• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Archives moving of pokemon artwork files?

pokeant

Reaction score
As discussed here, the artwork located here are not from rgb, but rather from jp yellow, which is used for rby (the pikachu is however, correct). so should we move them now, and upload the rgb artwork which can be found here? Alakazam, Machop family and aerodactyl rgb artwork is aready in the archive here, so we can just move them and upload the missing ones. we also have mew here, but it is reversed.

as for pikachu, i am not sure. the pikachu is correct, but i am not sure which one is used for rby. In the yellow instruction book, this is used. However, this is used in the ruby sapphire prima guide, which uses the rby artwork for gen 1 pokemon. However, the horsea used is also different from rby. However, it does not seems to be from ruby sapphire, as it is aready used in the tcg before ruby sapphire (the style is different from the gen 3 pokemon also). However, when the tcg changes the artwork in the evolution box from rgb to rby, Horsea uses this artwork instead of the rby artwork (the rby has one extra fin), while pikachu uses this instead. Therefore, which pikachu is the rby one i am not sure. someone could check the guidebook for red/blue and confirm. as for this horsea artwork, i am not sure also. some pokemon has more than two artwork in before ruby sapphire (pikachu, horsea, mew etc), so i am not sure if some pokemon has updated artwork in gold silver. someone mind checking the guide book?

i also have some questions about the gold silver art. these are the artwork used for raikou, entei, suicune, lugia and ho-oh. However, these are the artwork used in frlg guide book for raikou, entei, suicune, lugia and ho-oh. both style seems to match each other, so are they both from gold silver? or is the second one used in frlg guide from crystal? someone mind checking it out also so we can move to the correct name?

thanks for your time in reading this.

Last edited:
Right now, the only things that can be confirmed are Red/Green 1-150. To be honest, the only way to find out for most of these is to ask the big bosses themselves. (goes to Twitter)

As for the GSC stuff, I believe the ones more similar to the spritework to be GS, but the other ones from C. But that's just my guess.

EDIT: Where's that two-fin RBY Horsea?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom