• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Giratina Form

Maestro says: Deoxys Clone<--- Will only get the reference if you know him from SPPf

Wait...he's here? Where is he?

I mean, it's Shaymin! Shaymin! TEEN SCHOOLGIRL SHEIMI HANDBAG!

Maestro, you broke my heart when you left.

Besides, what point would it serve?
The new form is fucking awesome.

Case Closed.

Ninty, 3rd DP game, put it in, let us battle against it. That way I can get the stats of it.

Apart from that, looks pretty... unique. And cool.

But for Game Freak to use the same scheme in the current generation would be to admit that they have run out of fresh ideas to establish distinction between the versions.

I hope you're not trying to imply that Deoxys was the only thing distinguishing Emerald from Ruby and Sapphire. If Giratina Origin Form is implemented in the third game, I'm sure that's not the only thing it will have going for it. And GameFreak is perfectly allowed to use ideas multiple times. Especially when it's something as minor as giving Giratina a speed transformation for 4th Gen's third game - which will surely not alone make every other new feature in the third game unoriginal.

Uh, why is Giratina suddenly 100 kilos lighter?

I think the question is, why was it so heavy in the first place? I mean, it may be part dragon, but it's also part ghost. Ghosts should not be heavy.

Besides, this new form is possibly the sexiest legendary I've ever seen. I really hope it shows up in the games.

The new form is fucking awesome.

Case Closed.
Please learn to read; I was questioning the point of the ability to download the new form's data to Diamond and Pearl, which is not the same as its existence in an upcoming game.

I hope you're not trying to imply that Deoxys was the only thing distinguishing Emerald from Ruby and Sapphire.
Of course not. I also find that Deoxys' form variation is FireRed and LeafGreen's territory, and again, it is absolutely the last distinguishing factor I would put on my list.

If Giratina Origin Form is implemented in the third game, I'm sure that's not the only thing it will have going for it.
I am worried about the possibility of that form's inclusion, and more so the Battle Frontier's, taking a great chunk of the new features in the game. The return of animations in Emerald, which was a feature introduced in Crystal and removed in Ruby and Sapphire, was welcome; at the same time, it was not a focal part of the game, nor was it promoted as such. I appreciated that despite the lower quality compared to Crystal.

That is more than I can say for the return of graphic time (introduced in Gold and Silver) and online communication in Diamond and Pearl (introduced in Crystal). Game Freak clearly used the fact that so many players had forgotten about those features to their advantage, as they did not bother to develop them to a discernible degree.

And GameFreak is perfectly allowed to use ideas multiple times.
Thank you for giving them permission! Now let the rest of us voice our opinions.

Especially when it's something as minor as giving Giratina a speed transformation for 4th Gen's third game - which will surely not alone make every other new feature in the third game unoriginal.
I would have no problem with that if it were innocent as that.

However, that is hardly my main point. Read the paragraph on the Origin form's seemingly being locked to dimension travel, which implies at best an overworld sprite shown in an in-game event. Also see what you have to say in regard to the fact that Deoxys and Arceus change forms perfectly well within Diamond and Pearl.

Last edited:
Thank you for giving them permission! Now let the rest of us voice our opinions.

But...you're the one who states your opinions as facts.

...and I mean, often they end up being...well...wrong.

But...you're the one who states your opinions as facts.
Oh?
Unown Lord said:
Personally, I would rather that this form of Giratina not be embraced by Game Freak. The reason for this is that the thought of Game Freak recycling ideas from past generations while failing to create new ones, has followed me since Diamond and Pearl's release.
Would you call this stating my opinion as a fact?

...and I mean, often they end up being...well...wrong.
How can they end up being wrong when they almost always involve the word "should"? In this particular example, if Game Freak were to introduce Giratina's Origin form in the third game, it would only ascertain that they are indeed allowed to do as they wish, but it would prove nothing about whether or not such a move is the right call.

But for Game Freak to use the same scheme in the current generation would be to admit that they have run out of fresh ideas to establish distinction between the versions.

See?

That sentence, at least when read with other paragraphs, should very clearly be interpreted as saying that if Game Freak passes off older concepts as new while offering few genuine additions, it will be construed as a sign of their running out of ideas to create variety between the versions. You might argue that it does not necessarily mean that, but then I would argue that it doesn't actually matter what they can do if they are unable to bring themselves to do just that.

So by introducing an extra form in a third game, similar to the speed form added to Deoxys with Emerald, they would be repeating themselves? Sort of like adding a Battle Tower to Crystal and then adding a Battle Tower (and a little more) to Emerald? Unless an extra form for Giratina is the ONLY thing they add (really, WHO would think that would be the end of their additions?), they're not doing anything they haven't already done, and BEEN doing.

It's Pokemon. The series isn't exactly known for being innovative.

GrnMarvl13 said:
So by introducing an extra form in a third game, similar to the speed form added to Deoxys with Emerald, they would be repeating themselves? [...] Unless an extra form for Giratina is the ONLY thing they add (really, WHO would think that would be the end of their additions?), they're not doing anything they haven't already done, and BEEN doing.
I have already touched upon the subject and made my stance clear to anyone equipped with elementary reading skills. I resort to being condescending because I don't feel you did any better by hastily clicking the reply button without reading my other posts in this thread.

In particular:
Unown Lord said:
I am worried about the possibility of that form's inclusion, and more so the Battle Frontier's, taking a great chunk of the new features in the game. The return of animations in Emerald, which was a feature introduced in Crystal and removed in Ruby and Sapphire, was welcome; at the same time, it was not a focal part of the game, nor was it promoted as such. I appreciated that despite the lower quality compared to Crystal.

That is more than I can say for the return of graphic time (introduced in Gold and Silver) and online communication in Diamond and Pearl (introduced in Crystal). Game Freak clearly used the fact that so many players had forgotten about those features to their advantage, as they did not bother to develop them to a discernible degree.

GrnMarvl13 said:
Sort of like adding a Battle Tower to Crystal and then adding a Battle Tower (and a little more) to Emerald?
Sort of not. The Battle Tower was kept in tact in Ruby and Sapphire, and was later expanded to the Battle Frontier in Emerald.

I actually don't really expect a Sinnoh Battle Frontier, because that seems to be the entire point of Battle Revolution. The Third Generation really didn't have a Stadium game - only 2 limited RPGs with limited battle modes compared to Stadium 1 and 2.

I actually don't really expect a Sinnoh Battle Frontier, because that seems to be the entire point of Battle Revolution. The Third Generation really didn't have a Stadium game - only 2 limited RPGs with limited battle modes compared to Stadium 1 and 2.
That only accounts for a possible explanation as to why the Battle Frontier was scrapped in Diamond and Pearl, which is feasible due to the proximity of release dates. The third game may very well be released in tandem with a sequel to XD that will not put emphasis on a battle mode; bringing back the Battle Frontier more than halfway through the generation, will seem very logical.

If that happens, all I ask is that they not pretend the first Battle Frontier didn't exist, that the efforts and focus not be taken away from new features and that the opportunity be used to develop the facilities.

Last edited:
Surely I'm not the only one whose noticed behind his big words and essay-esque vocabulary is basically a guy whose merely trying to make people bend to his opinions?

I mean, Unown Lord is basically a poetic version of the "GAMEFREAK IS RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS!" fan.

Surely I'm not the only one whose noticed behind his big words and essay-esque vocabulary is basically a guy whose merely trying to make people bend to his opinions?
Bend to my opinions? No, I don't think anyone else (bar Maxim) could hold such an inane opinion. Grow up.

I mean, Unown Lord is basically a poetic version of the "GAMEFREAK IS RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS!" fan.

Even if that's true, atleast Unown Lord's comments are more bearable to read.

So I've been thining in how the third form would actually play a role in DP's third game, if not an actual "Battling" Pokemon, then atleast an overworld sprite like Unown Lord said.

I am sure we are all expecting to capture both Palkia and Dialga in the third game, similar to how we caught both Groudon and Kyogre. Sure Game Freak could make it so that Cyrus tries to awaken both at the same time, and you would have to battle them one after the other, but that itself seems very excessive. Furthermore, I have wondered how a Pokemon can control time can possibly destroy this existing universe and create a new one. That is something I would think that Palkia can do.

So my [current] theory is that the plot will play similar to that of the original D/P, and Cyrus will try to awaken Palkia. You thwart his plans, and he swears revenge. Being very knowledgable of Sinnoh myths, he knows there are still two dragons he can tame in order to make the world his.

He will find Sinnoh's fourth lake (after E4)and try to capture Giratina. You learn of his plans from Saturn, who now question's Cyrus's integrity, and you head to the lake yourself. You get there as Cyrus tames the wild beast, and forces it to go into its "Origin Form" to transport him to the dimension in which DIalga lives. You manage to get swept along with him, and another fight ensues. Angered from the trespassers, Dialga threatens all of Sinnoh with its powers, and you must defeat it in order to calm it down. This is the oppurtunity to catch him. After that is done, you are warped back into your dimension with Giratina waiting in its cave to be captured.

And if the Frontier was included in the third game, I too hope they won't pretend that Hoenn's didn't exist, and provide an explanation as to why this one came to be.

I think the question is, why was it so heavy in the first place? I mean, it may be part dragon, but it's also part ghost. Ghosts should not be heavy.

What is it that makes Pokemon Fans think that Ghosts need to be light? Ghost Pokemon are alive after all, therefore they must consist of matter, and must have mass.

Is it their innate ability to float? Honestly, that's so much easier to explain then how Dragonite could even fly, or how Wailord, besides the fact that it is less dense than water, can still dive below the seas. Quite simply, you can say it is their super natural abilities.

Or perhaps it is their unique trait of walking through walls? I don't see how being any lighter should make it any easier for one solid object to pass through another. It was explained in the Pokedex that Haunter's ability to walk through walls suggested that it travels through dimensions to do so, something that the King of Ghosts can obviously do.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom