• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My New? Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neverender_1862

Well, I'm not okay.
Reaction score
Okay, just recently realized that I wanted Tyranitar on my team. But I don't know how to put it in my team. I want to replace Electivire. So...

Tyranitar @ Choice Band --->
Adamant Nature
252 Atk, 252 SpDef*, 6 Speed
~ Ice Fang?
~ Crunch
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge

---> Since it's not able to learn Swords Dance
* I wanted to take advantage of Sandstorm's effect on Tyranitar's Sp. Def.
? If any of you have better suggestions, please do tell me.

Or

Electivire @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Speed
~ ThunderPunch
~ Ice Punch
~ Cross Chop
~ Earthquake

I really want to use Tyranitar, but Electivire's Atk and Speed is nice too...

See, my team has a bit of an issue when battling Garchomp, since three of my Pokemon (Infernape, Metagross, Electivire) are weak to ground, despite one of them being Metagross, and despite three Pokemon of mine being immune to ground (Cresselia, Gengar, Salamence, although Salamence is vulnerable to dragon...).

So now I want to know if Tyranitar is advisable or otherwise. Please help...
Thanks to those who will...
Signed, Jirachi

Okay, just recently realized that I wanted Tyranitar on my team. But I don't know how to put it in my team. I want to replace Electivire. So...
Changes in bold

Tyranitar @ Choice Band ---> Life orb
Adamant Nature
252 Atk, 252 SpDef*, 6 SpeedEv spread straight from smogon 6hp/252atk/252spd
~ Ice Fang? Dragon Dance from breeding with charmander
~ Crunch
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge /Taunt so you don't get phazed

---> Since it's not able to learn Swords Dance
* I wanted to take advantage of Sandstorm's effect on Tyranitar's Sp. Def.
? If any of you have better suggestions, please do tell me.

Sigmon, I don't think Taunt is neccessarily required for a set like his, I suggest keeping Stone Edge because its such a powerful and useful STAB move that Tyranitar sets are almost required to have. Earthquake provides great coverage and is reliable accuracy-wise. I do agree on the Dragon Dance however, if you want a speedy and hard-hitting Tyranitar, you need Dragon Dance. Like Sigmon said, breed your Tyranitar with a Charmander. Use the smogon standard ev spread for a set like this also. Crunch is also a great physical move utilizing Tyranitar's beastly attack stat and is great for psychics and neutral to dark type pokes.

Excuse me, so is my team feasible for actually countering Garchomp? It's my main problem...

Yeah, but not everyone who goes to Smogon semi-regularly doesn't know this. In fact, you either have to be on the forum, or look at the strategy Pokédex to know.

As for countering Garchomp, try not to get nailed by EQ on a switch, and watch for the Bright Powder variety. You should be fine as long as you're able to keep a few Dances up, as even with Swords Dance, Chomp has no way of boosting speed,

Though, being Rock, T-tar does still have a weakness to Ground, so be careful with that. Otherwise...do what everyone else said.

Yeah thanks. I decided to make Cresselia stay, to at least have a switch-in to protect my team against Ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom