• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

May issue of CoroCoro magazine leaked: Plethora of information revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm predicting a scenario (post credits) where you can battle Hilda/Hilbert (similar to Red in GSCHGSS). Anyone else predicting something similar?

Yes, when you beat/catch Kyurem you will be told that the Ice has stopped expanding or something. But it will take a while to melt. Conveniently, the ice will have melted after you beat the E4, you know how after post credits you just wake up in your room, well you find out that the ice has melted, you can now go to the previous area of Unova, indeed where Hildarbet will be to battle. Although I don't know what Pokemons they will have.

Wait, Unova's being covered with an ice cap but Extralink moat has dried up. WTF is wrong with Unova's environment!

Looks AMAZING.

Player characters look a bit odd, but hey, at least the female character is wearing some form of clothing that extends below their knees.
They'll grow on me, they always do.

Wait, Unova's being covered with an ice cap but Extralink moat has dried up. WTF is wrong with Unova's environment!
Unova's now wishing it took the Johto Protocols more seriously. But it didn't, and the weather's gone all Michael Bay.

My first thought: Undella Town's economy is fucked.
My second thought: The apparent loss of Striaton and Nacrene means that the first two gyms are presumably gone. Which really sucks. Lenora was my favorite gym leader >.>

Wow, just wow. I'm a bit... overwhelmed. We wanted info, and boy did we get it. Big time. I'm quite impressed. Gamefreak, you have done very well this generation. I'm at a total loss for words. What stuns me is that nearly half the region is covered in ice! What in the seven spiral galaxies did all that in just two years?! They've also added some old faces to the region, a whomping 300 old faces, to be exact. We also have new Gym Leaders, new rival, and new towns. The level of awesomeness is elevating into orbit! Still, though, no Dark-type leader. Well, whattya gonna do, right? In any case, with the floodgates having opened, revealing a ton of info, we now have stuff to chew on for a while. But this blew my theory out of the water. I was beginning to think that the word "sequel" would just be a case of Platinum-ish story telling. Boy, was I wrong. But I'm glad I was wrong, this is not only more creative, but engaging! I can't wait for it to come out, both in Japan and in America! Hurry up, GF, let us play!

That's a shitload of pokémon to build a team out of. Guess they all escaped from the Pokeshifter and nestled, as in BW that's the explanation given by an NPC as for why east unova has non-unova pokémon in it.

I really wonder what caused the ice (like Kyurem went into a rage because of BW protagonist or whatever), and at what moment.

So B2W2 are still set in Unova (as opposed to that "distant land" that was speculated to be the setting of these games) and that the eastern half of the region is frozen.

I am glad that there is an added Pokedex (just like what we had with Platinum, but on a greater scale), although I am not amused that Psyduck is kept. If that is the case, I'm setting my standards low and am expecting pokemon like Geodude, Magikarp, and Zubat to also be included. I am happy with Eevee, Lapras, Riolu, Beldum, and especially Mareep. Mareep seems to be a pokemon that you can get early in the B2W2 games. Definitely using a Ampharos in my B2W2 playthrough. But is it really 300 added pokemon, though? It seems more realistic that the dex will go up to 300.

This is epic! It really probably is a 2010 - 2012 thing. Kyurem's forms are freezing everything, an the world will die. Unless the player does something about it.
If you look closely at where Black and White Kyurem use Ice Burn and Freeze Shock you can see their sprites. They are in overdrive for the pictures, but is that just a part of them moving around? Or special when they use those moves? Either way, White Kyurem looks cool, but it's hard to see Black Kyurem....
The trainers aren't bad, and these new changes....does that mean they replace a few gyms, because there's only supposed to be 8.....

THE GIRL PLAYER CHARACTER'S LEGS ARE FULLY COVERED!!!!! 8D I don't care if it's with tights, and she still has a miniskirt on. Her legs are covered, her legs are covered, HER LEGS ARE COVERED!

I've waited SO LONG for a female player character who's legs are completely covered. ;w; This is a good step in the right direction Game Freak. A VERY good step!

With that said, I love the look of the rival and the male-player character. Funky hair and afros are in, baby. <3 I'm not disappointed at all, I can't wait for this game now!

PS: I think the professor looks quite creepy. I'm hoping he turns evil, 'cause he sure looks evil. o_o;

The trainers aren't bad, and these new changes....does that mean they replace a few gyms, because there's only supposed to be 8.....

Well, three Gym towns are frozen over, so presumably those are being replaced (although one of them is Icirrus and I think you'll still be able to access it under ice).

This is the cutest female MC ever
I shall call her Usagi because
In the name of the moon, she will punish you!
I feel so bad for her though, she's got May-level boobage to make up for her more modest clothing. I can feel the Rule 34 in my bones and it ain't pretty.

The boy is cute too, he's got the birdnest hair going on. But Usagi is on another level *w*

Also, so many additions to the Pokedex make me unbelievably happy! I'll do a mono-Ice run with Glaceon and Weavile (among others) just to troll the good people of Unova.

Well, this is certainly interesting! I like the player character designs and the changes to the Unova region, plus the new starting town.

But did I read this correctly?

300 MOAR pokemon? 300 already?! Come on, Nintendo! Unless these are old Pokemon that you can catch in Unova...

First time I seen Tyranitar outside the Johto Dex, same with Metagross.

300 MOAR pokemon? 300 already?! Come on, Nintendo! Unless these are old Pokemon that you can catch in Unova...
You didn't read it correctly.

There are 150 more Pokémon - old ones.

Still, I need to know one thing: Does normal Kyurem get Fusion Flare or at least Fire Blast?

This is the cutest female MC ever
I shall call her Usagi because
In the name of the moon, she will punish you!
Yes! I'm gonna have to go with Usagi as well. Maybe we can start a trend...

Also, I swear we have our most feminine male player character yet. He could be a crossdressing Hilda.

You didn't read it correctly.

There are 150 more Pokémon - old ones.
The article does actually say that 300 old Pokemon will be added. I don't think I buy it though - a total of 300 would be more reasonable, though it would still be the biggest regional dex ever.

Still, I need to know one thing: Does normal Kyurem get Fusion Flare or at least Fire Blast?
All I can say is that the Kyurem formes appear to get Fusion Flare/Bolt according to the screenshots.

The only thing I'm not liking so far are the new protagonists. I'm at least okay with everything else announced so far.

it seems to me that the yellow thing the female character wears is shorts, not a skirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom