• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

WORLDBUILDING: New region help

Dont really know what ideas you still need but I was reading through the posts and I dont think I ever put a description of what Growny looks like in. correct me if I'm wrong. anyway I have some ideas for very vicious moves which I could share seen as I think they would fit your fic with the dark path it seems to be taking so tell me if you want them.

An example is a psychic move I came up with called psycho force. When psycho force is used the attacking pokemon fills the opponents brain with so many thoughts that the brain begins to expand causing immense pain in the victim. in many cases the misuse of this move has caused madness and skull explosion causing it to be banned in all regions but Rikken. one of the most horrifying case was where a marowak inner skull exploded but its brain was still contained in the outer skull allowing the marowak to remain alive. the move amost always causes the user to faint from the effort and sheer horrifying nature of the attack though pokemon such as crony have sometimes survived it.
(Power 250 Accuracy 100, always causes the user to faint and is often known as the psychic explosion).

I have more of these attacks and I can put them through with the growny bio if you want them.

So is Leapenight a scout then?

Hmmm...It seems pretty gory. I mean, the analogy of the Marowak was disgusting. The user can still faint upon using it but no splattering blood everywhere.
And yeah, a bio of Growny would help.

EDIT: Actually, I have another task for you. Well, anyone really. I've been looking through the masses of fakemon and assigning gym leaders their pokemon and I've found that I need two pokemon. Let's call it a contest.

Here's what I need:
I need a 3 stage Psychic type based on a real life animal.
It must not be a pseudo legendary or legendary.
If it has a secondary typing, make it new, not Psychic/Flying unless its an awesome idea.

I need a 1 or 2 stage pokemon with NO WEAKNESSES.
I dont care what its based on or what it looks like.
Try to find a type combination that hasnt been used before. I have tried, maybe you can come up with something.

Let the games begin!

Last edited:
I've got an idea for a Water/Psychic Anableps (four-eyed fish, one eye looks into the past, one looks into the present, one for the most likely future, and one for the many parallel times that other possible futures may hold).

Another idea: Psychic/Poison. However, I can't think of an animal besides a snake that would fit. Hmm.. A Water/Ground with the Sap Sipper ability for the no-weaknesses pokemon, in fact, here it is:

Name: Marshbu. (I can't come up with a better name).

Species: Swamp Pig Pokemon.

Typing: Ground/Water.

Experience Group: Slow.

Stats: 120/80/100/40/90/20

Abilty: Sap Sipper. HA is Disruptor.

Evolution: None.

Egg group: Field/ Water 1.

Weight: 543.6 lbs.

Height: 6'7" long.

Physiology: Marshbu are large, fat, pig-like pokemon. They are brown, but sometimes have algae growing on them due to their sedentary nature and the fact that they sit in swamps most of their lives. They are herbivorous, eating swamp plants and nothing else. The males have tusks, but the females do not. They can fill special sacks in their bodies with air that allow them to float in the water while sleeping. They expel the gas when they wish to sink.

Behaviour: Marshbu are just pigs that sit in swamps, doing nothing but eat and sleep. If something attacks one, it will attempt to escape by diving under the water. If the foe persists, Marshbu will cover itself in mud and attack.

Movepool (TMs excluded): Start: Bubble, Mud Sport. Level 3: Mud Slap. Level 8: Rest. Level 13: Bulldoze. Level 17: Scary Face. Level 21: Bubble Ram. (Water, Physical, Power 90, Acc 100, does one 1/4 of the damage dealt to user). Level 26: Aqua Ring. Level 34: Slack Off. Level 40: Body Slam. Level 47: Yawn. Level 53: Earthquake.

Egg Moves: Crunch. Ice Fang. Head Smash. Fissure. Thunder Fang. Fire Fang. Poison Gas.

Pokedex entries: (1) Marshbu live in marshy areas, eating plants that grow underwater. They tend to avoid confrontations. (2) Marshbu have organs in their bodies that act like balloons filled with air. They use these organs to float in the water while they sleep.

Last edited:
Sounds pretty good. I like the new ability, which will be something like Volt Absorb I hope.
The name is nice too. Well done Hadesiro, you've won 1 million Internets!

I am partial to the Anableps as well. It seems like a good idea and it's like the water version of Xatu. If you (or anyone else for that matter) can come up with a bio for it, you get another million Internets AND a virtual cake!

Sounds pretty good. I like the new ability, which will be something like Volt Absorb I hope.
The name is nice too. Well done Hadesiro, you've won 1 million Internets!

I am partial to the Anableps as well. It seems like a good idea and it's like the water version of Xatu. If you (or anyone else for that matter) can come up with a bio for it, you get another million Internets AND a virtual cake!

Sap Sipper is an actual ability. Look it up on Bulbapedia, it makes it when you get hit by Grass attacks your attack power goes up one stage. I'm going to finish the pig now, and maybe start on the Anableps.

Sap Sipper is an actual ability. Look it up on Bulbapedia, it makes it when you get hit by Grass attacks your attack power goes up one stage.

Well, whadda you know? I've never heard of that ability before. I can't believe pokemon have never exploited its use as we have.

Here come the fish, er, frog things, sorry they took so long.

Name: Quadivip.

Species: Staring Pokemon.

Typing: Psychic.

Experience Group: Medium Slow.

Stats: 40/40/50/40/30/44

Abilty: Hydration/Keen Eye. HA is Fisheye (Turns ineffective hits into not very effective hits, for example Headbutt would now be not very effective against Ghost-Types).

Egg group: Water 1/Water 3.

Weight: 10.2 lbs.

Height: 2'4".

Physiology: Quadivip are small brown fishlike amphibians that have protruding eyes. These eyes are each divided into 2 parts, one pointing upward so the Quadivip can look up, and one looking down for predators. Quadivip can live in freshwater, brackish water, and saltwater, as well as surviving on land for short periods of time. Their skin needs to stay moist. Their eyes can see into the past and the future, and they have weak Psychic powers. They have strong jaws, for a small critter. Quadivip are cute, if you like slimy little pokemon with bulging eyes.

Behavior: Quadivip are surface and land dwelling pokemon that travel in schools. They search the top of the water for insects, and the bottom for seaweed. Quadivip can do both at the same time due to their partitioned eyes.

Movepool (TMs excluded): Aqua Jet, Confusion. Level 7: Lock On. Level 12: Bite. Level 16: Aqua Ring. Level 23: Zen Headbutt. Level 28: Water Pulse. Level 33: Future Sight. Level 39: Calm Mind. Level 43: Crunch. Level 49: Psychic. Level 53: Miracle Eye. Level 60: Hydro Pump.

Egg Moves: Spark, Head Smash, Ice Fang, Sheer Cold, Work Up, Amnesia, Sleep Talk, Stored Power, Nasty Plot, Thunder Fang, Spark.

Pokedex entries: (1) Quadivip look to the sky on clear nights. The lower halves of their eyes can see the past and the future. (2) Some can use electricity to attack. They use this to stimulate their brain.

The mid-stage is done! The stargazer is going to be form 3.

Evolves from Quadivip at level 25.

Name: Salablep.

Species: Observer Pokemon.

Typing: Psychic/Water.

Stats: 80/70/60/60/60/81

Abilty: Hydration/Keen Eye. HA is Fisheye.

Weight: 100.5 lbs.

Height: 5'8".

Physiology: Salablep are large creatures that resemble a cross between a snakehead fish, an anableps, and a salamander from family Sirenidae. They are grey with white speckles, but glow pink when using their Psychic or Electric powers. Their legs have shrunken down to nearly nothing, and now use their Psychic powers to levitate when they leave the water. They can make themselves or others float high in the air, but that requires concentration. Salablep can see into the past, the most likely far off future, and the present as it is going to happen within the next seconds.

Behaviour: Salablep are aggressive pokemon that many fisherman fear catching, due to the bad temper and powers that these pokemon posses. They live in Lake Calm and brackish water areas. They are solitary.

Movepool (TMs excluded): Aqua Jet, Confusion, Magnet Rise, Telekinesis. Level 7: Lock On. Level 12: Bite. Level 16: Aqua Ring. Level 23: Zen Headbutt. Level 28: Wrap. Level 33: Water Pulse. Level 38: Future Sight. Level 45: Calm Mind. Level 48: Crunch. Level 54: Psychic. Level 58: Miracle Eye. Level 65: Hydro Pump.

Pokedex entries: (1) Salablep are aggressive predators. Their ability to see into the close future helps them when hunting. (2) These odd pokemon can not only see into the future, but have electrical powers as well.

The final form! Evolves from Salablep at level 48.

Name: Caulascope.

Species: Gaze Pokemon.

Typing: Psychic/Water.

Stats: 100/90/100/90/100/60.

Abilty: Hydration/Disruptor. HA is Fisheye.

Weight: 800.9 lbs.

Height: 9'7".

Physiology: Caulascope are large pokemon that have thin, boomerang shaped heads and slimy, tough bodies, with tiny, useless legs. From the tips of the 'boomerang' down, they are covered in a special skin that fits so loosely it allows them to turn their entire body around in tight places, leaving the head sticking out. Their eyes are still divided, but since Caulascope's head is built differently it requires that the eye goes deep in for the pokemon to look down and up at the same time. As such, it can appear that Caulascope is the same, upside down or upside right. The top eyes see into the past and the upcoming seconds, while the bottom ones see into the various futures. The entirety of Caulasope is covered in yellow and black eye-like markings. They have mouths filled with very sharp teeth, and have strong jaws. Caulascope have intense Psychic and Electric powers as well as their physical prowess. They are quite intelligent as well. They have the ability to share their sight with others.

Behaviour: Most of the time, Caulascope will simply float in small gatherings on the surface of Lake Calm, watching the night sky. During the day they will dive into the waters and look for food, be it prey or lake plants. When they leave the water on rare occasions they float using their Psychic and Electric powers.

Movepool (TMs excluded): Aqua Jet, Confusion, Magnet Rise, Telekinesis, Glare. Level 7: Lock On. Level 12: Bite. Level 16: Aqua Ring. Level 23: Zen Headbutt. Level 28: Wrap. Level 33: Water Pulse. Level 38: Future Sight. Level 45: Calm Mind. Level 53: Crunch. Level 59: Psychic. Level 63: Miracle Eye. Level 70: Hydro Pump.

Pokedex entries: (1) Caulascope float upon the surface of Lake Calm, watching both stars and time. Sometimes they will invite others to look with them. (2) Caulascope are intelligent pokemon with great powers. They are gentle, but not a force to be trifled with.

Last edited:
It's fine, I'm not bothered about it taking a little extra time. Quadivip sounds good too. I don't know about the first two stages. Just make sure that the first stage looks cute (we don't have many cute pokemon this generation) and is pure Psychic. The second stage you can do whatever you like.

But if I had to choose, I'd say Stargazer.

By the way, I read the bit about Quadivip only being able to survive on land for a short time. I could probably come up with something for that but if you could, could you make them amphibians (able to breath on land and water)?

The new Psychic pokemon are done. I don't think they could be called fish or salamanders at this point, and I don't really know how I was supposed to make the slimy little Quadivip cute. I was wondering, can these guys be one of the reasons that the Caligin wanted Rikken? The whole eye, gazing motif, plus the Psychic type is pretty much Azamechide's (the goddess of Caliginis) thing.

Erm...I doubt it. I have a very special place for this pokemon. And on second thoughts, it doesn't matter about Quadivip being cute.
*tosses out another cliche*
As you were describing Caulascope, I had an image of a snake like, Slowking sized, floating, glowing fish with hundreds of eyes. Then I realised, 'Oh, that is what it is '. I did like the sight sharing idea, I have an idea for that.

So what do we do next? Do you want to do the routes, or do you want other people (me for example) to try them?

I've updated the first page so everything is included. The Elite 4 now have descriptions and so does the Champion. I added Marshbu to the pokemon and added descriptions to the pokemon that I had not given one to.
Do not worry about Quadivip. It's there, you just can't see it.

And there's not much left to do. Just descriptions for pokemon that weren't given one and if you want routes then you can come up with stuff that's on them. Other than that, we're scraping the bottom of the barrel now. That's a good thing.

Do you want me start on Amarok? I don't see a description for him anywhere. Just give me some basic guidelines and I'll start.

Also, I don't see Noxton with the cities. I think I know where Quadivip is, though.

Sssshhhhhh, don't tell anyone my secret. Even if you do, it's not the biggest secret. I haven't concealed it that well.

And I knew I forgot something when I was typing stuff up earlier. Little did I know, it was Noxton City. I'll add it when I can.

Sure you can start on Amarok. I thought that was OK though.

Try this:
Name -
Type -
Ability -
Height -
Weight -
Description -
Behaviour (not necessary) -
You can write down its movepool if you want and the pokedex entry might be helpful. Anything else you feel should be mentioned, mention it.

Hehehe... I know this secret...

Do you have a dark starter yet, too, or just the Gorwinna and Caulascope lines?

:( Glory Blaze, youve made me sad. But I suppose you better tell everyone. I sort of do, Its Dark/Poison and I have an image in my head but no names. Its based on the black panther. I want to do this one myself because I feel as if youve done everything (oh wait you have).

I did change Mwonkey and Gorwinnas names. They are now Aikikey (I-kee-kee) and Orankwando (O-ran-kwan-dow) respectively. Let me know if you like the names.

Those names are really cool and as long as you keep champanzee I'll be happy cause that was the only name I was happy with. sorry this has taken so long but my intenet has been patchy recently and I've been busy writing my own fic.

Growny is a medium sized brown horse with a soil brown coat and broad strong shoulders. It has a long grass like mane with the occasional flower growing with it. Its tail is long and vine like. Growny are often used as cart horses because of their strong physique. Another benefit is that growny manure is increbibly fertile and will support the growth. Some Residents of Riken have taken this so far in health resorts they bathe in the manure despite many sayin it smells like a blocked Koffing.

Thanks, of course I'll keep Champanzee. It's the best name ever! And thanks for the Growny bio. Does this mean Growny is Grass type or Grass/Normal type like Deerling?

EDIT: I want your opinion. This is a big one. This is the line up for the Elite 4s pokemon teams. Sorry, you don't get a glimpse of the Champions, their team is non-negotiable.

1st – Valkyrie - Kanjoh

Charizard
Feraligatr
Venusaur
Tyranitar
Dragonite
Ditto

2nd – Wally - Hoenn
Gardevoir
Sceptile
Blaziken
Swampert
Metagross
Salamence

3rd – Danielle - Sinnoh
Empoleon
Infernape
Torterra
Garchomp
Lucario
Weavile

4th – Clark - Unova
Samurott
Serperior
Emboar
Hydreigon
Reuniclus
Golurk

Like I said, let me know what you think and tell me if you think I should switch any pokemon on their team. When I say that, I don't mean the starters. They are also non-negotiable.

Last edited:
I'd rather not go for an eeveelution but Lapras sounds good. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom