• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 8 - I am running out of titles [7-15-13]

1) I meant vig kill not invention sorry
2) You started looking town when you started making sense compared to others however at this point with what information we have I doubt it.

lmao at the title i can really relate xD

So, who did DrumBeats target to protect?

I'm going to look through the thread one last time. :054:

Power Roles, what happened last night?

jda, Drumbeats, what did you two do last night?

jda, Drumbeats, what did you two do last night?

Nothing because a) I wasn't around and b) I don't have enough uses of my ability to justify using it whenever I feel like it without good reason to.

Vote: Phoenicks.

The only possible mafia left are you and FinalArcadia. I've already given reasons previously to why I should vote you, and there's not any other legitimate option for a lynch, as far as I can see.

I protected Hitomi again.

Vote: Phoenicks

It makes the most sense out of the two real possible options left.

I protected Hitomi again.

I suggest that you unvote, because if Phoenicks is Mafia, then he's likely lying that his ability was permanently taken away, and could use his ability to kill you.

VOTE: Phoenicks

My ability is pretty much useless, so it shouldn't be a deal if I die. If Phoenicks is Town and he was telling the truth all along about having his ability permanently taken away, I think that it should put some suspicion on FinalArcadia because the ability to take an ability permanently away could just be one shot, and thus also bring up another possibility as to how Harpy got nothing from FinalArcadia.

What. You're actually going to mislynch me. Because there aren't enough options left. When there are 9 players.

Which reason am I supposed to defend myself from -- that I started lurking midgame? That I told Froakie not to use her kill? That I had a lynch resistance?

I actually don't understand. I lead the Dark Kyriaki lynch. Was I plotting that?

@Buoy; Why are me and FinalArcadia the only possible scum left? What about jda, Human, the rest?

@HumanDawn; What does your ability have to do with voting me?

If I could still use my ability, it would lynch the second lynch choice. Not anyone who voted for me at random.

@DrumBeats; why does my lynch make most sense?

Edit: No one hammer me please. I'm going to leave some cases if you're really going to lynch me.

HumanDawn said:
If Phoenicks is Town and he was telling the truth all along about having his ability permanently taken away, I think that it should put some suspicion on FinalArcadia because the ability to take an ability permanently away could just be one shot, and thus also bring up another possibility as to how Harpy got nothing from FinalArcadia.
How does it affect reads on me if that ability is one-shot? Either way she would still not have received anything from me, because there is nothing left of my ability to receive. She'd already taken away GliscorMan/Miss Mew's ability, and also that of Phoenicks if he is telling the truth about it being gone permanently, so it would seem that she has three shots of it like she said.

JJM died as a Jailor Day 2. His targets were immune from all night actions.

What are the odds that we have a doctor, a Jailor, and an invisibility cloak?

Specifically, why was Harpy blocked on Night 4? Why didn't Human's ability stop Harpy from being blocked?

Vote: HumanDawn

The night 4 block is the only thing we don't have an claimed explanation for. And given all the night actions the town has, wouldn't that protection be useful to scum?

If role claims are allowed, the mods would give scum a reasonable claim. You can't beat Harry Potter.

After lunch I'm going to comb through his old posts.

I thought your ability would pick somebody at random...

JJM died as a Jailor Day 2. His targets were immune from all night actions.

What are the odds that we have a doctor, a Jailor, and an invisibility cloak?

Each night you can trap someone in your webbing - to do so, post “Web: [user]” in your QT and your target will be a.) unable to use their ability that night, b.) unable to perform their factional kill (if they are Mafia), and c.) protected from being killed that night.

It doesn't protect them from all Night actions.

Specifically, why was Harpy blocked on Night 4? Why didn't Human's ability stop Harpy from being blocked?

The night 4 block is the only thing we don't have an claimed explanation for. And given all the night actions the town has, wouldn't that protection be useful to scum?

I already have given a claimed explanation for. Pokemaster97's invention. It's useful to both sides.

If role claims are allowed, the mods would give scum a reasonable claim. You can't beat Harry Potter.

Which villain do you suggest can do what I can do?

How does it affect reads on me if that ability is one-shot? Either way she would still not have received anything from me, because there is nothing left of my ability to receive. She'd already taken away GliscorMan/Miss Mew's ability, and also that of Phoenicks if he is telling the truth about it being gone permanently, so it would seem that she has three shots of it like she said.

I'm only saying that if your ability as Mafia had one-shot or more, and they were all used up, Harpy would have also gotten nothing from you.

fine. i'm going to go with phoenicks. if he's right about human, then i'm willing to believe he's town.

unvote: phoenicks.
vote: humandawn.

Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 4 - All according to plan? [6-29-13]

I started rereading and had way too much to quote so I'm only doing ~1/2 the thread right now. General:

-Gliscorman --> Miss Mew claimed "Han Solo" from Star Wars, but was really Lord English. Oswin, who was Darth Vader from Star Wars, claimed Dumbledore from Harry Potter. Why did Gliscorman claim a role from Oswin's franchise when he had his own franchise to use? Why did Oswin claim Dumbledore, who was from the same franchise as HumanDawn's Harry Potter?

I.e., why did Oswin use Human's franchise when no claim would have saved him?

So tl;dr. I have 2 maf pairs. Either Mido/Nick or Jda/Oswin

I think this is interesting. I don't think Gliscorman would implicate Jda/Oswin as both being scum when Oswin is scum.

Commuter is a really easy scum claim but it is also a common town role. I'm leaning town on Jda.

Since I'm pretty sure most people here know I wouldn't bluff I'd ignore all votes made after I froze. Phoenicks might still be mafia with harpy (forgot who was the one that thought that but it was someone) and only voting her right now because he knows the vote won't count anyway.

a very interesting point. we can prove/disprove this by lynching harpy, as well as proving/disproving some other things (bein deliberately vague ok bear with me). :)

vote: harpy.

Say, what were you being deliberately vague about?

I have no idea why her role wouldn't work on me.

I forgot that Harpy's role failed on Buoy.

@Harpy; when your role failed Night 2, did you get a result closer to the one when Human protected Dark Kyriaki, or the one when you targeted FinalArcadia and got nothing? Was it different altogether?

First, I was notified that I could not use my role on Day 2. Harpy claims to have taken it.

Then, on Day 3, right before the update, I was notified that I could not use my role at all.

Because I did not activate my role, I am assuming tht it did not automatically reflect Mijz's minority vote.

However unlikely, someone did deactivate my role. It wasn't me.

Yeah? Go on please.

I responded to someone here but I'm not sure who -- there's no post between these posts. Did someone delete a post?

On CrackFox (who became Human):

As far as voting goes, i'd be inclined to vote Phoenicks if I had too but I couldn't do it with conviction. I didn't like the way he and others reacted to the joke voting, it held things up and anybody this headstrong so early, catches my eye.

CrackFox, who became Human, said she'd vote for me, without conviction.

I responded specifically by asking for direct accusations:

What defense would you like me to give? I thought I'd been clear and communicated everything I have done.

There wasn't even any attention on me before I voted Noivern, so I'm not sure what to say in defense to that theory either.

What specifically are you accusing me of?

CrackFox responds by repeating her feelings -- she just doesn't like how I voted for Noivern and Spectrum Achromatic. But this time she says that she may change her vote based on what others say:

What defense would you like me to give? I thought I'd been clear and communicated everything I have done.

There wasn't even any attention on me before I voted Noivern, so I'm not sure what to say in defense to that theory either.

What specifically are you accusing me of?

It's not your actions, it's the reason for them. You can't be clear about that, none of us can.

That's my point though. A smart player would establish attention onto someone else before it had a chance to come to them. Yesterday you had quite a few people questioning you as well.

I can't pretend to be 100% or even 50% but at the same time, I can't vote no-lynch every day phase. You are the person that is catching my attention. I can't 'accuse' you of anything because I don't claim to know anything. I've stated how your attitude rubs me the wrong way. Buoy's does as well, more so than you but Buoy, i'm used too.

- I didn't like the way you obsessed over SA joke vote on day one. It held the game up and it struck me as someone trying to cast and early fos. Townies also want to do that but not so willingly because the thought of lynching someone on their side, is always present.

-Your immediate vote on Noivern. Give him a chance to speak at least once before you potentially start a bandwagon and banish him from the game. For all we know, he could have the most beneficial role for the town. I know the mention thing has be debated but for someone who has just subbed in, especially in a game when the hosts mentions aren't working, it would have been the least you could do since you are already overwhelming the new guy with an immediate vote on his head.

That's all I have to say. It can be explained away prehaps. I might change my vote depending on what others have to say for themselves before phase change.

She voted me without making a case, said a defense could persuade her to unvote, realized that her ideas could "be explained away," and still tried to hold her vote. That's scummy.

As far as Mijz goes, I trust him for the time being. I'm getting mixed feelings from Buoy and Phoenicks, particularly @Phoenicks; I don't like the way you voted Noirvern just like that, mention him and threaten to vote but don't just do it. People are busy and can't always make time for defending themself, especially if they don't have any idea that they are being discussed. I wouldn't mention people in all cases but for important posts like voting and direct questions, I would. Makes me think you don't care as long as you are establishing the focus on somebody else. As well as that, I don't like you or Buoy's attitude. It's too aggressive for my liking. Innocent people are usually much cooler about the situation because they aren't experiencing the same kind of pressure.

Reason being, I feel like he's trying to get attention off himself by placing rash votes and calling people out for petty reasons. I.E joke votes. This vote is not final, i'm fully open to hearing your defense.

When she votes me, it's because I "placed rash votes" and "called people out for petty reasons". But she's open to hearing my defense.

Harpy wanted to know why Buoy was so keen to hear Mijzelffan's opinion of her. It was a fair question since he seems intent on knowing. His response was pretty aggressive which never sits well with me. If you have nothing to hide, just calmly tell the truth or if it's dangerous to state the truth in thread, point that out. No need to go into attack mode. I'll be watching his actions closely, as well as Harpy's.

Tell me does being able to redirect votes off yourself and back at the one who cast them sound like a mafia ability?

It's pretty dubious. Softclaim or not, I don't know. Doesn't sound like Nexus to me though. Might be wrong but kills are usually not included. I'm intrigued to know more. If you are saying that the role redirects the votes back on to the caster, then that would pretty much make the person lynch proof. When you put it like that, it definitely sounds scummy.

These posts scream "I am doing something to look pro-town". In the second one she even calls (what no one knew was) my role scummy without using her own opinion -- CrackFox takes no responsibility.

I'd be more inclined to believe that a lynch proof role is more mafia than town, one shot or not. Town's people have the opportunity to save themselves during lynches, they don't during night phases. As a host, I wouldn't give a townie a lynch proof role. I'd expect them to use their own skills to save themselves via thread discussion. It would be much more beneficial for a townie to have protection from night kills. For a mafia role, admittedly it is a bit random but it would make more sense since lynches are the mafias biggest worry. Also your attempts to influence a vigilante to kill Harpy..why? I'm sure a vig kill could be put to much better use and if we do have a vig, it's up to him or her who they want to eliminate. Stop trying to influence people.

This was always a weird post -- don't influence people in a mafia game. She says that townies "have the opportunity to save themselves during lynches" -- and scum don't? I think these weird ideas are scummy.

On Human:

-My role has been mentioned a few times:

Say I had the ability and CF, GM, jda, and Phoenicks voted me. Instead of me having any votes on myself, each person who voted me would have their own vote on them.
-My power allows me to once reflect all votes off me so I don't get lynched
@Froakie; My role reflects all votes casted on me to the person voting: If you vote for me, it will register as a vote for yourself instead. I use this once. Presumably, the person with second-highest number of votes would be lynched instead.)

I mistook JJM's role though so I'm no better.

But why does town need A Roleblock/Doctor, a Doctor, and an invisibility cloak? The only actions mafia have had are Roleblocking and Killing. Your role could only protect town against Roleblocking (and Harpy's steal if she had been anti-town with it). But your role could protect scum against a lot more -- watchers, Roleblockers, Cops, etc.

i don't get phoenicks logic of lynching mijzelffan at all. he said he doesn't want a lynch on him as it would “do nothing for him” as he says he's town but that's untrue because if he lynched mijzelffan and he flipped mafia he'd look town.

This was really odd. Human suspects me as scum on the chance that I'm scum who could theoretically have been bussing my own partner.

i think a mass nameclaim might be pointless because the mafia probably have safe fake nameclaims(see mm's bible mafia and american revolution) but i'm willing to claim mine if needed

Human spent more time analyzing nameclaims than anyone else.

@Harpy; I know. I brought the possibility up because you could be lying. The chances of Harry Potter not being in this game are incredibly low. I'd be disappointed if he wasn't even in the game as he's also an incredibly popular hero.

The hosts weren't typical -- the protagonists from Homestuck were Vriska and Tavros, not John. I'm Crow Hogan, who I understand as a side-protagonist and not the main. Mijz was Homura, not Madoka. etc.

Harry Potter could be a great host-given fakeclaim. That's just as likely as him being in the game.

Interestingly enough, Mijzelffan was against Phoenicks a lot. It would make sense for Phoenicks to mislynch him, and vote him when Mijzelffan is asleep. The nameclaim though... Well, if Phoenicks is Mafia with Neon Borealis, he could come up with the claim for him. Neon Borealis is a fan too, and he actually reviews cards and puts them on tumblr. It's not a stretch to think Neon might have made it up for him and even told him about the card's effect, but then again I doubt that Mintaka wouldn't have put Crow in. As a fakeclaim perhaps? :/

Pointing out that Neon was not scum and that Human never really suspected him anyways.

Harpy, I don't remember saying anywhere that we should all nameclaim. I think I said that there “wasn't any danger to” nameclaim.

His stance changed from "we shouldn't" to "there's no danger".

Human's role... I think it's too obvious to be a fakeclaim. Harry Potter is famous, and who would risk fakeclaiming the boy who lived when there's a high possibility someone else could have that role?
(Not saying Human is town. Just that his nameclaim seems believable.)

If the mafia plotted to give Human a great fakeclaim, here's Dark Kyriaki helping Human look like he's got a really 100% clear claim.

His read list is neutral on all confirmed scum:

Dark Kyriaki - After subbing in, she hasn't really done much, and I don't agree with her how protagonists can be aligned with the villains.
Oswin - Too. Much. Lurking. Slightly scum I guess, but nothing really concrete. No contributions.
GliscorMan - Well, the posts are okay I guess. No big contributions, but contributions none the less. I'm leaning a bit on Town.

Actually, the only ones he really commits to are:

Froakie - She has kept on giving me Town reads throughout the whole game, so I'm leaning Town on her. I'd be surprised if she was Mafia.
Buoy - The most Town player in the field. The logic he used throughout this entire game is in my opinion, flawless. I'm leaning on him being Town at lie, over 90 percent and I'd be honestly shocked if he turned up to be Mafia.
jda95 - Very Town to me. His replies and reactions seem genuine and Town like.
Nytie - I'm willing to believe the claim. There was no need to claim like that in my opinion, but I guess I can understand panicking when you could be helpful to Town. The nameclaim is believable, and I think Master Mew really liked him as well. I can see how the ability would fit with the ring.[/QUOTE]

There were no strong scum reads.

Human's role would help scum more than town given what we know. I think he's been inconsistent in his opinions and he hasn't really pursued any scum. I think it's likely that he didn't target Harpy Night 4.

I'm holding my vote.

@Phoenicks; I have no idea what I was being vague about now, actually. It was a long time ago and I'm pretty sure it became irrelevant because Harpy didn't get lynched. :l

Ugh I'm just going to leave town to their own devices. I can't decide who is scum at this point -_-

UNVOTE: Phoenicks

@Phoenicks;Here is my QT.

PanuPerson was signed in when posted
07-15-2013
10:09 PM ET (US)
steal fail
MidorikawaPerson was signed in when posted
07-15-2013
08:49 PM ET (US)

Edit

Delete
Steal FinalArcadias ability
PaperhorsePerson was signed in when posted
07-11-2013
10:19 PM ET (US)
Your stealing ability did not work.
07-11-2013
05:30 PM ET (US)

Edit

Delete
KILL: Noivern
Steal Dark Kyriaki's ability
07-03-2013
10:52 PM ET (US)
your actions cannot be performed.
07-03-2013
08:04 PM ET (US)

Edit

Delete
Steal Neon Borealis' Ability
07-02-2013
11:02 PM ET (US)

Edit

Delete
KILL: Oswin
06-29-2013
09:59 PM ET (US)
You may kill a person of your choice

one steal remains.
06-28-2013
11:01 PM ET (US)

Edit

Delete
Steal Gliscorman's Ability
06-25-2013
10:04 PM ET (US)
it didn't work. two steals remain.
06-25-2013
07:08 AM ET (US)

Edit

Delete
Steal Buoy's Ability
Edited 06-25-2013 07:09 AM
06-23-2013
11:50 PM ET (US)

Edit

Delete
Not sure if this is where o say so but use that reflect ability
06-21-2013
09:56 PM ET (US)

result: you may reflect votes back to the offenders if you so desire.
Edited 06-21-2013 10:17 PM
06-21-2013
08:38 PM ET (US)

Edit

Delete
Steal Phoenicks Ability

I'm not sold 100% on the reasoning but it's the option with the most logic behind it at the moment I suppose. For Phoenicks there aren't exactly any definitive scumtells to me. A few things that raise a little suspicion but not enough to form a strong case to justify a lynch. Human not having an explanation for why he couldn't successfully use his ability that night is concerning and now that it's come to my attention it's very odd that the town would have three roles revolving around protecting someone else.

Unvote: Phoenicks

Hipster Drumbeats, voting human before it was cool.

But seriously I'm so happy everyone's seeing why he's suspicious now.

The only actions mafia have had are Roleblocking and Killing. Your role could only protect town against Roleblocking (and Harpy's steal if she had been anti-town with it). But your role could protect scum against a lot more -- watchers, Roleblockers, Cops, etc.
I'm going to go ahead here and

I would however still like to know whether Pokemaster used his ability last night or, if not, why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom