• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Palletshipping

I think Palletshipping is really cute ^^ I do have to say in most fanart I've seen I'd have to say that Ash seems pretty short in height compared to Gary
Oh if anyone knows of any site that has doujin on this couple please share as I'm looking for some ^^

Aah, Ichigo29, you must've seen Hibari-san's work. a lot of her early stuff is mad Shota.

http://www.geocities.com/stars_reflection/Doujinshi/Poke/index.html

It's by Hibari-san. She has more on her main website, if you click around and know where to look...I can put that link up, too, if you want, but the doujins she has are also pretty Shotacon.

I saw a different one on photobucket once, but i think it's gone now...

Who tells first? Gary; he just seems to click as the seme, and seme's usually confess first.

Hey, palletshippers!

This topic will be the first one I post on and I want to show all of you something.

A person part of the livejournal community posted something very interesting for the Ash/Gary (Satoshi/Shigeru) Support Community that I want to link to you. In the AnimeCon in Finland this past weekend, some Pokemon fans put on a very Palletshipping-centric play. I found this video very amusing and I want to know what you think.

It's only five minutes long and since in Finnish there is an English translation at the bottom. So if you have time to kill and are interested, you should check it out!

http://community.livejournal.com/palletshipping/35714.html#cutid1

OoO A-Are you serious? I must check this out! *click*

...oh god. I love the Finnish, I really do. <333333333333333333333

People in english-speaking countries need to step it up now! Seriously, guys...we need some epic ShiShi cosplay!!!!!

AR Sunny, you are awesome. just know that. *hugs* feel free to drop us a line whenever you want.

OoO A-Are you serious? I must check this out! *click*

...oh god. I love the Finnish, I really do. <333333333333333333333

People in english-speaking countries need to step it up now! Seriously, guys...we need some epic ShiShi cosplay!!!!!

AR Sunny, you are awesome. just know that. *hugs* feel free to drop us a line whenever you want.

Awwwwww. Thank you! But most of the credit belongs to that person who posted the video on livejournal (or I would have never found it) and for translating it. This video really made my day! The fact that the play got first place really says something. It means that this ship is still alive and still has support!

Last edited:
I know, right? it makes me glad that, out in the world, people still love ShiShi. All is as it should be. ^^

Time to throw in my two cents.

First of all, I'm a diehard PalletShipper. Does no one realize that Ash went through Kanto, Johto, Hoenn AND Sinnoh based on the fact that Gary said he was going to travel there?

Plus, c'mon guys, A Claim To Flame and Can't Beat The Heat are so full of PalletShipping that I felt bad watching both episodes without having paid for a ticket first.

At any rate, I'm super stoked that Gary's gotten 2 cameos in DP already. I've seen pics on Serebii.net of his most recent appearance. I can't wait to see the dub!!!

>_<;; I'm glad you are, too...and i lurves you as well! *glomps* Very few people come in to talk these days...it's rather saddening. *to any lurkers* Come out of hiding! The ship needs love!! XDDD;

shishi shippers!
i was talking to my friend (who is also a palletshipper...) when she suddenly decided that she wanted to write a fanfiction

she is a pretty good writer in my opinion, but needs an idea for a plot.
does anybody have any briliant idea?
please?
anything but the typical 'gary pushed ash away because he started to like him' plot. if you give me an idea i will bow down and kiss you feet!

animedutchess, are you the same one as in fanfiction? (that might be a stupid question) if you are, i love your stuff! yay

Finally more shishi fanfiction!!!!!!!!
By the way, does anyone here support any non-pokemon ships?

animedutchess, are you the same one as in fanfiction? (that might be a stupid question) if you are, i love your stuff! yay

I am. ^^ Thank you for your support! I love it when people love my stuff; it's my goal to make people happy with my work!

*ahem* Anyway...about your friend...I think that, if she really wants this fic of hers to be good and unique, she should go out in search of inspiration! Absolutely anything could pop up that can inspire someone...i've been inspired by a lot of things! ^^;

non-pokemon ships, eh? Well, only Riku/Sora and AkuRoku (Both are KH pairings), and i guess Utena/Anthy (Revolutonary Girl Utena)...besides those, I'm pretty flexible with ships...

but PalletShipping is the one that clicks the most! X3

Plus, c'mon guys, A Claim To Flame and Can't Beat The Heat are so full of PalletShipping that I felt bad watching both episodes without having paid for a ticket first.

The moon scene did it for me. Seeing Ash and Gary sit there together (you don't have to remind me of Pikachu sitting between them) and talk civilly just enjoying each other's company even though Gary still likes to mess with him at this point didn't ring as "friendly rivals" to me. The way Gary opened up about something as intimate as him seeing a full moon on the first night on his journey and then a full moon conveniently on that same night. In fact, Gary was saying so much like this even Ash wondered if he was alright. Apparently, Gary is comfortable with Ash enough to say what he has felt and thought. It was a huge departure from the way he always tries to look cool and knowlegeable around Ash and anyone else (although Ash is the only trainer he ever gives the time of day so Ash saw a side of Gary no one else knows is there). All of this BEFORE their match in a few hours and BEFORE Ash officially earns Gary's respect by beating him.

Then, in Can't Beat the Heat/The Ties That Bind, Ash spends some of the beginning of the match asking Gary what he though of every move he made. Gary was focused completely on counterattacking but was taken aback by Bayleef using its Vine Whip to propel it into the air to avoid an attack. He later uses a similar tactic for his Nidoqueen, even explicitly stating that he learned the move from Ash. And how many times does Gary praise a strategy that isn't his own? EDIT (Much later, when they battle at the end of AG Gary uses the tactic again with his Electrivire against Ash's Pikachu. He must really like that strategy.) He even states that Ash is good at thinking outside the box so he even knows Ash's battle style even though they've only battled once before the Silver Conference. And, let's face it, Gary's Eevee wiped the floor with Pikachu. It was so onesided, it was (almost) painful to watch.[/EDIT] Then, there was the exchange between Professor Oak and Delia stating how Gary was always the confident one and Ash always tried so hard to keep up with him, something he STILL tries to do. But what got me was when Oak said that while he would never admit it, Gary considers Ash his most important friend and Delia adds that Ash feels the same way.

Then, there was the old Pokeball we would have never even known about until Gary showed it off. Both of them kept it despite Gary hating the idea of tying with Ash and despite the origin of it not being a very happy memory for either of them. Seriously, right after a pretty nasty fight between them in the flashback Ash call it his good luck charm...

However, there is still one hint that really gets to me. It was in the episode A Tents Situation when Brock was having a mental breakdown over just the mention of Professor Ivy's name (or anything that sounds like it) Misty concluded outloud at one point that Brock liked Ivy. Ash, completely missing the point, comments neutrally that he "liked her, too". Misty then says he is as immature as Gary. Ash immediately has his own mental breakdown telling Misty not to mention that name... Misty even told him to "stop acting like Brock."

...Am I the only one who finds that really fishy? It's not like Ash said "I'm nothing like that jerk!" and then lashed out at her or grumble at her criticism like he usually does. Ash acted the same way Brock did towards the mention of a woman he liked enough to leave his long time friends to take care of her (and her assistants). And it's not like he and Gary parted on bitter terms the last time they spoke to each other. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the last time they saw each other was in the episode Fourth Round Rumble when Gary had lost his match at the Indigo League and was kicked out of the tournament and Ash went out of his way just to comfort him? Even when Gary blamed his loss on the cheering of his fans, Ash never lost his sympathetic expression. Gary just accepted his sympathy and left presumably to train his pokemon.

That entire scene was just so weird. It was so blatantly shippy that I can't pass it off as a throwaway joke. Something's up between those two.

Last edited:
Woot can I join in on the fun as well?

Of course you can! All are free to jump in on the ShiShi fun! ^^

I got into Pallet through fanfiction, but when i went back and read the hints, saw the old episodes...i think the moment that clinched it for me was that bloody gym in Viridian. #>_<# Oh, man...someday, i will own those first season box sets!

*ahem* Anyway...about your friend...I think that, if she really wants this fic of hers to be good and unique, she should go out in search of inspiration!

yeaa i know.. anyways she told me today that she was already writing but refused to tell me what it was about... i'll post a link when she has it or something...

This is emarassing, but i never saw those, um, league episodes where they had those shishi moments....
does anybody know where i can find them?

This is emarassing, but i never saw those, um, league episodes where they had those shishi moments....
does anybody know where i can find them?

Youtube. Maybe. Found some English eps on there about...less then a year ago? I have no idea if they've been taken down, but it's worth a shot. If not, just wait for the Johto DVDs come out; it'll be at the very end...

Back
Top Bottom