• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most hated move?

Roar (back in Gen II when trying to hunt down legendary beasts).
Thunder Wave (in competitive battling)
Splash (for being just useless)
Supersonic (a less accurate Confuse Ray that misses most of the time)

OH GOD. I forgot about that. The fact that it made the Beasts stop showing up was even worse too.

-Poison sting
-Splash (duh)
-Grass Whistle
-(Insert list of moves that are less powerful version of other moves here)

Roar and Teleport gets on my nerves too much. I only like teleport only if it's used for my purposes. Then again, it only useful until you get Fly.

Any of the OHKO moves that all the pokemon in Battle Tower seem to always have. No matter how much team planning and effort you put in, 50% of the time you can lose your poke just because.

For me, it's a close tie between Sleep Powder and Confuse Ray. Both have high chances of inflicting annoying status conditions, but Sleep is worse.

Anything that paralyzes my pokemon...mostly stun spore though, it just annoys me to no end, everytime I heal the paralysis, they just use stun spore AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN.

Protect and detect.

Leech seed. I mean COME ON.

Rock Smash, because it's weak and sometimes you're forced to learn it (I never switch my team, so teaching it to a useless Pokemon... wouldn't work).

As for being used against me... Confuse Ray, Stomp, Hypnosis, Sleep Powder... And any move that your opponent uses to heal itself.

I just hated roar back in silver.

and also stelth rock piss`s me off thanks for making my ho-oh weak as shit!*runs from mob of commpetive battlers*

I absolutely hate it when the opposing Pokemon spams Protect. It's really annoying and PP draining.

Confuse Ray is another one of my most hated moves too.

Thunder Wave, because it's a 100% accurate move that will paralyze, and paralysis is never a good thing.

I just hated roar back in silver.

and also stelth rock piss`s me off thanks for making my ho-oh weak as ****!*runs from mob of commpetive battlers*

I wouldn't be quick to say Ho-oh's been crippled by Stealth Rock. Ho-oh is a powerful Physical attacker, and not to mention Stealth Rock doesn't hinder a Pokemon's offensive ability. Of course, Ho-oh has the ability to recover off the damage too!

Thanks for reading.

I'm also not a fan of Thunder Wave, Stun Spore, Hypnosis, Sing or any move made specifically to paralyze or cause my pokemon to fall asleep. I get more annoyed with those two status problems, more than I do with Confusion, Burn or Poison.

Well, these are moves that drive me nuts when they're used by the OTHER team:

Anything that decreases accuracy (Sand-Attack, Minimize, Double Team)
Anything that causes Confusion (Supersonic, Confuse Ray)

And... and...

PROTECT.

GAHHH! DIE, CLOYSTER, BURN IN HELL, GAHHHH!!!

toxic. i hate it. ur just like "why would you do that to me and just stall and let me die?"

Hate - Traps like SR, Spikes, SR, Poison Spikes, SR, and the like. (Did I mention SR?)

Dislike - Status effects/accuracy changers, but they have purposeful grounding and uses. Double Team spammers still suck though >:eek:

Don't care for/use - Attack/Defence/SpA/SpD boosters. Curse, Bulk Up and Calm Mind please :p

Protect/Detect
Any moves that raise evasion.
Any moves that lower accuracy.
Status moves.
And OHKO moves, because I have terrible luck.

Uh... Splash? I also dislike Dark Void and Spore.

Selfdestruct.
It's just.
UGH. Protect and detect are annoying, but Selfdestruct is just a bitch unless you're using it.

I hate Super Fang since it cuts down your Pokemon's HP in half, which is really unfair. I also hate Confuse Ray for obvious reasons. Status ailments annoy me to death >:[

In my case, Explosion & Selfdestruct... I hate the moves!

Confuse Ray and Supersonic are just as annoying.

Entry hazards and Roar/Whirlwind.

I hate...

the move...

doubleslap.

It's...

a...

waste of time.

Let's see. I have to say Self-Destruct and Explosion top my list. Whenever I face an opponent that has either of those moves (I'm lookin' at you, Geodude and family!!!), they ALWAYS use them. Unless I beat them first, or use Dig/Fly/Dive or (rarely) Protect, I'm dead meat.

Protect is meh with me. I rarely use it, but it does annoy me how others can spam you with it. However, it really doesn't get on my nerves as much, but I still dislike it.

I've only encountered Stealth Rock in-game, and since I have a tendency to pick a Fire-type Starter, it does chafe. I don't hate it (probably because I don't do meta gaming), but after hearing all this, I've grown to really dislike it. Guess there are advantages to Fire/Fighting starters.

Confuse Ray and Supersonic are quite high on my list. Somehow, even with Supersonic's low accuracy, it always hits me, and I'm stuck with it for several turns (if I don't knock myself out first).

I really don't like low accuracy moves (Blizzard, Focus Blast, Thunder, etc), as my luck with them can be pretty poor. That's why I prefer to trade power for accuracy. I will use some of them (Focus Blast has a tendency to end up on one of my Pokemon's move list), but I don't really like them.

Recoil moves are also high on my list. I hate using them, since I'm a defensive battler. I even dislike moves like Hyper Beam and Giga Impact, thanks to the recharging turn.

OHKO moves are somewhat high on my list, but Destiny Bond is my main hater of that general area. It never fails with me, annoying me to no end. I can even stomach Mirror Coat and Counter no problem, but Destiny Bond is one that's high on the list.

Thunderwave, Confuse Ray and Dark Void
All those moves really annoy me, especially Dark Void. I lost many battles because of it...

Roar and Teleport gets on my nerves too much. I only like teleport only if it's used for my purposes. Then again, it only useful until you get Fly.

Any of the OHKO moves that all the pokemon in Battle Tower seem to always have. No matter how much team planning and effort you put in, 50% of the time you can lose your poke just because.

Oh yeah, did I mention status ailment moves? And OHKO moves? And F***IN' STEALTH ROCK?!

Supersonic. Always seems to hit when the foe uses it.

Stealth Rock. Need I say more?

OHKO moves. Just like Supersonic, they always seem to hit when the foe uses them, but if I try? Ha. Haha. What a funny joke.

Explosion. It's worse than Selfdestruct because it's got 100 more BP.

Protect. When I try to Explde on a foe (a hypocrite am I!) and the foe makes it a wasted effort just...pisses me off so much...

Taunt. I use a lot of non-attacking moves. Things like Trick Room, Swords Dance, Swagger, that sort of thing. I hate getting shut down by Taunt.

Encore. This has to be the most hateful move in all of Pokemon. Yes, you may get lucky and get Encored into a useful move, but most times you'll be stuck using something stupid or useless for seven or eight turns, unless you waste a turn switching out. Stupid stupid Encore.

Imprison. This isn't something I come across often, but I despite when a Pokemon can Imprison me and shut down like 3/4 of my freaking moveset. Stupid stupid Imprison.

Roar/Whirlwind. Just annoying as hell, especially after you've taken the time to set up. Went through four turns of getting a Nite with Sub and +3 Speed/Attack? OH GUESS WHAT IT'S ROAR.

Of course, these moves are all super-uber-awesome when I'm using them XD. Except for Supersonic and OHKO moves, but the game likes to remind me how much my luck fails when I use those moves.

Stealth Rock and its variations, Mach Punch and its variations, OHKO moves, Supersonic/Confusion, Explosion and its variations.

Explosion, Selfdestruct, Confuse Ray, Hypnosis, Protect. Thunder Wave is also a pain, just not as much as these. When the opponent uses them, they always hit. I use them. it misses

Back
Top Bottom