• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Who is your favourite pony?

• Twilight Sparkle

Votes: 42 14.0%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 78 25.9%
  • Pinkie Pie

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Rarity

Votes: 39 13.0%
  • Applejack

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 80 26.6%

• Total voters
Also, I just noticed something else:
Twilight_Sparkle_Magic_kindergarten_S2E3.png

Along with Dinky (^ up there), look on the right side, at the filly in the back.

Is that filly checking on the plot?

My bet's on Luna, that she'll snap next episode, or is coming out of one.
Also, I just noticed something else:
Twilight_Sparkle_Magic_kindergarten_S2E3.png

Along with Dinky (^ up there), look on the right side, at the filly in the back.

I see a filly alicorn in that shot.

I noticed that the writer (Meghan McCarthy) of Lesson Zero also wrote Party Of One and Green Isn't Your Color.

Perhaps it's her thing to exaggerate the character's personalities in the episodes written by her.

It was funny. During the latest episode, I thought Pinkie Pie sounded suspiciously like Wheezy from Dragon Tales. I loooked up the voice actress for Pinkie (who is also Fluttershy), and learned, she in fact wasn't Wheezy, but Cassy. I'd never even made the connection between her and Fluttershy.

The more you know.

Based on some of the creepier stuff in this episode, and the details that have been revealed about the next episode, I wonder if the restrictions placed on the writers last season have been relaxed a little.

Not that I'd ever want to see the show venturing into genuinely dark territory: it's relentlessly upbeat, and would lose its charm were it to become otherwise. But Twilight's breakdown, in all its demented glory, seems like something that, while relatively harmless, would have been tough to get by the parent company last season based on what's been said in interviews.

It was funny. During the latest episode, I thought Pinkie Pie sounded suspiciously like Wheezy from Dragon Tales. I loooked up the voice actress for Pinkie (who is also Fluttershy), and learned, she in fact wasn't Wheezy, but Cassy. I'd never even made the connection between her and Fluttershy.

The more you know.

Pinkie's voice actress actually voiced Emmy on Dragon Tales. But the voice actress for Diamond Tiara voiced Cassie, and the voice actress for Trixie voiced Wheezie.

Interesting stuff.

Based on some of the creepier stuff in this episode, and the details that have been revealed about the next episode, I wonder if the restrictions placed on the writers last season have been relaxed a little.

Not that I'd ever want to see the show venturing into genuinely dark territory: it's relentlessly upbeat, and would lose its charm were it to become otherwise. But Twilight's breakdown, in all its demented glory, seems like something that, while relatively harmless, would have been tough to get by the parent company last season based on what's been said in interviews.

I read somewhere that the new executive producer knows that the reason the show has been so successful is that it's upbeat and cute without being saccharine, so the show's going to stick with that tone. So I wouldn't worry about them suddenly writing something like Cupcakes anytime soon.

However, I think the only change in format is that Twilight isn't going to be the only one to write letters to the Princess and deliver the aesop at the end of the episode (if there IS going to be one). So it's also possible that Twilight might not even appear in a future episode.

Apple Bloom will finally get her cutie mark!
HORY SHET. Didn't see that coming!

I think that information was found in an article on Equestria Daily which says that the episode will be call 'The Cutie Pox' in and the synopsis says "Applebloom finally gets her Cutie Mark! But joy turns to panic as she gets a second, then a third, then a dozen cutie marks" so I expect that when she is cured of the cutie pox she won't have any Cutie Marks again.

I think that information was found in an article on Equestria Daily which says that the episode will be call 'The Cutie Pox' in and the synopsis says "Applebloom finally gets her Cutie Mark! But joy turns to panic as she gets a second, then a third, then a dozen cutie marks" so I expect that when she is cured of the cutie pox she won't have any Cutie Marks again..

Meaning she would be booted out of the Cutie Mark Crusaders since she can never have a Cutie Mark ever, is that what you're implying?

Meaning she would be booted out of the Cutie Mark Crusaders since she can never have a Cutie Mark ever, is that what you're implying?
Yes, if she has one or more Cutie Marks at the end of the episode she may not be interested in the activities which the other two Cutie Mark Crusaders, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, are doing or she may be booted out of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. I think if any of the Cutie Mark Crusaders get a Cutie Mark at the end of an episode they would all get one each at the same time like Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity and Applejack in 'The Cutie Mark Chronicles'.

This is similar to the preview of Negotiator Meowth! Scrafty Persuasion Tactics!! which showed Meowth going into Iris's Poké Ball which if it was a successful capture would have changed the series a lot but when the episode aired it was eventually shown that Iris failed to catch Meowth.

Last edited:
Pinkie's voice actress actually voiced Emmy on Dragon Tales. But the voice actress for Diamond Tiara voiced Cassie, and the voice actress for Trixie voiced Wheezie.

Interesting stuff.

Really? Then wikipedia lied to me. Last time I listen to them.

Excuse my mistake.

Yes, if she has one or more Cutie Marks at the end of the episode she may not be interested in the activities which the other two Cutie Mark Crusaders, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, are doing or she may be booted out of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. I think if any of the Cutie Mark Crusaders get a Cutie Mark at the end of an episode they would all get one each at the same time like Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity and Applejack in 'The Cutie Mark Chronicles'.

This is similar to the preview of Negotiator Meowth! Scrafty Persuasion Tactics!! which showed Meowth going into Iris's Poké Ball which if it was a successful capture would have changed the series a lot but when the episode aired it was eventually shown that Iris failed to catch Meowth.

Actually, it's more of "Applebloom mistaken Chicken Pox with Cutie Marks when she got them". So it's obvious that she'll get her cutie mark, it's just that she's sick in that episode without even knowing it till the last minute.

As a result of my recent computer problems, I have missed the incredible developement that was episode 3 of the new season.

Oh sweet Celestia, I need to catch up or you guys will all leave me in the dust.

So after the delay, we finally see Episode 3!

This was an interesting episode. In my opinion, it wasn't nearly as good as the previous two, but that might be because it wasn't a two-parter. On the other hand, there were certain elements I wasn't exactly fond of.

We all know that Twilight is your A+ type of person and it's no surprise that we see her obsessive compulsive nature get the better of her when she discovers that she could be tardy. Of course, this is taken to the extreme as Twilight rushes to finish her assignment at the last minute.

Ultimately, we see her completely break down, as demonstrated through her talking to herself (ala Gollum from Lord of the Rings), crazy hairstyle and twisted plans to create a problem she can then solve. I previously thought that Twilight's "crazy moment" was during the Parasprite episode, but this episode certainly takes the cake in that regard. I'm not sure how much I like seeing Twilight crazy. In some ways, she's downright creepy such as when she approached the Cutie Mark Crusaders. On the other hand, she looked pretty cute when she clutched her tail for comfort.

There were of course many awesome moments throughout, as is standard with this show. I loved Fluttershy wrestling the bear and seeing Rainbow Dash destroy the barn in a nuclear-like rainbow explosion. That was pretty awesome. Rarity's antics were a little annoying at first, but was funnier subsequent times and completely in line with her character. I loved how Pinkie Pie brought balloons to the picnic in her basket.

The ending introduces a few changes it seems. Not sure how these episodes will play out if Twilight isn't the only one writing the letters. I suppose I'll wait to see what happens.

And Spike was a true loyal friend and assistant. I'm glad he had the sense to bring in Celestia to take care of Twilight's mischief. That could have ended poorly. Speaking of which, is Big Mac still enchanted or does he just naturally favor Twilight's doll? And if so... for what reason? I expect this to be a future element in Twilight/Mac shipping.

All in all, a decent episode but probably not one of my favorites.

There once was a young pony named Rarity
Who made dresses of impeccable clarity
She lost her old Singer one day
And called up her friend AJ
To find she had given it to charity

Just thought I'd put that out there. Cherish it, for it shall probably be my first and only stab at poetry.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom