• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pearlshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lake Guardians may get a more prominent role in Pearlshipping than one might expect, embodying those very attributes I have emphasized. It was Ash who encountered Azelf at Lake Valor, and likewise, it was Dawn who encountered Mesprit at Lake Verity. Then, during Team Galactic's attack on Celestic Town, Ash and Dawn shared similar expressions of alarm that Team Galactic was targeting Dialga and Palkia, and Cyrus took enough of an interest in Ash and Dawn's Lake Guardian encounters to propose showing these two kids the Lustrous Orb for any reaction Ash and Dawn might have. Ash and Dawn's battling partnership should reveal itself quite well if they were to face Team Galactic in one last battle for the fate of the entire Pokémon world, in that Ash and Dawn would stay together and reinforce each other all the way.

It is also possible that the lake guardians sensed Ash's special abilities. Remember that he can sense aura a little, as was demonstrated in the Captured Riolu episodes. Ash was also the chosen one to use the orbs in the second movie, again stressing that he is very special. The guardians must have noticed that.

Plus, Takeshi saw the last one. So it's the three of them now that have some special connection going on. I don't think Pearlshipping can really use the lake guardians anymore.

That's not what I meant at all. I just mean they all have a special connection because they each have seen one of the lake trio. I didn't mean anything shippy by it at all.

I also mean it is not shippy. Since those three have now seen a guardian, and having seen a guardian was supposed to be a clear hint that Dawn and Ash had some special connection together, ending up in romance, now with Brock involved as also having seen a guardian, by that same logic, we now have a love triangle.

Therefore, the seeing of the guardian is no longer shippy at all, that is what I meant to say, and to make clear how silly it would be, I mentioned it would mean a love triangle between Ash, Brock and Dawn, is seeing a guardian is still considered a shippy hint... :-D

Ok, I see what you mean now. That's also what I was generally trying to say.

Well he does cook well, so they might feel attraction to him because of that... :lol:

Or maybe this? xD

4822625.jpg

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=4822625

Brock did meet a girl that loved him too, in Johto. But she was like Brock too and fell in love with every guy she met. She and Brock were supposed to be together, but she went to the hospital, woke up, and fell in love with the doctor that she immediately saw as she opened her eyes.

(eyebrow arching upward in puzzlement) Who said anything about Brock specifically competing with Ash for Dawn? Perhaps he will best help these two kids to go slow and steady during the course of their romantic friendship, while also being content with leaving them alone. One might suspect that Ash is better at hiding his feelings for Dawn than Dawn is at hiding her feelings for Ash, and incredibly, between all the hints these two have gained during their Sinnoh journey, they haven't been asked if they're a couple. I will be content with seeing such a scenario unfold... after Ash and Dawn's romantic friendship has reached a certain point of strength, whereby these two kids will be confident enough to accept actually being a couple.

Ash is not very good at hiding his feelings, it's almost impossible to make him realize he has feelings... And it is almost impossible to make him realize someone else has feelings for him. Bianca/Latias (let's not debate who it really was) kissed him, and all he could do was stand there, and he's never mentioned the incident ever again. Anabel clearly had a crush on him, Ash didn't notice. Angie has a serious crush on him, again he doesn't show that he noticed. That's not hiding, that's being oblivious.

The fact that no one hinted at them being a couple, I would not see as the are hiding it so well. The fact that even Brock, who knows Ash for so long and is an expert on love, hasn't noticed any romantics between Ash and Dawn or hint at this, might not indicate they are good at hiding, it may just be that there is nothing there but a strong friendship.

Not saying it can never become different, and that this ship is "wrong" but the idea of them being so good at hiding that no one ever asks them if they are an item, is beyond me.

I can get what You're saying there.. It might be that people never age in Animes which is a REAL let down..(Partly because he's only ten when he met Misty!) But I think someone asked If Ash and May were a couple in Hoenn.
When You get too involved in Fanfiction.. It's hard not to get your hopes up.
When your permanently a ten year old... romance is hard to notice!
On a more positive note.. Has anyone heard ONE Crystal Kay?? I think it just sums up what Dawn has been hiding! :)

Bulbapedia: Rica Matsumoto and Megumi Toyoguchi: High Touch

"One", or "High Touch"? The lyrics, as sung by Ash and Dawn's Japanese voice actresses, (should) communicate the joy and enthusiasm expressed by Ash and Dawn whenever they're together most effectively. Ash and Dawn's smiles may be especially notable to yours truly, going beyond time and space. I should have fun dissecting these lyrics over the next few days.

i support pearlshipping very much . ihope it didn't end like advanceshipping

i support pearlshipping very much . ihope it didn't end like advanceshipping

Ah. Welcome to the Bulbagarden Pearlshipping thread, and feel free to look around a bit. Take note of the various moments surrounding Ash and Dawn's romantic friendship, including any similarities in their reactions, such as the ones below.:

Ash and Dawn copying each other's body language

Ash and Dawn's reactions may be quite similar to each other, making their personalities almost the same, and yet, they may have other similarities about them. Feel free to ponder any similarities you can think of, then comment about them here, as well as other Pearlshipping hints you've observed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom