• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Old Characters in Pocket Monster 2019

Which ones?

• Misty

• Brock

• Tracey

• Gary

• May & Max

• Dawn

• Paul

• Iris

• Cilan

• Trip

• Clemont & Bonnie

• Serena

• Sawyer

• Mallow

• Lana

• Lillie

• Sophocles

• Kiawe

• Hau

• Someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Journeys artstyle suits Dawn very well. I actually like it more than her original design tbh.

Anyway, it'll be nice seeing Dawn again (I keep thinking it hasn't actually been that long since she last showed up, but it was nine years ago?? wtf??), but man poor May lol. 13 years since her last appearance (again, wtf??) and who knows if she'll be making one anytime soon.

Hmmm...since we have a Contest, does that mean a Contest rival could grace us, even if it's short and they're mute?

Or at the very least cameos by Marian, Raul Contesta, and Remarkable Guy... :unsure:

I wonder how Dawn will react if she sees that Ash now has a Lucario. I can imagine her teasing him by asking if it wants to become an Aura Guardian like Riley and his Lucario, but I also wonder what would be their reactions if this happens...

That depends on if Lucario even appears in these episodes... <_<

Interesting observation. Brock is the travelling companion who has met the others the most. Brock has met Misty, Tracey, May, Max, Dawn, Cilan and the five man Alola Crew, so he has met 11 of them.
Misty follows him, since she has met the Alola crew, Brock, Tracey, Max and May, which means she has met 9 of them.
After this funnily enough, we have the Alola crew, who have met eachother (So 4 each) and Brock and Misty and Goh, so they have met 7.
After that follows Dawn, who has met Brock, May, Iris and Cilan (4) and is gonna meet Goh and Chloe.
Cilan follows, since he has met Iris, Dawn, Brock and Clemont (Brock and Clemont in specials). May is tied with Cilan, since she has also met 4 with Brock, Misty, Tracey and Dawn.
Then we have Iris, who has met Cilan, Dawn and Goh.
Then we have Serena and Clemont both being tied, since both have met 2 (Serena has met Clemont and Bonnie and Clemont has met Serena and Cilan).
Chloe currently has met only Goh (If we can count him even, considering they were already friends before the series started, but then again, we did count the Alola crew), however she is gonna met Dawn soon, which will make her draw with Serena and Clemont.

Okay, we see a new opening on July 16.

If Dawn reunites with Ash, Goh and Chloe as teams, Dawn will be the protagonists again that we talk about new poster as she will not do it permanently what youtube comment and she stays at Cerise Laboratory too.

If Dawn doesn't reunite with Ash, Goh, and Chloe as teams, Dawn will be recurring characters in two episodes and nothing more, and will change other new posters in a month.

Last edited:
With Dawn coming back, I feel like Serena is ashooin at this point; wasn't she the most liked female companion in Japan? Of course, I would like for everyone to come back (especially May, at this point), but not only is Serena my favorite, but she is the only female traveling companion at this point to not have had a cameo or reference to any degree since her saga concluded!

With Dawn coming back, I feel like Serena is ashooin at this point; wasn't she the most liked female companion in Japan? Of course, I would like for everyone to come back (especially May, at this point), but not only is Serena my favorite, but she is the only female traveling companion at this point to not have had a cameo or reference to any degree since her saga concluded!
Serena's return would be very awkward for shipping reasons.

If they're going to retcon Mr. Mime as Ash's pokemon, the smallest details such as the eye color of Gary, forget Pikachu's entire character in series past, I don't think it would be that big of a deal if they just glossed over the kiss. Especially since I think many would prefer Serena's return to be focused on Chloe and her development.

Honestly, it's a bit weird we seem to be going in reverse chronological order...except Serena was skipped. We got an Alola reunion, then Iris, now Dawn.

Whether it's just a coincidence or not is currently unknown. I suppose considering Serena's popularity they might want to save her for in particular later.

Especially since I think many would prefer Serena's return to be focused on Chloe and her development.
I think you underestimate shipper prominence. ;)
Ed: I mean, to some extent I jest, but if Serena is mostly about Chloe I guarantee there will be backlash considering her last scene in XY.

I don’t think the kiss precludes her from ever appearing again. They can either pretend it didn’t happen or she can explain it away somehow. I think the former is more likely.

I do wish they would actually develop it as some kind of minor romance though. Although I don’t know how that would work, and I doubt it would happen. But still.

I do wish they would actually develop it as some kind of minor romance though. Although I don’t know how that would work, and I doubt it would happen. But still.
It would be interesting to see how Serena's crush on Ash would work after all of their years apart. I don't know how or if it could work, as I'm not sure many people watch the anime for romance subplots (there's other things too, like sparking ship wars and stuff), but I'd like to see it.

Last edited:
Not really. They don't have to address the kiss if they don't want to and I don't think that would make her return awkward either.
And not to mention, it's Ash. I wouldn't be surprised if he forgot about it, to be honest. I can see that, or him only bringing it up if Serena does...which I don't think she will, especially since she would be in the presence of Ash's new friends rather her original travelling group.

If they're going to retcon Mr. Mime as Ash's pokemon, the smallest details such as the eye color of Gary, forget Pikachu's entire character in series past, I don't think it would be that big of a deal if they just glossed over the kiss. Especially since I think many would prefer Serena's return to be focused on Chloe and her development.
While I would like Serena to upstart Chloes development, the shippers would be mad.

Why not both? I need Amourshipping moments.

While I would like Serena to upstart Chloes development, the shippers would be mad.

Why not both? I need Amourshipping moments.
I mean, sure, they can do both, totally. But as far as I can tell, the Amourshipping angle shouldn't really take much away from the episode, and'll probably be only like one or two minutes, anyway. The most I can see them doing is see either Ash acting awkward around Serena with a small tease from Chloe. Honestly, I wouldn't really mind if they did that. My issue is the people prioritizing Amourshipping in regards to Serena's return.

I think a romance isnt out of the question at this point. But if they dont handle it good, ppl will be mad.

Aloloa==>Unova==>Sinnoh
Why did they skip Kalos companions? Doesnt make sense

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom