• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Let's draw Sugimori Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your comments. Yeah this Kasumi pic came out really nice, but there's still another one to come at some point, coz that's the GSC Kasumi, and now i need to do the RBYG/FRLG one :p

This is a drawing based on the Parasol Girl sprite

Amazing work! I absolutely adore it all. I think you should try some of the 4th generation Pokémon. You should have nintendo working for you, with all of your talent. Keep up the good work!

I wanted to do Bonsly, i even had a sketch of it in a cool unseen pose, but somehow i lost it ;_;. Hopefully it will turn up sometime soon.

Maybe I should ask Mew to help me find it =(

Time for Red! Yeah, RED, the main character of the original games revamped into the new sugimori style with the original clothing featured in the game's booklet!

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/21468905/

LOL, maybe i overdid it with that "excited" comment ^^;

Nice.

By the way, something's been nagging me about this Misty pic, and it suddenly hit me - her right shoe has two stripes, her left one has one. >.> Just a random thought in hindsight. Seeing as it took me this long to notice it, I doubt it's that problematic, but...

I didn't notice that on the misty pic you are using as an avatar. Even that wasn't my best misty pic i guess i should get that part redrawn o_O'

They're still amazing. I'm just wondering, have you been doing anything different from the first time you drew than when you started doing them again?

Here's a new Sugimori style drawing for you. It's Lanette from Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire. The only reference I had was that trading card called "Pokemon Net Search" in whcih we didn't see the whole body.. so I did some assumptions based on other characters.

Lanette: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/21776706/

Well, the manga and Ken Sugimori aren't the same artist, so we'll never know how is the full original character.. just as Celio XP

I know Sugimori doesn't do the manga, but the current manga artist (forgot the name) tends to stay really close to the game in the aspect of characters and such

if you've been following the R/S/E saga, it's pretty much directly related to the games

redchesus said:
if you've been following the R/S/E saga, it's pretty much directly related to the games
Yeah. Same for FR/LG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom