• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ordering: I will ship Pokemon Manga to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimsg

Manga Merchant
Reaction score
Ok, I don't know if I'm allowed to do this but I'll try my luck. If I'm ticked off, you can PM me and we'll discuss from there.

Basically, story goes as I found out:

Viz comics used to translate the ever popular Pokemon Special manga series written by Hidenori Kusaka and original art by MATO during the rise of the Pokemon fad. Unfortunately, to cut a long story short, Viz stopped translating the manga from Vol 8 onwards: the Johto arc probably because they thought their turnover would be too low ever since the Pokemon fad died out after a few years.

After some sourcing and discovering, I learnt that the only company that's actually continued translating the manga from Vol 8 onwards to now vol. 15 is a happy little local company in Singapore known as Chuang Yi. Now don't get me wrong, I am a Singaporen and I have read Chuang Yi published comics, and it isn't crap. English is our first language, we know what we're doing.

So basically, the deal is: I am taking orders for all the lost Pokemon Special manga tiles *you don't have and will never have unless you go to Singapore*. You can place an order for how many and which volumes you want and I'll calculate the price which you have to pay me via Paypal. I only accept paypal for now because any other money transfer business is very risky.

What you'll have to pay for is 1) the manga volumes itself
2) shipping and postage of getting it where you want it in the world

and viola! You'll get them and everyone is happy.

Approx I'll be charging US$8.50 per book. Shipping price is yet to be determined as to where you actually live.

So I'm taking orders people! Let me know what you want and we'll fix things out.

If you'd like to discuss things further, please e-mail me @

[email protected]

Thanks loads!

Grimsg

Last edited:
While it is true that Singaporeans have English as the primary medium of communication, I wonder why the stereotype of colloquial "Singlish" is still around...

So... how do you plan to acquire Singaporean goods while you're in Melbourne?

"Sore wa 'HIMITSU' desu" -- That's a secret.

Can't tell you all my business plans now can I?

Grimsg

Ok, I don't know if I'm allowed to do this

I don't see a problem at all. What you're doing is perfectly legal; if you buy the books, you have the right to sell them, as they are your physical property.

As for board rules, if Muka-chan can sell Japanese things, you're in the clear on selling these books. I give it my mod thumbs-up of approval. *stickifies the thread*

Scarily enough, with how apparently cheap a sub-license from Singapore is (Which they could do), if this board banded together, we could probably buy the license for, say, Australia, make a small print run, and send everyone a copy.

Just how cheap is this sub-license? This sounds like a cause I'd consider contributing to.

Heck, I'm dirt poor, and I'd still contribute to that!

No idea as to why it was discontinued in America, though.

Whoa.. sub liesense stuff.. I really don't know bout that but all I know printing you gotta do min. 500 copies and they'll set you guys back like $1000+ Singapore.

But anyway, I'm up for orders, you wanna place an order, come looking for me.

*not much in stock as I just checked*

Grimsg

Murgatroyd said:
Just how cheap is this sub-license? This sounds like a cause I'd consider contributing to.

IIRC, Madman Australia were able to purchase their sub-licenses to produce their own manga printing line for stupidly cheap prices of about $10,000 Australian a license per average. And we're talking titles like Evangelion here, not supposedy unpopular licenses like this.

Grimsg, doujinshi creators over here in Japan frequently go in for that sort of money when producing their limited print runs, and trust me, they have no problem getting their money back. If we only made the print run once we had enough pre-orders for it (ie. Everyone who actually paid into the project would want one to begin with), we'd be fine I'd think.

Of course, if we wanted to make our money back, we'd have to find some way to get it out to the general public, which might be difficult given Viz's ownership of the US license. Though, if they didn't continue the license past Vol. 8....

Now might be a good time to go get ourselves officially incorporated, no?

Perhaps it would indeed. This little idea certainly merits a bit of research, and if we could somehow get it done without breaking the bank (Or better yet, either breaking even, or only having an end cash outlay equal to how much each of the funders would've had to pay if we'd bought all these books from someone else publishing them, or perhaps even making a profit), then I'd certainly love to throw some money at it.

Whoa.. you guys are taking one heck of an enormous risk. I really don't know how the red tape runs in Singapore or Australia but for one thing I can tell ya: Things run rather slowly in Australia especially when it comes to administration. And I'm sure Madman themselves are up to their own tricks and things.

Grimsg

Hmm. I thought it was common knowledge that Archaic is Australian?
Well.

Anywho, FYI, S$ ~ AU$, 1.2:1.

*jumps up and down and waves his arms like an idiot* I'll order some!!!!! Ket showed me that site a long time ago and I was planning on getting some but then I never got around to it. What your doing is sooooo cool!!!! But one question, is this a limited time offer?? If it is, then I'd order all the volumes that are currently out, but if it's not, then I qould just order volumes 8, 9, and 10. I'm sure, if its coming from singapore, the shipping will be huge. :( Shipping sucks. I live in Colorado Springs, Colorado

Oh? I didn't know he was Auzzie.

Auzzie Auzzie Auzzie.
OI! Oi! OI!

Anyway, congrats to Port Adelaede for winning the Brisbane Lions in footy. Brisbane must be depressed.

Grimsg

Freebies if you order!

Hey folks!

I've come up with a happy freebie plan!

Anyone who purchases manga from me will be entitled to a free Pokemon gift art of their choice!

Check out my art too @

http://bpanthersg.deviantart.com

Quality guarenteed!

Grimsg

NEWS FLASH!

Volumes 8 - 13 have been sold out all over. We're out of stock.

That's why you guys should order fast folks! We don't know when next shipment is coming in!

Grimsg

If anything more comes about concerning this sub-liscence thing for the manga... i'd be interested in helping if I can. I don't exactly make a crap load of money - but this is a cause worth donating for and at the end of the year when i get back into a steady job (quitting current one in summer), i'll gladly donate what i can to the cause. (I'd love to put down Pokecharms as a supporter of it, as well as myself ^^, plus having the manga itself would rock)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom