• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New areas?

There are roughly 6-7 unused islands ( and they could expand the battle frontier island) the same amount as the sevvi islands which were also quite small i think the unused hoenn islands might be good enough for new pokemon in the post game. And they can add as much on these islands as they want, also one looks fairly large.
I see five unused islands; you should look at the artwork. Only two of them are as large as the island of Dewford Island, so they're all smaller than the Sevii Islands with the exception of Island Four. There are nine Sevii Islands if you add the event-exclusive ones, and there were originally going to be more of them (given the unused data). In contrast, there was no data for the unused Hoenn islands; they were added to the map for flavor.

Anyone think dewford can be expanded it looks rather small compared to the land mass it has
The artwork shows otherwise.

I see five unused islands; you should look at the artwork. Only two of them are as large as the island of Dewford Island, so they're all smaller than the Sevii Islands with the exception of Island Four. There are nine Sevii Islands if you add the event-exclusive ones, and there were originally going to be more of them (given the unused data). In contrast, there was no data for the unused Hoenn islands; they were added to the map for flavor.

Anyone think dewford can be expanded it looks rather small compared to the land mass it has
The artwork shows otherwise.

7 if you include the really small ones, and even then the islands off teh coast can be enlarged and fitted to be made post game areas. Even though they were made for visual purposes during the time of release doesn't mean they can't be used now for after game they'd be perfect for storing non native hoenn pokemon.

they'd be perfect for storing non native hoenn pokemon.
I fail to see how they would be perfect or how would they would provide more room for those Pokémon than the Sevii Islands would. Emerald had 236 available Pokémon, so there are nearly 400 species to be added if Game Freak want to maintain the standard set by XY. The more post-game areas there are, the easier it will be to catch these Pokémon.

They could always add the two Hoenn islands that are of decent size in addition to the Sevii Islands.

they'd be perfect for storing non native hoenn pokemon.
I fail to see how they would be perfect or how would they would provide more room for those Pokémon than the Sevii Islands would. Emerald had 236 available Pokémon, so there are nearly 400 species to be added if Game Freak want to maintain the standard set by XY. The more post-game areas there are, the easier it will be to catch these Pokémon.

And accessible islands off the coast of hoenn doesn't fit how? I fail to see why you fail to see it. Even if we don't count the smaller islands 5 islands and around 400 to distribute aswell as making some catachable in hoenn itself you can distribute around 100 per island and for some less since you've got hoenn itself to distribute the pokemon in and some under water areas to distribute more water pokemon. so around 50-70 pokemon per island that fits perfectly and doesn't feel crammed in.

With those five islands alone they can make something along the lines of sevvi islands after game while keeping the games fresh

I hope that they bring the Sevii Islands back but the artwork argument isn't really valid. Indeed, Aspertia wasn't in BW's map and the others things from BW2 too. If they want to add some areas in the Hoenn region map, they'll do it

so around 50-70 pokemon per island that fits perfectly and doesn't feel crammed in.
Doesn't feel crammed in? The Hoenn routes combined had fewer than 200 Pokémon.

With those five islands alone they can make something along the lines of sevvi islands after game while keeping the games fresh
Another island chain wouldn't feel fresh to me; I'd rather that they put effort into solidifying the post-game story. Just because a location is new doesn't make it interesting.

Jun said:
Indeed, Aspertia wasn't in BW's map and the others things from BW2 too.
They didn't make Unova bigger, but rather they added locations to spaces which were seemingly empty beforehand (merely because they were inaccessible). In this case, not only are the islands unused, but most of them are small. If they became bigger, the map would definitely look crowded.

They don't need to cram in 400 species of Pokemon in just the post game areas. They can also do swarms (which already exist in RSE, but only have three Pokemon, so there's plenty of room for post game Pokemon here), the post game Safari Zone extension/Friend Safari, or the Pokeradar. That would put a huge dent in your 400 Pokemon, cutting it down to less than half. And 100some Pokemon spread across those islands is a more reasonable number. It'd still probably be a tad crammed, but no more than usual for a post game area.

Another island chain wouldn't feel fresh to me; I'd rather that they put effort into solidifying the post-game story. Just because a location is new doesn't make it interesting.

If you keep thinking this way, nothing will feel fresh to you. There's only so many ideas on what they could do for a post game section, and an island chain just makes perfect sense for Hoenn.

I'm going with those unused Islands, whether they be new Towns, forests, places to catch gen 4+ Pokemon or what.

I've heard a lot of people talking about some inaccessible islands and whatnot, so it would be cool if those were added. Unfortunately, due to my limited knowledge about Hoenn, I can't think of anything else.

I hope they establish more Contest Halls on these Islands, and dedicate one island for a "Grand Festival" of sorts. You can only enter it post game and must have a full set of Ribbons from one category. On the island, you can compete in Contests with Top Coordinators (the AI would be really hard) as well as get rare Berries, get ultimate massages for your Pokemon and other fun Contest related activities. Also NPCs such as Jasmine, Fantina, Wallace, Juan, Johanna often visit there and you can compete/chat with them.

Last edited:
Perhaps we could travel to those unexplored Islands to the south of Hoenn, since getting new areas with the past two remake installments I wouldn't be surprised if we had a similar treatment this time around.

Something I was just thinking about was the induction of Mt. Battle into OR/AS. (For anyone who doesn't know what Mt. Battle is, it's a location in Orre that's 100 battles in a row that gradually get tougher as you go on.) Now, yes, it was in Orre, and no other previous mainstream Pokémon game, but it did debut in Gen III. It's also a pretty nifty feature that I myself had fun challenging. It would also by adding something to do post-game, and they could make it even more interesting by adding a noteworthy prize.

Now that I think about it... Mt. Battle was located over a volcano... Hoenn has volcanoes.... >_>

Something I was just thinking about was the induction of Mt. Battle into OR/AS. (For anyone who doesn't know what Mt. Battle is, it's a location in Orre that's 100 battles in a row that gradually get tougher as you go on.) Now, yes, it was in Orre, and no other previous mainstream Pokémon game, but it did debut in Gen III. It's also a pretty nifty feature that I myself had fun challenging. It would also by adding something to do post-game, and they could make it even more interesting by adding a noteworthy prize.

Now that I think about it... Mt. Battle was located over a volcano... Hoenn has volcanoes.... >_>

Hm. Mt. Battle was a pretty awesome battle facility, but I can't think of a place to put it in Hoenn. It'd need to be a fairly large area, since the facility has somewhat of a bridgelike design to it.

Hm. Mt. Battle was a pretty awesome battle facility, but I can't think of a place to put it in Hoenn. It'd need to be a fairly large area, since the facility has somewhat of a bridgelike design to it.

The place I was thinking of is Mt. Chimney, since it's a volcano and looks large enough to host the facility. I suppose the untapped islands are also candidates, though.

The place I was thinking of is Mt. Chimney, since it's a volcano and looks large enough to host the facility. I suppose the untapped islands are also candidates, though.

Thing is, I wouldn't think they would put it over an area that's used for something else. So they couldn't do Mt. Chimney because it's already occupied, and I'm not sure the islands would be the right size for that.

Thing is, I wouldn't think they would put it over an area that's used for something else. So they couldn't do Mt. Chimney because it's already occupied, and I'm not sure the islands would be the right size for that.

That's true, just wishful thinking on my part.

Mind if I ask why you don't think they would be the right size? As long as they can fit the entrance I don't see any issues.

Simple. Just use any of Hoenn's various chains of isles/islands. I know its cliche, but it can be called Battle Island/Battle Isle/Island of Battles. I think that would be a pretty cool and neat battle facility in addition to the Battle Frontier. And naturally this one would b e accessible during the main story as well. :)

Ah heck, it's practically inevitable!

They pretty much HAVE to in order to add more incentive to play. Otherwise people may as well dig out their GBAs and copies of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald...

Last edited:
In post-game there should be access to new water routes accessible from Battle Frontier. One of those routes would lead to underwater cave going under the part of Route 133 and give access to that big unused island in the center of Hoenn. I think that island could be location of Regigigas, as it’s very close to Sealed Chamber. I guess the map would look like this:
A5TFhmt.png

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom