• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Messiest food you've ever eaten?

Reaction score
Sometimes eating food can be a messy experience - and sometimes it can be quite unexpected.

The other day I had an éclair that was completely overstuffed with cream. It was delicious, with the chocolate, pastry and cream all being very high quality, but there was so much cream that by the time I had finished it, my hands, face, and the plate beneath it were coated with probably half of the cream that was originally in it!

Do you enjoy messy food? Or can a less than tidy eating experience lessen your enjoyment?

I'm not a huge fan of messy food, because, well, I'm not a huge fan of mess. I prefer food which won't get all over me, but it's fun to have something messy now and again, especially if it's ice cream.

On that note, I think the messiest food I've ever eaten was a knickerbocker-glory I ate once while on holiday. They completed overfilled the beaker, so that it was more or less falling out of it. They only gave me a tiny spoon so eating it was really hard. By the end of it, my mouth, hands, and even my chin was covered in the stuff. It was pretty funny.

There is no dignified way to eat a custard square, but I don't have any dignity to begin with so no problems there.

There's this awesome family owned burger place a few minutes down the road from my house. In addition to having awesome hamburgers and hot-dogs, they've got this dish called "The Zombie Burger." Basically, it's all the ingredients in a bacon cheeseburger, but instead of being neatly arranged on a bun, it's all haphazardly dumped onto a pile of french fries and then covered in their special sauce.

Messy? Very. Artery clogging? Most likely. But I'll be damned if it wasn't the tastiest thing I ever had. xD

Tostadas. They're too irresistible for me to turn down though. But as a whole I like messy foods, I just take a ton of caution not to get anything on my shirt when eating.

One time I got dragged to this fancy sandwich place, I ordered whatever the special of the day was...and they gave me this juicy meat sandwich. It was really good--restaurant-grade and all! But trying to hold the sandwich by the foil without having any of the juices leak out onto my hands, table, etc.. was a challenge.

I really don't like getting messy with food. x(

Messiest I've ever eaten is this cod sandwich from a local restaurant. Its two HUGE pieces of fried cod, tons of fresh herbs and lots of sirachia coleslaw on a entire French baguette. I had food all over the table, me and even a little bit on my sister. :)

Pretty much everything I eat is messy, haha. It mainly just gets on the table though, and not so much on me. I feel bad for the busboys or servers or whoever cleans the tables at the restaurants we go to because my mom and I alone make enough of a mess for 4 people. xD Not sure what the messiest food I've eaten is though.

Messy, sloppy - for me the messiest food I love eating is Sloppy Joe's

Chicken wings in sauce (bbq, chilli ect'), simple, tasty grill dish that always makes me dirty.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom