• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M21: Everyone's Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, maybe not. Munchlax debuted in July 2004 and the fourth generation games came 26 months later.
There is three years between Gen I and Gen II, and, again, three years between Gen II and Gen III games. Both Gen V and Gen VI, too, lasted only three years, and looks like Gen VII is not gonna outlast them. Only Gen III and IV lasted more. It's quite possible that Gen III too originally supposed to last three years but they it postponed it for some reason, and DP just copied AG's formula. That would explain why they created Kanto Battle Frontier Saga, and why there is a 1 year gap between 7th and 8th Gym battles.

Still, people talk like it's a sure thing to happen. It reminds me threads from late BW.
Virgil_Winning.png

That was one of the few times that an Eevee showed up an didn't lead to evolving in the series. I forget if Sylveon was revealed by the time Virgil and his team of Eeveelutions were introduced or not. I do remember people thinking that his Eevee would evolve during the Unova League, but people also expected Ash to lose to him too. I can understand being annoyed when speculation is treated like a fact. I do think that there's a pretty good chance that Eevee will evolve into a new Eeveelution during the movie, but it's certainly not a guarantee or fact. We're still in the middle of speculation for the movie and people are just really eager for news about the Switch games too. I'm still leading towards the games coming out next year, but I could see them introducing a new Eeveelution to help generate hype for the games either way.

That needs some explanation.
That tweet comes from "Project Eevee", a campaign launched by The Pokemon Company centered on that Pokemon. They chose to point out that it's in the movie. Is there a good reason to do any of this if it ends up meaning zilch? Mind you, all my discussion is only under certain assumptions. I'm not instantly believing anything.

Last edited:
I'm not saying I don't think it's possible for a new Eeveelution to be in this film but the whole "a new one ever other generation" thing is the exact type of "pattern" that gets broken in this franchise and we shouldn't really be using it as anything substantial.

I didn't think that Marshadow was an afterthought exactly. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be helping Ash on his journey or the villain, but it was incorporated into the Ho Oh legend itself fairly well, at least the the point where I didn't see it as an afterthought.

They started promoting the fourth generation ridiculously early in general. Munchlax was featured in the seventh movie and the rest of the AG movies were heavily focused on the upcoming fourth generation than any of the third generation Pokemon. They usually haven't promoted a new generation that far ahead of the games' release. They could still promote a new Eeveelution well before the Switch games come out, especially when we normally don't get announcements that new main series titles are in development either. It is hard to say right now. I'm still not sure that the Switch games will come out this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo and Game Freak really want to have the games available by this holiday season to get more money either. Main series Pokemon games for the Switch would practically print money for them.

My point is that we can get Gen VIII Pokémon even if Gen VIII comes next year as there isn't much left from Gen VII that they can promote.

what fully evolved starter could be used in this movie?
last time we got Incineroar?

Ash probably will get some changes in pokemon too? if its based on Johto, then maybe he could get something?

maybe the 3 fully evolved johto starters could have good battles in it?

Probably next movie will 100% feature a 8 gen pokemon, if this one would then we could be for 100% sure that gen 8 will hapen this or at beginnig of (2019) next year

That was one of the few times that an Eevee showed up an didn't lead to evolving in the series. I forget if Sylveon was revealed by the time Virgil and his team of Eeveelutions were introduced or not. I do remember people thinking that his Eevee would evolve during the Unova League, but people also expected Ash to lose to him too. I can understand being annoyed when speculation is treated like a fact. I do think that there's a pretty good chance that Eevee will evolve into a new Eeveelution during the movie, but it's certainly not a guarantee or fact. We're still in the middle of speculation for the movie and people are just really eager for news about the Switch games too. I'm still leading towards the games coming out next year, but I could see them introducing a new Eeveelution to help generate hype for the games either way.

Maybe they wanted his team to include the whole available line, so Eevee + Eeveelutions.

To add on, they're being revealed in late April. Pokeshopper said in one of the replies that he's expecting one to be Zeraora and one to be something completely new - probably an Eeveelution, IMO.

(For context we got Marshadow in a movie trailer in early April, so April is definitely sounding like the month that the long-expected Zeraora reveal finally materializes.)

I kinda doubt, the review from the critics is going to pull out the same thing about old fans complaining that Ash's former companion never appear and considered never existed and nagging about too very similar to the second movie.

But it just all my opinion of speculation after my guesses. However, I knew the result will be like that. I can see it.

@Singaporean Honestly, I don't see any similarities to the Pokemon 2000 movie outside of Lugia.

For the previous movie, I was happily surprised that critics weren't as rough on it as some of the fans.

Many critics applauded the series for going in a different direction and going forward with much more cohesive storytelling.

Catch Satoshi making his entrance in one of these bad boys:

2005_chrysler_town-and-country_passenger-minivan_limited_rq_oem_1_500.jpg

that may or may not be the exact car i drive....

Hey, gotta get all those people and their pokes around. Especially the old lady. No way she's walking around the entire region!
Come to think of it, SM's Ash-tachii could really use something like this...

For the previous movie, I was happily surprised that critics weren't as rough on it as some of the fans.
I have a feeling that at least some of those fans were Brock/Misty fanboys/girls blinded by nostalgia who were simply pissed at the fact that they weren't Ash's traveling companions in the movie.

Personally, I found movie 20 pretty enjoyable, and I'm looking forward to this movie, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom