• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M19: Volcanion and the Mechanical Magearna

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see how low the box office numbers are going to be this time. They've consistently decreased since 2011.

Better luck next generation?

Omggggggggggggg Musashi & Kojiro in the little plane thing with Satoshi! (Notably lacking Satoshi's mates lol.)
Nyasu consistently has A Speaking Role!
This film has such good vibez!!

By the way, here's the (spoiler-ific) track listing for the movie's soundtrack:

volcanion_tricky_magearna.jpg

Track Listing:

01) Avant
02) What is Mega Evolution?
03) The Battle of the Airship!
04) Main Title
05) While on a Journey
06) Stuck Together...
07) An Electromagnetic Pulse?!
08) The Rampaging Volcanion!!
09) Magearna
10) Mega Wave
11) What is Magearna?
12) Rescue!
13) Confrontation
14) Going Along on the Journey
15) The Power of Science is Amazing!~!
16) The Rocket-Dan's Scheme
17) Mega Wave! The Rocket-Dan!
18) Pitfall
19) Its Real Power!!
20) Magearna Reminisces
21) Prince Racel and Jarvis
22) An Injured Amars
23) Enter the Hunters
24) Navel Plateau
25) Amars' First Aid
26) Magearna's Song
27) Please, Everyone!
28) The Day Ends
29) Morning in the Plateau
30) Serena's Pofflé
31) Attack on the Plateau!
32) Magearna's Decision
33) Mean Look
34) Tragedy
35) Meeting
36) Jarvis' Scheme
37) Move Ahead, Flying Fortress!
38) Head Toward the Flying Fortress!
39) Heartache
40) Clash!!
41) Satoshi-Gekkouga Pays a Visit!
42) The Scream of the Soul Heart!
43) A Deep Sorrow
44) Perfect Zygarde
45) Counterattack!
46) If We Leave It Like This...
47) Volcanion's Resolution
48) Volcanion Dies?
49) From Out of the Fog
50) Honarary Pokemon of the Navel Plateau

I really interested in Ash's interaction with Volcanion since it is a cool pokemon. Looks like a decent movie although I always enjoy the Hoopa movie the most.

You know was there no early screening this year? I feel like we've usually hear bits and pieces about the film from those who saw it early at this point.

I didn't even realize how low-key the movie was this year...

Maybe it'll end up being surprisingly fun to watch at least.

Here are some more scans of the manga adaptation of the movie.

iwBbHFV.png
rs9qsS5.png
f04INqv.png
pqYjCyG.png
hW0b1Fe.png
DbdtCgB.png
fEFyZd8.png

I wonder if this film will show any other new Gen VII Pokemon. Usually the last film in a generation shows a couple, or a new feature.

The last time they showed new non-special Pokemon (Gen 4, 10 years ago) it was heavily advertised in posters in merchandise, so I don't think it will happen. Other things like the Nimbasa name drop in Movie 13 could happen as we know that the anime has access to Sun & Moon information since mid 2015.

Or there's a New Pokemon hidden in the design of a character like Kurt's Woobat hat in the Zoroark film.

At least it's a bit different than the Ash finds cute legendary pokemon and helps him.
Where and when will the movie air tomorrow?

At least it's a bit different than the Ash finds cute legendary pokemon and helps him.
Where and when will the movie air tomorrow?
The movie comes out in theaters in Japan on the 16, unless you count a movie being shown in theaters as "airing". :p

Last edited:
Here's a clip that CoroCoro's official youtube channel has uploaded. It shows some more scenes from the movie.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMWw5xiwW8

Magearna's adorable, Volcanion's reactions at being stuck with Ash were amusing, Clemont does something useful, and I finally see a Shiny Gengar. I'm not going to make any box office predictions here but I might end up personally enjoying this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom