• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Mentor Mafia Game: Rainbow Rocket Strikes Back - Endgame

Reaction score
Banner concept.png

Blasting Off Again!

Giovanni sat behind his ornate desk, deep in thought.
"Where did it all go wrong?" he wondered, "I gathered together the evilest people I could possibly find, throughout the entire multiverse...and yet."
He closed his eyes and his eye brows furrowed in frustration.
"And yet, we were still defeated, by a mere child!"

In a flash of anger, he pounded on the desk with his fist. The temporal portal schematics, which had been sitting in a neat pile, toppled over and fluttered to the floor, though the Rocket Boss didn't seem to notice.
"It's inconceivable!" he mused, "I, who has mastered the art of time and space travel. I, who assembled the greatest evil organization of them all, I, who has captured the strongest Pokemon of them all! Defeated by a child! I am Giovanni, the greatest Trainer!"

He stood up and wandered over to the windows. His office, at the very top of the Silph Co. building, had a good view of all of Saffron City, lit up in the darkness of the night. He stared outside, at the flags waving from the other buildings. All of them depicted a large red "R" on a black background. He observed as a child in a red hat ran out of one of the houses, breaking curfew, and was immediately pounced upon by several of his Grunts, who beat him down and dragged him away, never to be seen again.
The crime boss nodded approvingly at the efficiency of his goons. Throughout the entire Kanto and Johto regions, nay, throughout the entire world, his name was feared above all else. Thanks to his invincible partner Pokemon, nobody could stand up to him...except that one child.
Although there were countless universes to explore, and although he had conquered his home universe, it wasn't enough. The mere fact that there existed a universe where he could be defeated by a novice Pokemon Trainer was just galling. It was absolutely absurd.

He stared at the Master Ball which contained his Mewtwo, the strongest Pokemon, genetically created at his behest by some of the world's leading scientists. But that was the problem. The scientists were limited. Their knowledge and expertise only came from this universe.

Giovanni sighed, and picked up the fallen documents. He arranged them back into the correct order and put them in a neat pile back on his desk. A neat and orderly work environment was conducive to increased productivity. He clenched his fists and had one final thought.

"This isn't over. I will continue to explore and exploit the multiverse until I have all the pieces I need. An invincible army with which I shall rule all of creation with an iron fist."

The thought gave him immense satisfaction, as he anticipated all of the wealth and power that would soon be his.

He sat back down in his leather arm chair and smirked.

Welcome to The War Room! A place of great fun with strategic games and stories that you create!

For many years TWR has been mainly filled with its most popular game called Mafia. It's a great game and we want to give everyone the opportunity to learn how to play.

You might have heard of it before without knowing it as it has many variations and goes by many different names such as Werewolf and Town of Salem.

Mafia is a social deduction game where 2 groups, the uninformed majority (Town) face off against the informed minority (Mafia).

Town
The goal for the Town players is to figure out which players are part of the Mafia and eliminate them. This is done during the so-called Day Phase. During this phase all players can discuss who they think is part of the mafia. Everyone votes for the player they think is Mafia and when the phase ends, that player is removed from the game and their role is revealed.

To assist the Town players in finding out who is mafia, besides just deduction skills, each player is given a Role, a power, to help them out in the game. Players can use their powers during the Night Phase. This is the phase after the day phase where players use their powers in preparations for the next day phase. Everything happens in secrecy as all players tell the host (me) privately what their action is for that night. The game will cycle through each phase until one team has won.

There are many roles in mafia and most roles are unique. Some of the most common roles are
- Cop they can target a player and find out what team they are on
- Doctor they will prevent one player from being eliminated that night

Mafia
Now you might wonder "eliminated during the night?". Indeed, this is where the mafia comes in. During the Day Phase they have to try to blend in and prevent their team from being voted. However, during the night is where they shine. In their private group chat they can discuss and choose a single player to eliminate from the game, the so-called Night Kill. Besides trying to fool the town to vote themselves, this is the Mafia's main way of achieving victory. Their goal is is eliminate all the Town members. It is possible that the game ends early if, for example, the amount of Town and Mafia players are tied and therefore the Town cannot get a vote majority, guaranteeing a vicotry for Mafia

Just like the Town players, mafia have some assistance with individual roles as well. Some common Mafia roles include
- Godfather if the Cop check this player then they receive a fake result that this player is part of Town
- Roleblocker they prevent a player from using their power that night

Host
You might also sometimes see the word "Host" come by. This refers to the person that organises the game, who gets all the Night Actions from players and updates the game. In this game the Host refers to me. It might be possible that @Zachie or @ZinnLav takes over as host.

If you want to get a head start on the more detailed information I recommend reading at least the first part of our Player Guide here

This might be a lot of info to take in, and I agree. Getting into Mafia can be tough but that's why we introduce this Mentor Game
Each player will get a personal mentor

A mentor is a player who has played this game before and has general knowledge of the game. They will privately help you learn the game by playing
You learn best by playing rather than just reading the rules
The mentor is there to guide you and answer any questions you have. They can even give you tips!

Now of course, every game has its rules so please look over them here. Some of them might be a bit confusing so feel free to ask.
  1. Forum Rules and The War Room Rules always apply. Please read TWR Rules if you are not familiar with them
  2. Day phases will last 48 hours and Night phases will last 24 hours, but may be shortened at the hosts' discretion if the length is redundant. Votes and actions will be locked as soon as the deadline for each phase passes. Votes/actions at :00 count, those at :01 don't. If the host(s) are sure that they won't be able to update, they may extend the phase in question straight from the beginning.
  3. Please be active. What this means is that we ask you to regularly post. It is common in this game to post multiple times a day so keep that in mind. Of course we do not ask you to be active 24/7 but to keep the game flowing if a player never responds we might have to replace that player.
  4. Nameclaiming is not allowed. Nameclaiming means to say what the name of your role. For example, you cannot say "I'm Pikachu", but you can say "I'm the Cop".
  5. No quoting or screenshots of any conversation with the host and your mentor. This includes exact wincon wording and posting fake data that supposedly comes from said sources.
  6. If you change your username mid-game, please state your old and new ones in-thread and mention the host(s).
  7. To vote, use the following format: "VOTE: <PLAYER>". To unvote, use "UNVOTE: <PLAYER>". A tie in the plurality of votes will result in no Lynch.
  8. Rules are subject to change. What this means is that it's possible that the rules get a slight change if I deem this necessary. The host(s) will make sure to mention you if that happens. Your Role PM may also list exceptions to any of these rules.
  9. No loophole abuse at all, please. You may ask the host(s) if a specific action you are unsure over would be considered a loophole in private and they may let it slide. However, obvious loopholes that are clearly outside the nature of the game abused without informing the host(s) beforehand may be faced with a zero-tolerance policy.
  10. It will be announced when the phase could possibly be the last phase. As an example, if the Town would get outnumbered in the current phase if they vote incorrectly then they would lose game and thus it might be the last phase.
  11. Outside communication (that is, communication that is not provided by the hosts) is NOT permitted. Some games allow you to privately talk with other players if you want, but for simplicity we exclude that from this game. Don't worry about it.
  12. After dying in the game, you may post more but said posts may not contain game-relevant information. Please avoid posting more than once or posting pointlessly.
  13. If the game has reached a stalemate state either by accident or by players intentionally idling kills, it will end as a tie for the parties involved.
  14. To show that you've read the rules, tell me who your favourite gym leader is.
  15. The most important rule. Have fun!

If you want to join the game, just make a post that you want to join as either player or mentor (and don't forget the secret extra thing to post).

Now, should you join as a player or a mentor?
Mentors do NOT have to be pro players. Anyone with a basic understanding of the game who can explain it to beginners is adviced to sign up as mentor
Players are those who are completely new to the game or have barely any experience and still don't fully understand the game.
We might ask some players with any form of experience to switch sides in case the player/mentor ratio needs to be adjusted.

Sounds interesting? Want to learn? Well then, join up!

Players:
  1. @Officer Snake
  2. @Giri
  3. @Zorchic
  4. @Frozen Fennec Bomb Died N2
  5. @Agent2583
  6. @prog rocker
  7. @Tood Godfather Died N2
  8. @DawningWinds Frontrunner & JOAT Died D1
  9. @Parissong
  10. @jamiebearcub
  11. @KohKimura64 2x Commuter Died D2
  12. @Felly Watcher Died N1

Mentors:
  1. @Snowy Mentor of Tood
  2. @Lone_Garurumon
  3. @HumanDawn
  4. @Doctor Floptopus
  5. @Midorikawa
  6. @TheCapsFan Mentor of Frozen Fennec
  7. @leetic! Mentor of KohKimura64
  8. @Fatima Shadow Frost Witch
  9. @Pika_pika42 Mentor of Felly
  10. @Jinjo
  11. @FinalArcadia Mentor of DawningWinds
  12. @Superjolt

Host: @DarthWolf (@ZinnLav + @Zachie as backup)
Flavor Text by @Magnificent Entertainer

Last edited:
Players are those who are completely new to the game or have barely any experience and still don't fully understand the game.
I'm not completely new but I don't know how some roles work.
Haven't played games fully to decide fav gym leader. But I've read the rules.
/in as a player.

You could at least tell us your favourite Gym leader :p
I’m sorry. That information is classified.
Ah yes, let me actually credit you for that...
:lapras:
I fixed that for you. I refuse to write “flavour” text, and will only write flavor text, which is the correct spelling.
Too many U’s makes ME mad.

I'll join as a mentor, albeit an irresponsible one :)

My favourite gym leaser is probably Crasher Wake. Love the weird wrestling aesthetic he's got going on.

Let's do it. I wonder if there will be a Tilia reward for this?
I'll be a Player.

Back
Top Bottom