• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Palletshipping

hi can I join, I've been a palletshipper since I discovered fanfiction ( 4th or 5th grade maybe) I read one of wonnykins fics and was instantly converted. I just relised that I've been a palletshipper for about 4 or five years now.

but if you must know something about me,.. I'm also a comashipper

hi can I join, I've been a palletshipper since I discovered fanfiction ( 4th or 5th grade maybe) I read one of wonnykins fics and was instantly converted. I just relised that I've been a palletshipper for about 4 or five years now.

but if you must know something about me,.. I'm also a comashipper

Welcome! The topic doesn't belong to me but I'm sure Satochu welcomes you, too. It's an open discussion so you're more than free to post as much about Shishi as you want. We love getting new people!

After telling myself that Aoi isn't going to ever reappear, I have have been converted to Palletshipping. It's just so cute and all the hints are there~! So, uh, hi? =D

Um, hiya, of course you're all welcome ^_^, just listen to AR Sunny and Mooties (who are pretty cool :D)

Hmm, I didn't notice all the ships I named were all friendship types...and one of them is from a shonen manga (with BL undertones....it's a little too much to just be brotherhood)
I love stories with lil' kids! They always end up so cute and if anyone can do it I know you can make it sugary sweet AnimeDutchess!
There is this one adorable Pokemon story by firehedgehog. But it's not palletshipping at all. I suppose you could read it as if it was?
Anyway, it had Ash and gary and it's adorable. And it's old. And somewhat hard to read....
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/454259/1/

@_@ LavanderIce was an awesome ShiShi artist...but now she's all about her manga last I checked. Regardless her work is awesome!

Ketsu-sama, you liked Aoi x Ash? So did I! At first I though she was just going to be a character of the day, but she ended up taking three. I still think there's a chance they'll meet again, but by then I don't think Ash will really remember her....

...why did Gary get nice...? I think it was all an act sometimes. Like maybe he decided to take on a different strategy to puncture Ash's ego.
...And it worked! As soon as Ash returns from the Battle Frontier, Gary beats him down in less than a minute. (or two).

Moonlit, you're a fan of wonnykins work?! Wow, that's awesome! I bet she'd be glad to hear that! ...That's so awesome!

@___@ So many new people...! I am happy... >_<

XD I think almost all English-speaking Palletshippers know about Won by now. And welcome, new people! And also, thank you Satochu, for your words of encouragement! When I find some free time (That is, squeezing fanfic writing in with homework and college hi-jinks...oh yeah, and classes...), I'll do my best to crank out something! Although, I have to work on my original stuff, too...hell, I just have to find time to get online! XD;

Comashipper, eh? Well, at least you're with us as well. ^_^

And you know, you can still ship AshxAoi (it's got its own dynamic there, and the writers might pick her up again so long as Ash is in Sinnoh...) if yah want...never lose hope in a ship!

...Why did Gary become nice? Because he's crazy-awesome like that. XP

...I don't think Gary is quite super-super nice. (Although, he has gotten a lot nicer), and when he is mean to Ash...I think he has some sort of a purpose. Like, after the Battle Frontier, I think he treated Ash the way he did because he didn't want Ash's ego flying all over the place...

But I think he became nice because he realized that being egotistical makes you kinda...well, not that nice of a person, and he just realized...that he had to grow up. Or something.

although we'll never know exactly why, because I doubt the creators of the show even really know, to be honest...:'D

also lol who is Wonn--I'm kidding. xDD

Im not, who is he? (this is a really stupid question, isnt it. I probably know, but my brain is deciding not to function right now)

...Who is Won? Well...SHE...is a very prominent Palletshipping fanfic writer on Fanfiction.Net...her penname's DragonRose888, and I talk to her a lot; we're good friends! Although, I haven't been on much because of college things...T.T

...I don't think Gary is quite super-super nice. (Although, he has gotten a lot nicer), and when he is mean to Ash...I think he has some sort of a purpose. Like, after the Battle Frontier, I think he treated Ash the way he did because he didn't want Ash's ego flying all over the place...

But I think he became nice because he realized that being egotistical makes you kinda...well, not that nice of a person, and he just realized...that he had to grow up. Or something.

I can agree with this. It's amazing how Ash can defeat the Frontier Brains but still lose to Gary in a battle. I appreciate the writers giving him as a minor supporting character that much development and focus despite his lack of appearances in later seasons. I agree with what you say about whenever he seems mean it's to keep Ash grounded. If anyone knows about pride before a fall, it's Gary.

Besides the original trio (Ash, Misty, and Brock), Gary is by far my favorite for being one of the most developed characters in the series. Also, not hating on Paul, but he just can't replace Gary in my eyes. Yes, they're very different but I have a feeling that the writers will take a similar path with Paul like they did Gary. Let Ash defeat him, he eventually sees the error of his ways, then will probably become an ally/friend some way. This show is pretty idealistic. I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like that.

very true. but Gary started being nice to Ash before Ash beat him. well, I guess it mighta been because Ash got farther than him in the Indigo League, but Ash didnt actually battle and beat him until the Johto League. Gary was nice in early/mid Johto. so why?

I never meant to make it sound like he wasn't nice before. I count that one six-on-six fight so much because afterwards Gary is consistently nice to Ash for the rest of his appearances. But before? He really flipped flopped his behavior towards Ash. He's mean and teasing to Ash in one scene but pleasant and even encouraging in another. It went in that same pattern from Kanto to Johto. He didn't treat him like a rival all the time. It was like Gary didn't know how to treat Ash. It was weird...Maybe the Silver Conference wasn't such a turning point afterall.

Well, if that's the case, is Gary one of the few characters with a seemingly complex personality? Pokemon isn't known for its character development, you know.

Gary's got more character development than Brock, if it really means anything. Seriously. I don't think Brock's character has changed. Like...at all.

Although i swear i've said this exact thing time and time again. Anyways, I don't think Gary is quite 'ZOMG WHAT A DEEP DOOD' or anything, but I don't really think he's a one-dimensional character either.

It might also have something to do with the fact that different storyboard directors want to do different things with him, though...

Yeah...it's kinda scary how that works out, ne? I mean, Brock (besides Ash and Pikachu) has had the most screen time, but he doesn't have a whole lotta development. Meanwhile, Gary, who's been shafted for a few seasons, still seems to have gotten more character development.

I wouldn't say any character that's been reappearing on the show for at least one season is one-dimentional.

They do? Hm...well, let's hope thar these directors have something good for him in mind. I mean, really...>_>; *wants her theory to pull through*

whats your theory?

I think the writers want to keep him around as one of Ash's close friends and occasional partner. His character in general got some very clear development, which they didn't bother to do for nothing. Gary's calmer and wiser than Ash is so he'll probably just give Ash support and wisdom when he does appear. I don't think he's going to get a bigger role than that but I don't think he's going to disappear completely. Even as a researcher, his skill as a trainer is still superior to Ash's in some ways. He's beaten Ash twice compared to losing once in between. He's a good foil for Ash being smart and sensible compared to Ash being energetic and impulsive. They have an interesting character dynamic that compliments each other in my opinion and I think the writers know that. They love to give Ash friends and rivals who know better than he does so he can learn from them and mature. Plus, the writers enjoy bringing back old friends for an episode or two just because.

Wow, I remember when this was a baby thread! Now I shall attempt to answer some questions (and attempt some serious catching up hehe)!

Have you ever shipped Ash or Gary with another character (seriously or not) before you shipped them together? With who? This question assumes you've lost some if not all interest in the pairing.

I'm not very OTP about Pokemon fandom (even if Shishi is my favorite) so I enjoy Ash/Misty and also Gary/Misty too. It's nice to swap the pairings around, especially in fic, even if you do ultimately want the Shishi to happen ;)

If you ship AshxGary or whatever you call it, do you ship RedxGreen (RedxBlue in America) from the manga Pokemon Adventures, too?

Y'know, I almost think of these characters as the same as their anime counterparts (am aware they're not) but with AU personalities. I like that Red is a bit more competent overall in the manga, and that Blue/Green is somewhat cooler and more significant appearances. Despite all that, I don't really ship them. Ash and Gary seem to have much more going for them, chemistry wise :3

Since we’re all slash/BL/shonen-ai/yaoi fans to some extent since we like Shishi, are there any other slash/BL/shonen-ai/yaoi pairings that remind you of Shishi or vice versa?

Well, for the slash fandom in general, ShiShi definitely reminds me of the Harry/Draco dynamic. Both obvious rivals, teen boys. Draco's attitude is obvious in Gary and Harry's cluelessness is shown in Ash quite a bit. I also like how Gary's Cheerleaders almost equate to Draco's goons Crabbe and Goyle. And then Misty and Brock almost become Harry's friends Ron and Hermione. And for an even weaker link, Misty= Ron, for the hair! Yes, I said it was weak!

Well, that's all for now. Look forward to reading the rest of the lovely thread! *licks*

oh, and a PS! can anyone link me to some good japanese ShiShi fanart sites? I lost them all along with my old computer! Thanks lots!

whats your theory?

Mine? Ah, well, it clashes with AR_Sunny's idea. See, you know the three lake Pokemon/Spirits in D/P? Dawn and Ash have each seen one; Dawn's was for emotion, and Ash's was for courage (in plain english, that's what it's for, I believe). The last one represents wisdom...and I'm thinking that someone's going to see it, and whoever does is going to team up with Ash and Dawn and do something important...maybe take down Team Galactic (if they ever become more of a threat?)?

In my mind, the third person has two likely candidates:

Brock. Why? Well, he's the oldest, and despite his skirt-chasing ways, has the most wisdom/intelligence of the main travelling group.

GARY. Why? Well, Gary's one of the smartest out of the younger cast, and the writers might as well use him for something other than popping up once every 40 episodes. Seriously, he shouldn't (and CAN'T) be there just for decoration. I'm gonna have to put my faith in the writers to pick up on it if they already don't have it in mind...

...So yeah. The idea of Ash, Dawn, and Gary completely toppleing Galactic is just EPIC. And more Gary screentime = more possible Pallet hints. ^_^

I think Brock's gonna see Uxie, just because he gets no significant screen time and the writers arent that cruel to poor Brock.

Gary seeing it would be pretty sweet. But that might bring up some Cavliershipping, which I think is the one of the stupidest ships anyone ever thought of. ugh, I just hate it o_O

Yeah, I know...but...but Gary's just sitting there, waiting to be used as a plot device! *shows everyone secret footage of Gary* Look how sad he is! He WANTS the writers to use him!!

XD;; Eh, it might, but to be honest, that ship seems pretty onesided in-show, if you ask me. Gary only has eyes for Ash...X3

I am a mega Palletshipper. I've been one since I was ten, and figured out that yaoi existed. Before I was a pokeshipper, but I just can see it happening. Ash is to... blunt to be with a girl. XD

Hira, there is a lovely little button called "Edit" use that instead.

But welcome anyway~! ^_^

Back
Top Bottom