hard to understand about that?

Basically most of the recent episodes were copyrights of famous phrases, movies, books take Malice in Wonderland for example they just added an M to Alice and also One Team Two Team Red Team Blue Team they replaced FISH by using TEAM so basically they are not doing a good jobs with episode titles these days

Ill-Will-Hunting was weird title I just liked the episode because they saw Gary again but he is less of a braggart now than he was back in the old season

Ill-Will-Hunting was weird title I just liked the episode because they saw Gary again but he is less of a braggart now than he was back in the old season

I thought it was Good 'Quil Hunting? Maybe I have my episodes mixed up or something...

I could be wrong, but I think Good 'Quil Hunting was from Johto, while Ill-Will Hunting was from DP.

Oh, okay. I missed a large chunk of DP episodes, and I guess I got confused because the titles are so similar and I didn't know Ill-Will-Hunting existed. ^^;

The Pi-Kahuna was one, if I recall correctly. I love the poor titles XD

And yes, Good Quil Hunting was from Johto, and there was no Gary present, so Ill Will Hunting must be the one pikachu200 had seen. Quil Hunting featured an annoying one-time character rivalling Ash to catch Cyndaquil though.

I could be wrong, but I think Good 'Quil Hunting was from Johto, while Ill-Will Hunting was from DP.

You're correct about the titles of the episode.

Another one that I am not a fan of is, "Pruning Though a Prussle of Pals". ( I hope I got the title right.)

I actually like the corny adaptations of popular sayings and phrases that the english titles use.

"Egg, Hatch." LOL yes winner!

The Scheme Team was a rather boring title tho.

I've never been a big fan of the Japanese style titles. Yes the dub has puns, but it's not as annoying as Verb with Exclamation Point! Vaguely Related Nouns??!!?!?.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom