• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Please tell me why everyone hates new things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultrapyrusmaster

Reaction score
I've heard so many people say "I hate bakugan, it's a wannabe pokemon" or I hate Yugioh, its just a wannabe pokemon" ect. Why cant new things come out that look similar without people just assuming they're ripoffs? I play pokemon, yugioh, and bakugan and none are close to the same.

We're stubborn, that's why.

Also, I've never seen anyone say that Yu-gi-oh's a Pokémon rip-off.

I've seen people say that Bakugan is a rip-off of both Pokémon and Yu-gi-oh. :\

im just saying. ive been around since (if anyone remembers it) The original Power Rangers!! New things come out all the time, that dosnt mean they're ripoffs.

Because people think that playing Card Games on Motorcycles is dumb.

I heard people complain that new sucks, and mostly they are right. I actually watched part of Bakugan before calling it a rip-off. I was fine with Yu-Gi-Oh when it came out. I did the same with Digimon as well.

You've got a point. I'm actually okay with Yu-gi-oh, since it really doesn't remind me of Pokemon. I'm okay with Digimon. Even though it seems similar to Pokemon (like I'd know), it came out fairly soon after Pokemon, and they probably wouldn't be able to purposefully make it similar in that short of a time frame. Bakugan's the only one I don't like, otherwise I'm tolerent.

Honestly, it's probably because a lot of people are born and bread in one fandom, so they'll probably be most attatched to it.

Just so you know, this is all guessing.

Bakugan is a rip-off of Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pocket Monsters.

Though, I remember reading someone else's statement, who put it perfectly, saying that it was the [adjective] love child of the two. (Would quote if I wanted to sift through the pages of junk; don't really want to atm.)

Though, I'm gonna close this, because this forum, at least my vision of it, anyway, is for the celebration of Japan, not the complaining about anything regarding it. (Be it direct or indirect; this case, indirect.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom