• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Peter Tomarken dead at 63

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSS_Killer

The (6) Train BCCS Owner
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/13/plane.crash.ap/index.html

Peter Tomarken, Host of the popular game show Press Your Luck, died in a plane crash over Santa Monica Bay Monday morning. Press Your Luck was a popular game show which ran from 1983 - 1986 on CBS, with the widely known quotation from the show "Big Bucks, No Whammies!". Tomarken was 63.

This news has hit me where it hurts, since i'm an avid game show fan, and I will miss him dearly. Tomarken's attitude during his Press Your Luck stint was subtle, yet exciting, and that really propelled the show to astronomical heights during it's peak. At least he can now rest in peace with the announcer from that show, Rod Roddy, who died in 2003 due to cancer. I will bet you that in the next few days, there probably will be a Press Your Luck marathon on GSN.

Last edited:
I think Rod Roddy's death was more upsetting to the Price is Right fans (well, at least the ones that were kids while he was an announcer). He was the only "TPiR" announcer I knew of at that time. I wasn't born when Jimmy Olson was the announcer, but I know about Rod.

And just as I figured, a tribute to Peter Tomarken is going to be shown on GSN by way of a Press Your Luck marathon this Sunday, from 9am-6pm EST/PST.

Not to mention the Press Your Luck scandal was on last night, although that doesn't count since it was mainly on Michael Larson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom