• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia MCH Multiverse Mafia! ENDGAME (TOWN WIN); 6/16/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to study for chemistry. Let's
622MS.png
!

TheCapsFan has posted post before I can press the submit button! Claiming town doesn't help anyone. I should know. *points to All Stars Mafia*
barty_croutch_jr__by_thebeautykiller666-d8ijkye.gif

if only things were simple like that lol

If not for Pikochu being busy, I would be inclined to vote for him, but I'll give him a chance and some time.

HELLCROW HOWEVER DOESN'T SEEM TO HAVE A REASON LIKE THAT. I'M IFFY ON THESE LOW-CONTENT POSTS AND JUMPING ON A BANDWAGON VOTE WITHOUT OFFERING MUCH ELSE. PERHAPS THAT IS PLAYING TO A POST RESTRICTION, BUT AN OPTIONAL POST RESTRICTION SHOULDN'T KEEP YOU FROM CONTRIBUTING SIGNIFICANTLY.

HELLCROW IS THE PERSON I FIND MOST SUSPICIOUS BASED ON WHAT WE HAVE SO FAR.

VOTE: HELLCROW
I agree with Sunsette's points here on Hellcrow.

Even though my meta with Hellcrow is that he doesn't post often yes, I feel that Hellcrow just starting to post now comes off with mafia vibes as trying to fit in and at least post something. A thing I've done in the past as mafia and have seen some other people as mafia do this as well.
He posting now might mean that the hosts might have prompted him to post and that he might be more active in some kind of private communications or that he's busy with a whole lot of other stuff to focus on this game.

Vote: Hellcrow

Day 2's V-V-V-Votals 2.3

TheCapsFan (3)
: FinalArcadia, leetic, Hellcrow (L-3)
Hellcrow (2): Sunsette, Leggo
Midorikawa (1): DrumBeats
Pikochu (1): jdthebud

Voteless Chumps (4): MidoriKawa, Pikochu, TheCapsFan, Crystal Onix
___________________________________________​

55 minutes remain in phase. With 11 alive, 6 votes will yield a phase-ending hammer. If there is no hammer, there will be no lynch.

Given that Pikochu was subbed out, I'll let it go for now. I'll join the other non-Caps bw then, since I think NL'ing is not a good strategy here.

[Unvote] Pikochu
[Vote] Hellcrow

So it's night? Alright. Anyone have any questions for me or wish to provide their reads so I can get updated?

I'm sorry I've been silent the last couple days. They've been busy. Well, at least Tuesday was busy with my needing to be down on campus to take care of classes being dropped and financial aid. Wednesday, I was schist out because, well, summer in the desert + my air conditioner being broken + no ventilation doesn't make a good environment to be citrine here in.

Now that my AC is fixed and I'm here, though,

Wait, hold on...we are on hammer. So if you know that, why are you so concerned over a singular random vote on yourself? That's quite defensive IMO, but yet...you could still be town, technically.
I'd like a bit of explanation about you saying we are on hammer. With only 3 of the required 6 votes on you, you weren't being hammered, so I'm confused.

Hellcrow listing the bandwagon on Caps as his first reason for voting against him feels a bityite scummy, but I'm not sure whether to feel his pointing to FA's post feels more like it lends legitimacy to Hellcrow's vote or makes it feel like he's hiding behind FA due to his not being specific about which of FA's arguments he agrees with.

Is there any of Piko's behaviour that I would need to defend against?
Never responded to our inquiries about this post. I suggest reading from there a bit, but it's probably worth reading from the beginning as well, since there is some context he refers to. There aren't that many so it shouldn't take that long...:p
Makes the assumption that the setup is logical to begin with though. If the setup and/or role alignment isn't logical, then figuring out the setup of this game isn't really worth the time. As mentioned in the first post, roles and alignment assignment are random. The best we can do is present evidence of alignment and corresponding role with game content.

The way to currently settle the miller debate is either lynch both/either Caps and/or DB or rolecop scans their roles. And even then, are we dealing with both town, both scum or scum is hiding within one of them. It's a good cover up for scum to claim miller at this earlier in the game so they can most likely play it off as town if cop reads them as scum. On the other hand, being town, they may not want to waste cops scans. It would be stupid for scum to claim miller early in the game as they are probably going to be lynched in the later phases if we haven't found scum yet.

I don't know what to make of Zexy's kill, though I do find this post interesting:

Looks a little scummy to imply that leetic and Zexy are potential scumbuddies upon Zexy's flip. Worth keeping an eye on.

Here's the thing: if Caps and DB are scumbuddies, why both claim miller so early in the game? Scum would be OMGTS knowing for sure they will be losing two members in the near future. One being scum, likely but I don't two being scum is likely at all because they both claim miller.
As for a reads list, I'll have to take a look at the thread later to do so. I'll make sure to post something before the night ends so it's there if I get NK'd.

@DrumBeats Whether you believe it's true or not, for a moment, accept that we are both telling the truth and that we are both millers.

Now, in this scenario, which of the following do you find more scummy and why: those that automatically called out suspicion, or those that automatically considered it to be a likely possibility?

Other people can answer this too.

Automatically considered it likely, provided they had not also expressed some sense of doubt.

Also everyone, it's time for mechanical optimization breakdown with DB since we can't seem to get a single lynch off.

Rule 1: Always Vote:
From here on out everyone should place a vote on their highest FoS in their first post, along with one sentence of reasoning so we know it is not RVS.

Rule 2 (IMPORTANT): Do not hammer until 24 hours into the day:
Should your highest FoS already have enough votes to hammer, just note that they are your primary FoS instead of voting, but if this stays the same and there is not a currently active discussion going on in thread at 24 hours, vote them.

Rule 3: Follow Rules 1 and 2. It's that simple.

Everybody needs to acknowledge that they read and understand that post. It is important. If I do not see a comment that you read and understand it, I will know you are skimming and call you out on it.

THAT... SOUNDS LIKE IT'S GOING TO LEAD TO A MISLYNCH AS SOON AS SOMEBODY PICKS UP A BANDWAGON.

I agree with DrumBeats's plan for how to tackle the day phases. Clearly we're going nowhere fast with the current way the days have gone, and we need to start trying to lynch. This would also encourage everyone to be more forthcoming in saying who they suspect most if we vote in our first posts.

THAT... SOUNDS LIKE IT'S GOING TO LEAD TO A MISLYNCH AS SOON AS SOMEBODY PICKS UP A BANDWAGON.
Not necessarily when I doubt everyone is going to have the same person as their top suspect and initial vote. It's not much different risk-wise than a normal game without hammering imo; there's the same chance of a bandwagon going bad. At the moment, I'd kinda have to argue that even a mislynch is better than a no lynch, because we're all running around with little info that we all agree on, and having a lynch to read would probably help (though obviously lynching scum would be the best outcome). There's also no guarantee that a bandwagon would lead to a mislynch at all; it could hit scum and under DB's recommendations everyone would have to provide a reason for voting beyond just following other people.

I AGREE THAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO VOTE, THAT'S NOT THE PART THAT BUGS ME. MAYBE IT'S THE WORDING, BUT THERE'S SOMETHING I DON'T LIKE ABOUT THE VOTING BREAKDOWN PLUS "reply to my post or I will call you out for skimming".

I DON'T KNOW, IT ALMOST FEELS TO ME LIKE DB IS SETTING IT UP SO THAT HE CAN DECIDE WHAT IS AND ISN'T SCUM BEHAVIOR.

Okay, I just remembered something I thought about last night (as in, real last night, not last night phase lol):
Trying to get adjusted to summer classes which means I need to to manage my time wisely.

leetic doesn't seem scummy, yes, but at the phase update, I got a message via host PM from a messenger that leetic is confirmed town. As I don't have private communication, I can't do much with this.
It could be that leetic is mafia and had someone send me this message who knows.
Though, it could also be possible that whoever sent me this message could be mafia and just me talking about this can make me look mafia as I could just simply say "whaddup guys got a message from somebody about somebody being a townie as i know since i'm really just mafia
720MS.png
!". So the mafia could be making me look mafia just by talking about this lol

Regarding affirming TheCapsFan's guess about me being Restless Spirit, I kind of regret that as now the mafia won't want to NK me and I remember one game where the mafia NK'd me when I did have a Restless Spirit role in Mintaka's WR mafia, iirc (gotta read back on that).
Nobody has really talked about this, but I've been thinking about it some.

@Leggo is there anything more you can tell us about this message in detail that's within the rules? Like any kind of flavor that explained why you received this or something?

It's very strange, since it obviously isn't a cop (or a normal one anyway) since this would require them both checking leetic during the night and sending the results to another player, which just can't be the case since that's two abilities. Maybe a cop that doesn't receive their own check results and instead they get sent to a player of their choosing? Could make sense when Leggo outed as Restless Spirit and might have seemed like a good choice. But it would be a very strange variation of cop that seems out of place when - out of the roles we've seen claimed thus far + what I know as my own role - the roles seem pretty standard in how they function. I also just don't think a cop checked leetic at all to be honest.

Maybe an item somehow affected this? Something about the message just gives me a bad feeling, but I can't really back it up with anything substantial.

Any thoughts on the message? It might be a lead, but its hard to tell with little to go off of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom