• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

May vs. Wakana for Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see May as a very noble and nice girl. Seeing her ripping into another nice girl like Wakana seems too out of character for me.

Well I didn't expect her to act like Misty (GOD FORBID!), but still, what if Wakana was more assertive and didn't faint when she saw Drew?

May could have showed at least a little bit of objection to Wakana, especially since Wakana blatantly stated that she was actually going to confess her love to him.

May...just didn't seem to mind. In fact I heard that May actually teases Drew that he has a fangirl who likes him. (Wakana).

I wondered how May would react if another girl crushed on Drew, and now I got my answer. She didn't mind, just like she didn't mind back in Rubello town. I'm seeing this as more of an anti hint, especially since it seemed like May was "setting the two up" when she introduces Wakana to Drew when he was in his swimsuit.

If I were May, I sure as hell wouldn't introduce a girl with a MAJOR crush to my possible love interest.

1st off i dont want May off the show. 2nd the writers write it so its happy. May is showing affection for Drew. They make it so that May is just being nice. This isnt like usual Animes where they kill people to get the guy.

Kater said:
1st off i dont want May off the show. 2nd the writers write it so its happy. May is showing affection for Drew. They make it so that May is just being nice. This isnt like usual Animes where they kill people to get the guy.

I beg to differ. Go look at Misty when other girls (like Melody and Macy) hit on Ash. She got very annoyed and started arguing with them. The writers have done this plenty of times during the love triangles before.

May on the other hand, didn't do anything of the sort when Wakana crushed on Drew, she didn't mind.

See Scott? You were jumping to conclusions.

And I don't recall Misty killing Macy or Melody. This did do what they did in pushing forward the ship, however.

It would be nice if people stop mentioning who is going or not going to leave the series at the end of this season. I think we've had the same argument over and over again and it's getting old.

It also would be nice if people give their opinions after they watch the actual episode. :)

Misty actually ended up being pretty chummy with Melody. Then again, that was after Melody started pushing for Pokeshipping.

As for May, sure, her lack of insecurity over Wakana/Drew would probably be an anti-hint were it not for the blushing scene during the contest that conclusively confirms her interest in Drew. Personally I hate resorting to arguments like "she's just not the jealous type!" and "it's not like the other girl was a threat!" because 99.999% of the time it's just a lame cop-out to get around the character not showing any feelings for the other (y hello thar, Advanceshipping). But since in this case it is possible to rationalise May's non-jealousy, but impossible to rationalise away her blush, I'm going to have to declare Contestshipping the 0.001% exception to the rule. I don't like it too much, but Occam's Razor wins out.

Last edited:
Well I like Wakana and Drew- Just.. Because! I woudn't mind Wakana returning again

as for Contestshipping.. well... no comment

... Ugh.

Lemme get this straight: Some chick named Wakana is interested in Drew, and May isn't jealous, but when Wakana asks May what she thinks of Drew shse starts blushing.

May not getting jealous because Wakana is so nice or whatever would normally sound like a cheap excuse to me. May being so cheery about the crush is... odd. Contestshipping seems like the type of ship where May would go wild about it with the love/hate thing going on.

May not being the jealous type would normally sound like a load of garbage too. If May were that sweet, I'd think she were someone like... I don't know, the type who blushes at generally anything. Kind of like Daisuke. But May isn't anywhere near as shy as he is.

I don't really buy May knowing Drew likes him or not seeing Wakana as a rival either.

There is that blushing moment when Wakana asked May about Drew though. So maybe that's supposed to screw the lack of jealousy. Or it could possibly just be this is a ship where jealousy isn't really a factor or something. That's had to have happened. Somewhere.

... W/e. I'll wait till I've seen the episode or something.

May not getting jealous has Jo-Jo emotionally confused, since it goes against everything she believes in when it comes to canon ships. :p But then there's May blushing, but then she doesn't get jealous, but then May blushes again, but then May doesn't care that Wakana was about to confess her love to Drew.

At the very least, it shows that May isn't terribly excited about entering Drew's love life, especially since she didn't mind that another girl liked him, and in fact became best friends with her and encouraged her interaction with him!

Wheee.

what? May likes Drew. She helps Wakana because thats her personality. She isn't jealous shes shy. Which you stated. She is afraid to stop Wakana from liking Drew.

I might sound like an arsehole by saying this, but I do believe May didn't get jealous at all because she was sure Wakana wasn't a real threat. Drew would've probably ditched the poor girl if she confesed her feelings.

Also, Drew seemed annoyed when May was bugging him about having a fangirl. Seems like he didn't like May not showing any jealousy. :p

May not getting jealous has Jo-Jo emotionally confused, since it goes against everything she believes in when it comes to canon ships. :p
Don't exaggerate. :p

The non-jealousy is an annoyance, but explanations for it do exist - Wakana wasn't a threat, May's not the jealous type, Wakana's too nice to hate, etc.

You know what I would be very interested in seeing, though? Drew hitting on someone else. May knows Drew likes her, which might be why she doesn't mind so much when other girls get crushes on him, but if he was the one looking at other women, then we might see some jealousy.

Last edited:
For reference for everryone here, Scott85 here is Cybercubed on SPPf. Yes, *that* Cubercubed.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Watching the episode again, it seems to me that May doesn't have any initial problem with Wakana's feelings simply because she's not aware of them straight away. Initially, it only seems like hero worship. After that..well..what's there for her to get jealous about? It's not like Drew actually responded to Wakana's feelings whatsoever to begin with.

Archaic said:
For reference for everryone here, Scott85 here is Cybercubed on SPPf.
Uhh..... we know. So?

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Watching the episode again, it seems to me that May doesn't have any initial problem with Wakana's feelings simply because she's not aware of them straight away. Initially, it only seems like hero worship.
Aha! I thought that might be the case. Do you know what Wakana says to May in the poolside scene, just after Drew leaves? It looks like she said something at that point that spelled out her feelings for Drew. May looks very shocked.

I still need to ask something, Scott85 and some other people ( you know who you are :party: ) Why do you guys suddenly see May as the jealous type? Again and again you thought that she would be jealous. I never got that part. Why did you guys even think she was the jealous type. I haven't seen much evidence to show she was the jealous type. In love I mean.

Not to be rude but, I have to say there are too many assumptions made here. IS there anyone who has evidence or even a translator that can clarify what the chracters are doing or saying? Otherwise some 'recommendations' or 'rumors' or whatever comes up will make people think what they THINK they thought was going on in the ep. So we seriously need some proof to is that what they thought, felt, etc. Felt maybe not so much because that's on the character. Like some people are judging by the characters tone or etc.

Kasumi-san said:
Yeah, I think she challenges May for the contest and tells her that if she gets the ribbon, she's going to tell Drew that she loves him. Or something akin to that. May seems all "WTF?" about it. ^^;

THANK YOU! This is the kind of proof I'm talking about. Wakana does challenge May for the contest that as much as I know, cause she says 'shobu' meaning match or battle. :spin:

If May isn't jealous of Wakana and it's an anti-Contestshipping hint, the same could be said for the Sid/May deal.

cold_katanagirl said:
If May isn't jealous of Wakana and it's an anti-Contestshipping hint, the same could be said for the Sid/May deal.

Yeah.. By saying that you think that May is the jealous type, don't you? Has it ever occurred to you that May might not be the jealous type? You saw how nice May was to Wakana! That proves that May doesn't get possesive and isn't like, "That man is mine! Back off!" kind of person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom