• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New forum?

feslez

Reaction score
Hey, long time reader of the site and forums, but first time poster here...

I'm not great at keeping up with forums and the like, or I would have joined sooner, heh.

It's just that I recently came across www.bulbagardenforums.com and I was wondering if it was affiliated with bulbagarden?

Seems kinda different is all..

o_O Unless someone on the staff's doing something I don't know about, that's not us.

Posted by the main admin of the site:

Snowstorm Dragon said:
Some might be wondering the purpose of the forum. It's simple, the old Bulbagarden has declined. The forum once was fairly decent though instead, it's now been flooded with a bunch of extremely immature users. This new forum has to be done and will success will be guaranteed under all costs.
It is also very important to mention here that those responsible for creating this forum are not responsible for any problems that have happened recently on the current forum. None of the main people involved here are responsible for any spam attacks, flooding, or any other malicious problems.

This forum was created because there are many people (although they will not complain openly) who are sick and tired of immature users, spam bots, and forum errors.

It is such a shame to see the current state of affairs as they are now. At one time, Bulbagarden Forums was a halfway decent and fun place though now it has been invaded by an army of people who do not know how to act properly.

lol.

Success, unquestionably, means the problems we're faced with now--a year-old overwhelmed server, spam, and an influx of users who aren't in the upper echelon.

The people responsible for it will never admit to it outside of their own forum. The irony being that doing what they're doing is evidence of their OWN immaturity (the very thing they sought to escape).

To a point. There's very little we could realistically do about them.

I'd be highly surprised in any case if it's actually people who visit the site as it is. Most likely pre-2002 members, from the old CML cliqué, who were never happy with me having taken over the site in the first place.

Frankly...if there are really people on the current site who have those issues....speak up. We're not going to bite your head off. ^^;; Having said that though, we're aware of a number of issues, but there's very little we can do to fix some of them, until the server transfer happens, and that's not something where we can click our fingers and do things overnight.

Out of interest feslez, if you're still here....how did you find this thing anyway?

Well to be honest I was coming to the forum to have a browse and I pulled a blank when I tried to remember the url so I typed in bulbagardenforums and that's where it took me. Browser auto appends .com, I guess.

Yes, most do.

And appending .com is the first thing most do, so there's no beating that. Only thing that can be done is to beat them in Google search results, etc.

You have to register to even look at the forums? That's the most retarded thing I've seen.

I'm not surprised someone would do this, lol.

Look at it this way, like it's been said, the forums here are slow at times, we're constantly getting that "Server too busy" message when there's like, 20 people on, and we have so many spam bots joining with "r kelly peeing in a girl's eye." It's no wonder someone got fed up and did this. lol

The forums aren't the cause of the server strain. We're just the ones who get booted when the load's heavy.

When I describe the server load to some people, their reaction is one of shock. In well-funded environments, it would never be allowed to go so high so often.

@Liam, you say its bunch of members, but the board has 3 members and 1 thread total. This is something fairly recent.

Welcome to Bulbagarden, feslez.

Not really, Geoffrey. Sometimes it's better to keep the forums private to people who aren't registered, especially in a clan for an online game or something...

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom